Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 44,801 to 44,820 of 96,531

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I know ... I dunk many of them and I have not even tasted 30% of them but still the alcohol does not make my stomach feel good anymore even in small drinks

However sometimes I would love to taste some of the drinks I see in movies or games

porto

What game moment made you say “F this game” and you haven’t beaten it since?

Mine was one of Super Mario Sunshine’s secret stages. I forgot which one made me quit, but in general all of them were bad TBH

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Haha, I can honestly say that I've never gotten any ideas or got interested by drinks I saw in games, so that's a new one for me. Can't even remember the last game I've played that actually had a drink in it. Well, at least not one that wasn't a potion...

@BabyYoshi12 Erm... just out of curiosity: did I step on any toes here? I was just kidding, you know. And besides, I've seen you post comments that might actually indicate that you're a full-grown adult, so even though it was a joke, I kinda did honestly wonder.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@Apportal
"What game moment made you say “F this game” and you haven’t beaten it since?"

Kurikin : Nano Island Story NDS
The Final Boss was ridiculous hard (level 45) even i used high level bacterias (level 60+).
Unfortunately the Bacterias i used
were Alkali pH bacteria while the battle should use Acid pH bacteria. The opponent's colony were too many.
My Alkali Bacterias couldn't replicate themself quickly in Acid stadium.

Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers 3DS
Last month i was upset after my Dillon died during fight against Final form of Grock.
I wasted 30 minutes of very tough battle against Grocks.
I was running out of medicine too.
I stopped playing and refused to replay that level again even just 20 - 30 minutes.
I might play again once my mood is ready to play that game again.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX

1. StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty - Jim Raynor drinks waaaay too much whiskey in the bar and in the cantina.
2. WarCraft emphasizes on the dwarven ale from time to time and it looks delicious.
3. Not really an alcohol but damn I want to drink Nuka Cola from the Fallout series!

Heavyarms55

@DenDen My contract is up, and although my coworkers want me to stay, to the people, roughly 4 or 5 levels up the food chain, I'm just a number on a piece of paper and my contact was for 5 years with no renewal.

To be fair, the idea is that, after 5 years, a foreign teacher of English has assimilated enough, and grown out of touch enough, with his or her own native culture, that the key benefit of having a foreigner in the classroom is lost. Fact is, I can't despite that. But that doesn't mean I'm happy with leaving...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

BabyYoda71

@Apportal When I jumped through the Bob-omb Battlefield painting in Super Mario 64 DS. Not sure what happened, but I quit shortly after.

Also getting to Buoy Base Galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy. I was confused and didn’t know what to do, so I planned on coming back to it, but I’ve been holding off do to certain rumours.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

reporterdavid

Good evening, question about the 3DS Eshop... it stops at the 31st of July but does anyone know if it counts for Europe (Holland) as well?

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

reporterdavid

The 3DS and WiiU eshop....

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

ThanosReXXX

@Apportal Pretty good and arguably fun question. The answer for me personally, would be a list too long to mention, which varies from simply not being good enough at a game to overcome a certain level or end boss, no matter how hard I try or how many times I played, to complete rage quitting and throwing (and subsequently damaging/destroying) controllers back in my younger days. So, there's just too many titles, and my memory is a bit foggy as to what I did with what game. All I remember is that I broke the most controllers on the N64.

I'll leave the mentioning of specific titles to the other Chit-Chatters...

@Zuljaras Aha. Well, even though I have played some of those games, it has been quite a while, as in back in the days of Windows 98, so it figures that I either wouldn't know or have forgotten. I was thinking about games that I myself played much more recently, and even now, forcing myself to think back, I can't come up with any valid example of "booz in a game"...

@BabyYoshi12 Ah, okay. I meant toes stepped on in relation to your supposed age/state of being. Either way, I'm afraid we're back at square one then, because equating all alcohol to some kind of fizzy drink still makes no sense. Safe for a type called Lambrusco, wine does not fizz, nor do any of the stronger spirits or liqueurs.

Unless my understanding of "fizz" and what you mean by it differs drastically...
(for clarity's sake: I interpret it as a carbonated drink)

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

WoomyNNYes

@Apportal Megaton Rainfall controls made me say F this. They really irked me. Deleted the game. Not saying it's terrible, but but for me, i struggled to adapt.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

reporterdavid

@Eel I heard 42 country's.... https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&am...

Anguilla, Antigua/Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent/Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, US Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela.
Mexico and Brazil are unaffected due to the fact that full eShops are available in these countries.

Edited on by reporterdavid

reporterdavid

I knew that, I just wondered if it was for Europe as well. But it isn't ... yet...

reporterdavid

I know. But I had plans to buy a secondhand 3DS these days, thats why.

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX Well, carbonated drinks make up the majority of fizzy drinks imo, but anything that fizzes up your mouth also is. I don’t know, it’s hard to explain, but it’s a feeling.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic