Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 44,821 to 44,840 of 96,481

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Oh, don't get me wrong: I got the trouble with carbonated drinks alright, I'm just saying that where alcohol is concerned, there's very few carbonated drinks out there, safe for beer, bubbly wine, champagne and cider. Most other alcoholic beverages do not contain bubbles.

So, that's where my confusion about this comes from: how can something "fizz", if it isn't carbonated? That is also why I mentioned us perhaps each having a different understanding of the term fizzy. If you mean a strong taste or tang, or whatever you want to call it, then I think I got it.

Either way, I wouldn't hold it against anyone if they do or don't drink alcohol. As I mentioned earlier to @Zuljaras, each of us should enjoy whatever it is that we enjoy, and if alcohol isn't for you, for whatever reason, then that's perfectly fine.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@reporterdavid Luckily, the enjoyment of having and using a 3DS doesn't depend on there being an eShop or not. There's hundreds of cartridges that you can still buy for it, so the potential closure of the eShop isn't going to disadvantage you all that much.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

The 3DS eShop ending is still a dreary sign for Switch though. Digital works because with Playstation, Steam, MS Store, etc, you know your purchases are likely to carry forward and continue being available more or less indefinitely as long as the company is still running. Nintendo right now seems to be alone in treating this as 1995 where the platform is EOL and the digital store just vanishes. That's a monumental strike against digital content on a Nintendo platform and another "Nintendo doesn't get online" meme.

Though perhaps with Switch they will change that old mentality. Not least of which because I can't imagine the next console won't be backward compatible with Switch, and Nintendo always makes their hardware at least one generation backward compatible, even physically, (Wii to WiiU, DS to 3DS, GCN to Wii, GBA to DS, GB/GBC to GBA.) Switch was just an odd transformation from old architectures to ARM and physical incompatibility.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@ThanosReXXX Depends on the game. A lot of 3DS games are rising in price pretty dramatically as of late.

I doubt 3DS eshop support will end any time in the next decade in Nintendo's biggest markets, though. The fact that you can apparently still redownload your Wii Shop purchases is telling.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Vinny

Sometimes I wonder if there's high quality versions of PS1-era CGI cutscenes, or the companies just lost them on their old workstations? Or maybe they were originally rendered in 240p (probably not).

No relation to the first part of the post, what do you guys think about Brave Fencer Musashi?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

TheFrenchiestFry

I've been catching up on comics and reading Dune all summer in the downtime I've had in between prepping for uni

Nick Spencer saved Spider-Man HARD

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Anti-Matter
LOL
Finally i found the gameplay of My Universe: My Baby from Youtube. 😆
The game has been arrived in Indonesia, added with these gameplay video i think it was look decent enough as Imagine Babyz by Ubisoft. Will definitely on my shopping list for September 2020.
I wonder what kind of another series from My Universe series. 😏
I really want returning franchises of Petz and Imagine series on Nintendo Switch despite the games are being created and published by other game company.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

reporterdavid

@Ralizah @ThanosReXXX well lets wait to see whats going to happen.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

ThanosReXXX

@Ralizah That's why I said that it won't matter all that much. Obviously, there will always be the odd exception or two, but in general, being able to use or enjoy the 3DS definitely doesn't hinge on there being an eShop or not, since cartridges will always be available in some shape or form.

And any eShop specific services or games are only an added bonus on top of that.

@reporterdavid I'd say that sounds like a pretty decent plan. No need to worry about things that aren't happening yet.

Anti-Matter

About 3DS eshop games, i have Japanese 3DS XL and last time i saw from Japanese eshop, even there were some eshop games has been deleted like 3 years ago. Those games have retail as well but how long did they appeared on eshop, it was very surprising. There were some of 1 - 2 years old eshop games, after that they had been removed. Probably the games didn't sell well on eshop.

Anti-Matter

Dark_Magician

Okay, this is kinda off topic but since we're talking about 3DS, I want first party 3DS games on my switch so I can play them on my television.

Mancer_X

Anti-Matter

@Dark_Magician
But, it seems impossible to change Dual screen of 3DS to single screen on TV.
It will be Wii U situation.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Except it's actually not too difficult to redesign that part of most games .... There's probably more work in other aspects of porting 3DS games to Switch, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX "being able to use or enjoy the 3DS definitely doesn't hinge on there being an eShop or not, since cartridges will always be available in some shape or form."

That is why I have such a strong stance on the physical media. There are many indie games that were only released on the eShop and the same goes for the Switch but 100fold.

Thanks to LRG we can have some of that in physical form.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras And thanks to initiatives like boot9strap we will be able to load custom firmware and will still be able to also find and install all those officially disappeared/removed indie or eShop games, much like how it was done with Wiiware games for the Wii, which are also still ALL available for those that know where to look...

porto

Pink lemonade is better than regular lemonade. Facts.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

I should play my 3DS more often. There's quite a few 3DS games in my backlog that I'd like to (try to) beat, but the Switch has been my most played console these days - I keep coming back to it for a bit of New Horizons. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Ninfan

@WoomyNNYes was that what i think it was in your video at the sea? do you surf in them water's?

Ninfan

WoomyNNYes

@Ninfan at 19 seconds in, you can see one or two dolphins inside the wave, like they are body surfing, though they don't break the surface of the water.

I did go in that water, but it gets deep quick there... and.. well...sharks tend to lurk where it gets deeper. So, i stayed close to the beach, and only went into the water with other people. While it's rare people get bit, two weeks before I went to the this beach a teen got bit by hark. While they may not always be fatal, I prefer to play it safe and keep my limbs in tact. And if anyone thinks I'm over reacting, i know the statistics, and ! dont want to be that 1-3 people that get bit by sharks in the north North Carolina beaches every year. If the water was clear, I could at least see something coming, but that salvo NC water is not clear. You can't see see your own knees in the murky water.

This happened just a couple weeks before i went to salvo. Https://13newsnow.com/mobile/article/news/local/north-carolin...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic