Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 44,981 to 45,000 of 96,503

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Sounds kinda like my quietest airport experience, which was a brief late evening (Around 9 PM) layover at Midway in Chicago. I was 16 and on my way back from a school-sponsored trip to D.C. Our final destination was Indy before heading home. My guess is that weird layover was cheaper than a direct flight.

I wish you luck adjusting. The closest I've been to AZ is New Mexico as part of a trip, and that area of the country is indeed different compared to my corner of the Midwest. I'm very used to rural settings, but admittedly not without that much vegetation. Dirt and dust due to my background, on the other hand....

Last but certainly not least, I hope you catch up on some sleep! I don't need a Snickers when I'm very sleep deprived. I need a ton of catch-up sleep, some caffeine, and a quiet place where nobody else exists.

Edit: Ouch, fried PC? Yep, differences in voltage certainly will do that.... 😱

@NintendoByNature Not illness, actually, more a series of bad luck for an aunt. I'll try to give the paraphrased version. She recently had surgery on her back to help her deal with some excruciating pain that she's been living with for years (slipped/degenerated disks). Her healing time was already gonna be a long one as she's diabetic. She sustained a fall a few days after she was back home (not on her back thankfully) and had to head back to the hospital. Said hospital made some questionable decisions and discharged her when they shouldn't have before readmitting her a couple of days later (uncle was livid), plus it was discovered that my aunt's incision site has reopened thanks to all the trauma of being moved around. Add on an unrelated, treatable, but somewhat serious health issue that was discovered while she was hospitalized, and I really feel for the woman. She's back home now and doing better, but she was quite disoriented for awhile thanks to all the painkillers and other meds she was on....Some I'd argue she didn't need.

All that last week while we were on vacation. I'd hoped the back surgery would've been the end of it for awhile.

@ThanosReXXX The way I see it, if I'm not crazy enough to be locked up, then I'm perfectly sane. It's everyone else that's some degree of crazy.

I realize now that I invoked the "T" word in my last comment....Surprised someone didn't show up in a puff of soot.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx ah, poor thing..that really stinks. While I'm sure drs have the best interest in mind, I question the decisions they make at time. We had similar situations with my dad when he had his double( or triple?) Bypass surgery. No one was giving us answers, and when they did, it was conflicting.

Needless to say we were all frustrated. Thankfully we spoke to a dr who had a plan and my dad pulled thru. So I feel for ya and your aunt. Its tough but it sounds(hopefully) like she's good.

NintendoByNature

Eel

I've found a great new use for the waffle maker I got last(?) month.

The pan is the perfect size for two regular slices of bread and, as we have established in our previous chaffle experiment, cheese doesn't stick to it at all... So...

1 slice of bread + some cheese + waffle maker = cheesy crunchy toast.

The bread gets crunchy at the thinner parts, while the thicker parts remain soft, so you can easily tear the squares apart. The cheese forms a crispy crust that covers your toast and adds flavor.

Will share any further developments.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Bread toasted with waffle maker sounds like making Panini.

Anti-Matter

Eel

It's kinda like that in terms of texture, I guess.

I wouldn't want to overstuff my waffle maker though, so I won't try to make it an actual sandwich.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 I'm beginning to suspect that you were that kid in school whom everybody saw as a bit weird and slightly scary at the same time...

me weird?
no way.
i bet not any single person on here would vouch for that...
just watch...
no one would ever say im weird...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Maxz

@Heavyarms55 Hasn’t been checking this thread so had no idea you weren’t in the old risey-sun-land anymore. Still, I’m glad you’ve arrived “back” safely. If a desert hundreds of miles from your hometown can be described as “back”. Anyway, glad you’re in one piece, wherever you are.

I must be quite a shock, being away for so long, and then arriving in a completely new place (which itself is probably very far from its normal state). I hope at least your family are able to reorient you somewhat (and not completely drive you up the wall).

It really sucks that your contract would expire with the world in its current state. Job hunting in Japan would obviously be a lot easier without such strict restrictions on travel and human contact in place. Were you on JET? I know some fifth years were given an emergency recontracting offer after it it became clear that their successors would be heavily delayed, but if they weren’t planning on replacing your position anyway, they might not have seen fit to make the same offer to you. It really sucks though. I hope you can get back at some point when the world is less in disarray (if such a time comes), and I hope I’m the meantime the memories give you something nice and warm to reflect on.

Not that ‘warm’ seems to be something you’re really missing in Arizona.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

BabyYoda71

What’d I miss? Not much news apparently. But nine pages of chit- chat. Oof. I read the first three pages with nothing to reply to, so I’m not going to do that.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

WoomyNNYes

@BabyYoshi12 your quote of them may have pinged them.

I discovered using the asterisk can make bold text. * bold *
Just delete the space between the asterisk and the word. bold text. Not much of a shortcut, but kinda.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

Anti-Matter wrote:

This is called weirdo
Untitled

I dub that a baldhawk. Though the only true term I've ever heard for that is a reverse mohawk. XD

@NintendoByNature Agreed that I think most doctors have the best interests of their patients in mind. The main reason we think she didn't need a few of the medicines she was on was due to the fact that, due to current circumstances, they only interviewed her a lot of the time (in her disoriented state) and might not have received the most accurate answers. My uncle had to sit outside in their vehicle most of the time. Next thing he knew a few hours later, they'd sent her home in an ambulance (the discharge) without 1. telling him, so they could've avoided an unnecessary ambulance bill and 2. at least keeping her overnight to evaluate her condition given her circumstances. He really had no idea how he could take care of her at their home without some help; she wasn't exactly the most mobile, plus while she's lost some weight she's still a bit...heavy. Thankfully she was readmitted.

But yep, she's back home again and doing better, and they're managing between some help from neighbors, a physical therapist, and a couple of nurses who are visiting.

Glad that everything worked out with your dad. Whether a double or triple bypass, that's still a serious situation!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

Its dangerous to go alone!
Take this.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea i hear that. Sometimes they leave you scratching your head. Feel bad your uncle was put thru that. Uncertainty is by far the worst part. Glad things are getting back to normal for you guys and people are helping out at least.

And thank you. My dad pulls thru most stuff. My mom consistently says he'll outlive all of us lol

NintendoByNature

klingki

Anti-Matter wrote:

This is called weirdo
Untitled

Can't believe no one's said the obvious choice: the nohawk.

klingki

1UP_MARIO

Your island looks really good đŸ‘đŸ» @Anti-Matter

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

BabyYoda71

If you’d like to see my island, DA-0896-5164-5697.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter That's right, the best islands have a boxing ring & gym.

Can you build ahalfpipe ramp in ACNH ? Does ACNH have bikes?đŸ€”

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic