Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,681 to 39,700 of 96,570

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee I don't recall most details from nearly half the dreams I have, if I even recall them at all. I think some of it is because I have a very creative mind in the right situations. Sleeping is a good playground for that creativity as it's less inhibited by other thoughts and distractions. I've never mastered lucid dreaming though.

I've thought of investing in a snowblower, but it would only collect dust most of the time. Shoveling is at least good exercise, and I learned long ago to use my legs and not just my back.

@NintendoByNature The latest snow I can recall in my own existence happened in April one year; I think it was even around Easter. Even then it wasn't deep enough to cause too many problems outside of the normal "take things a little slow" conditions. I was a kid and didn't have to worry about driving yet.

@Woomy_NNYes I could kind of already tell with how clingy that snow was to the trees and to my chain link fence that it was gonna be a pain. I got up extremely early to shovel it; it took me about an hour and a half, and I was late to work (My manager is an understanding person and was totally fine about it when I texted him). Heck, I didn't even shovel my full driveway; I just cleared enough of a path for my car to make it to the road.

I live right along a busy road, so digging out is a bit of a double-edged sword. On one hand you know the main road has been plowed and treated. On the other, some of that plowed snow, thanks to snowplow physics, ends up back in my driveway and makes the final push pretty exhausting.

@ThanosReXXX Funny that you mention tension, another DQ mechanic. XD It's telling how involved I am with a game when the most random things remind me of it.

On a serious note: at any rate, you know you've tried your best, whatever the results. Tension like you mentioned can be a good thing, it's only when it becomes chronic stress that it becomes a problem. Stress in the right situations isn't bad IMO as long as it isn't a life constant.

I know by this point you've taken the exam, so I reiterate the hope that you passed! At least the actual test part is over.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Sometimes i still remember my dreams and my dreams mostly like very Surreal movies with a lot of nonsense things. This one of my dream i still remembered. Wanna hear my story ?

I was in submarine with other peoples to search for legendary creatures under the sea. Then, there was something blocking on the radar. I saw a mud like Delta that suddenly turn into living mud and about to attack our submarine (i called it Hermit Mud). Then, we get rid the living mud with SNES style RPG Fight. We knew if the living mud weak against Fire so one of us cast Fire spell and the Hermit Mud defeated. Once we defeated the Hermit Mud, we continued our journey to find the creatures. We found an underwater cave and we went inside. Suddenly, our submarine got shaked and i lost my consciousness. When i woke up, suddenly i was in the water, could breath inside water too. Then there were two talking giant squids (Black and orange color) asked me why did i come to the cave. I explained about searching the legendary creatures. The two squids explained that i coukd find here. I was wondering their speech as i saw nothing inside the place i stand on. The two squids explained that there was a civilizations here but not visible by human eyes. Then, they snapped their tentacles and suddenly i saw a big city and other sea creatures living on the Utopia. The squids asked me whether which one i should choose to become people that can be trusted or the people who have more wisdom. Suddenly my dream was over as i woke up. šŸ˜…

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

I liked the Underwater Castle from Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. The one in the submarine.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx weve gotten may snow plenty of times unfortunately. It's to be expected though, up this way.

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

I dream regularly and remember them when I'm woken up by an alarm, which is at least 5 days a week usually. Most of the time they are just a garble of whatever I did the previous day, mixtures of real life and whatever games, books, movies, I did that day.

Every now and then though, I get nasty dreams. I've been out of university for almost 5 years now. But every now and then I get this dream where I signed up for a class and forgot it was on my schedule, never attended, and now I have to go take a final exam for it or I fail and wasted the money.

Also about 2 or so times a year I end up with "night terrors" which I cannot recall at all, but cause me to wake up screaming in terror. And I do mean terror. Even though I don't remember them, the sense animal fear is always there and it's usually quite hard to calm down.

I've also had a few dreams that were so realistic it took hours to realize they had been, in fact, just dreams. I once woke up totally convinced I had a very weak form of telekinesis. It didn't feel like a dream but a memory, that I'd always had it and it was just barely enough to move a pencil or a light switch but I could. I felt stupid once it wore off. Also had one dream where I was madly in love with a woman, we were going steady and even planning marriage and waking up it felt like I was ripped from another world where that really happened. That was a depressing one (knowing I'll never actually be that lucky).

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter That actually sounds like a really cool dream! Very cinematic, and very RPG-ish. It sounds like you found a sea creature version of Atlantis. Or a place where sea creatures and humans lived in harmony. It kind of reminds me of how Atlantis is portrayed in DC Comics. That'd be cool if Aquaman had worked his way into your dream.

@NintendoByNature We get some subtropical weather here. I'm not sure how much lake effect snow you get on that side of Lake Michigan, but I know that causes a bit of an effect up there too. Though I think everyone in this state experiences all four seasons in a week or less sometimes....

@Heavyarms55 Most of my school dreams involve me going back to high school to retake some random class. Which is absurd once my reasoning comes back to me; I was an excellent student and, if I wasn't doing too well in a class, I'd put in the extra work towards the grade if needed. I don't think I've had any dreams that deal with college to my recollection.

I've had terrifying dreams, one of which is still quite imprinted into my memory (stupid as it is in hindsight), but I don't believe I've ever experienced night terrors outside of early childhood, and I don't think (I'll have to check with the parentals) that any of them were too bad. There was a period of time around age eight where I would sleepwalk randomly. I did some pretty crazy yet harmless things; my parents even got me on film at one point. I was walking in circles in the living room nodding and answering questions. Very weird. I looked like a zombie.

I've had a couple of uncomfortably realistic dreams, but nothing to the extent of that last paragraph with a significant other. Dang, that kind of reminds me of a Justice League (or JLU) episode where Superman essentially had a family on Krypton, essentially everything he wanted...but it was all a cruel illusion.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

HobbitGamer

For those with Netflix that also remember ā€˜Are You Afraid Of The Darkā€™; check out the show ā€˜Creeped Outā€™. Same idea, 24-28 minute spooky stories that are lighthearted yet creepy. Just watched the first 3 of 23 episodes, so neat.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Oh speaking of high school related dreams, one I've had more than once involves me going back to high school post-university, for some reason. In the dream it makes perfect sense, like, of course you go back to high school after you move back home from uni. In the dream nothing is out of the norm. Then I wake up confused. Never even sure if it's meant to be a nightmare or not.

And I remember that Justice League episode. It was really sad. JL and JLU were such great shows. I really enjoyed the old DC animated universe. I wanted to revisit it, but unless I want to spend a lot of money on DVDs, I don't know where I can watch it legally.

Eel

I only seem to have really bad nightmares when Iā€™m about to get very sick. Like, the night immediately before the symptoms start. Itā€™s happened only twice in all my life, but both times I got very sick the following day.

The most memorable one was three in a row during the same night, all three made me wake up all scared and/or sad.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sisilly_G

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Every now and then though, I get nasty dreams. I've been out of university for almost 5 years now. But every now and then I get this dream where I signed up for a class and forgot it was on my schedule, never attended, and now I have to go take a final exam for it or I fail and wasted the money.

I've had those as well. I had a dream I was doing my Masters degree (I'm not enrolled in a Masters, and don't plan on doing so any time soon) and I was at the end of the semester, and I realised that I hadn't been working on any of my assignments or reviewing the lecture material, and I was panicking that I had major assignments/exams piling up that I hadn't started working on or studying for. It was awful...

And then there are those awful dreams where I end up procuring something really cool and rare that doesn't actually exist.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 I suppose that would depend on how much you liked high school. XD I wasn't a big fan of mine; I was usually bored and didn't share a lot of interests with many of my fellow students; two of many drawbacks of a smaller school. I much preferred college; at least I had quite a bit of academic freedom after I got some of the mandatory pre-reqs out of the way.

I'm trying to recall what that thing was that was used on Superman in that episode...The Black Mercy, maybe? That was definitely a sad one for sure; in a sense, Krypton was destroyed all over again. This time, the poor guy had to watch the fallout. I absolutely love the DCAU and would like to add the entirety of every show, even The Zeta Project, to my physical movie library, but...yep, it's all pretty expensive. The DCAU is still my favorite adaptation of anything DC to date.

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I wasn't fond of my high school either, but I didn't hate it like I did JHS. I was in JROTC and I did rather well in the class, when I graduated I was number 2 in the program and offered the full ride scholarship program - while I'm proud I was offered it I'm really glad I did not take it. I would not want to be in the military, especially now, with the benefit of hindsight. There's choices I would change about my past, but that's not one of them!

Going back to JHS, now that would be a nightmare! I was regularly bullied and had only a couple good friends.

I remember the episode, but not too many of the details. It's been a long time since I saw it. Part of why I'd like to revisit it would be to see if it lives up to my fond memories. I suspect it would, since more recently I have seen several clips of it on YouTube. I went on kind of a binge for a few months last year.

HobbitGamer

My worst spate of Dreams was years ago at Blockbuster, when the local server went down for weeks and all transactions were done by hand. I would wake up sitting in bed, going through air motions of writing receipts and unlocking cases. One time I woke up and had a stack of my own DVDs on the bed in front of me. I kept them on a shelf in another room at the time. Dark times.

#MudStrongs

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx tell me about It. I just checked the radar and it says it's dropping to 25 a few days this week šŸ˜£.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NEStalgia - Incredible. Blue Maple protocol initiated. Seed stratification commenced. Approximately seven to 10 days until phase two.

@HobbitGamer - Ooh, ears perked, thanks for the heads up. Loved that show, and my brother had a first person AYAOTD point and click game on the ole dark green Acer pc. It was actually kind of scary. Thatā€™s true nightmare you were having and living in the Blockbuster but no server days. The worst dreams are about work.

@Woomy_NNYes - Yeah, I killed a lot of plants in my day, but I was gifted a bunch of succulents a few years ago, and they helped me find my green thumb because theyā€™re so forgiving. Iā€™ve been trying for a while to have a little indoor tree garden of native hardwoods, but I canā€™t get anything to survive the transplant process from outdoors to indoors. The trees Iā€™m selecting donā€™t qualify as true bonsai trees, and Iā€™m starting to understand the reasoning now. I should have better luck with the maple and pine seeds. If I live long enough, and with a little luck, maybe a couple of them will survive to become mature bonsai.

@Tyranexx - The stories our brains weave while relaxing and bobbing along unencumbered in the lazy river of sleep are insane. A lot of them are just straight troll jobs too. I have one a few times a year thatā€™s such a mean troll, my brain would get banned if it did it on the internet instead of just in my... mind, I guess. I often wonder how they could be my actual thoughts just banging around in there like extra, unused thoughts I forgot to think that day.

@Heavyarms55 - I have some bad news. I had that same ā€œoh crap, I forgot about that class ALL semesterā€ dream all through college, and off and on for the last 17 years. I donā€™t think it ends.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee Well then... Guess I best get used to it!

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - Yep, itā€™s a gross one. Pure anxiety, and it sticks with me for a few hours after I wake up. Like, Iā€™ll be drinking coffee and suddenly wonder for a split second what Iā€™m going to do about that dang class. I was off by a year too. Itā€™s 18 years. So plan on that at least.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee Lovely. Still, at least the worse version of the dream has never returned since I finished. The last semester I was in uni, I had reoccuring nightmares of failing because I was in a situation where, if I failed to graduate that semester, I would not have any more money to finish, but I also would have no degree making the entire experience and all the debt, pointless. In the dreams, that happened, I ended up with all the student debt, but working alongside high school dropouts mocking me for wasting my time...

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - Oof, thatā€™s a tough one. Itā€™s as if your brain really put in some effort to strike to spin one of the timeless fears in failure. The anxiety in the final year of a program is probably widely relatable. I had a super senior fifth year for undergrad because I switched programs mid stream, and my only concern was getting out of there with a degree.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 My main problem in HS was boredom, plus most of my small friend group was older. My senior year was kind of lonely in some respects. There also weren't a lot of classes offered there that I was very interested in. There wasn't much of a technology program at the time. Congrats on the achievement in JROTC - I've heard of the program, but we didn't have it - but like you I probably wouldn't have taken it either. I'm not cut out for the military. Too much stubbornness, plus I love my sleep.

Your JHS experience sounds similar to mine, though the most severe stuff happened to me in fifth and six grade. HS had its own issues to be sure, but overall it wasn't as bad.

There are some decent clips out on YT of various DCAU highlights. I'll have to see if I can find clips of that episode. Those uploads tend to come and go.

@HobbitGamer Weeks? Good grief, I'm surprised management didn't have a seizure. Not sure how long that'd fly in the present.

@NintendoByNature We're getting some of that too, though it'll be above freezing for most of that period...ignoring wind chill. Looks like there's now a chance of snow Wednesday. Not a lot of accumulation, but it's supposedly gonna be blown around a lot. :/

@bimmy-lee Yep, it's definitely interesting how the brain can take a jumbled mess of thoughts and experiences and regurgitate them into something weird and (at times) wonderful. I can relate on the random thoughts; I've read most get these weird thoughts that pop up at the strangest moments. We typically don't notice them or pay them very little mind during the usual daily hullabaloo. There's way less mental structure during sleep I think.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic