Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,001 to 45,020 of 96,323

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
I don't have any spaces to put bikes over there. 😅
I will complete my cafe near of the Museum.
The 48 fruit trees beside of orchard was a temporary vacant spot, anticipate Fall updates with crops and vegetables addition.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Maxz Oh yeah, it is weird. I've been gone for 5 years. Even the familiar things are weird, like distorted old memories. And this new town is nothing like where I lived in Japan or Michigan. I don't even understand why this town exists. Swaths of farmland that rely on water brought in from hundreds of miles away, with little pockets of "town" with a bunch of stuff jammed into a single spot. Without massive human construction, this place would be dry and nearly dead. I mean, it's nice now, but I don't understand why they built it in the first place. It doesn't seem like there's any resources here and there's no lakes or rivers. It just messes with my mental reasoning for why/where towns get built.

Still, while I didn't want to leave Japan, it is nice seeing my mom and extended family again. Now if only COVID to F off and let me go see my friends too... American pizza and waffles are nice too.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Octane

Interesting turn of events. I've just been told that I was part of the problem that Metroid isn't a successful franchise, after telling the person that I've bought every Metroid game that was available on the systems I owned. No, the problem was that I didn't go out and buy a 3DS to play Federation Force and the other proper Metroid that was released when Switch was already on the market. Thanks for that

Octane

Eel

Oh but karma will rain down on you.

I won't buy the Pikmin 3 port. Thus, killing Pikmin.

(insert a villanous laugh here)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BabyYoda71

@WoomyNNYes There are bikes, but you can’t ride them. Only turn a light on and off.

@Eel New profile picture! I like it.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Anti-Matter

@Eel @Octane
Psst....
I sold my Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD remix PS4 for playing Metroid Prime Federation Force and Yokai Watch Blaster: White Dog Squad instead last year.
Organization XIII arrogance completely turned me off at that point.

Anti-Matter

Eel

Lol it seems our goverment decided to launch a new tourism website, but went on and used literal translations for the names of the states and cities.

Like, imagine if Japan made a tourism website where the english version of that website used "East Capital" instead of "Tokyo"

Bloop.

Octane

@Eel I heard they banned fast food as well in a region in Mexico, that true?

Octane

Eel

I dunno. Maybe?

Several states have banned the use of single-use plastic bags. But I haven't heard anything about fast food.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

WoomyNNYes

@Octane @Eel Oh, wow, banned junk food sales to children, look at that. (pasted link below) Yeah man, sugar & very processed food is bad for long term health. I don't blame them. Every country where western junk food & processed foods get a foothold, obesity shoots up. It's not a mystery. In case anyone else reading isn't aware.

Mexico obesity: Oaxaca bans sale of junk food to children
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-53678747

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

@WoomyNNYes oh that sounds good. Growing up in Mexico, I can confirm junk food marketed towards kids is extremely prominent.

Even in schools with actual cafeterias, most kids will go for the chips or candy. Of course, with a tall bottle of soda.

In my middle school, I remember some kids would buy a bag of spicy corn chips and a cup of instant noodles. Then empty the noodles into the chips bag to mix them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
ACNH could be fun by your gameplay style: Normal way or Time Traveller.
I choose as Time Traveller since i adopt the Harvest Moon gameplay style to speed up the process.
You will be given by 2 starter villagers from beginning. After some works and paid off the first loan, you will be given to expand more villagers (3rd until 5th villagers). You will get until 10 villagers as the maximum during playing. The game have the evolving phase from castaway style island to modern island as Isabelle, Mabel , Blathers and Timmy Tommy have their business.
Terraforming is the last reward after you get KK slider on your island. It needs some Nook Mile points though.
Terraforming can be very difficult project or very easy project depend on your creativity to shape your island as your vision. Before terraforming, make sure you have watched a lot of videos of ACNH island tour to get some interesting ideas from the sculpting island, making the public venues, landscaping, etc.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

BabyYoda71

@WoomyNNYes I’d say it’s fun. I’m not the one who teraforms my island though.

@Eel My city plans on banning the plastic bag, but just my city. Still, it’s a good start.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic