Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,061 to 33,080 of 96,473

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer Wow, 10mph is a "calm" day here. There's pretty much always a breeze...though I remember that didn't used to be true. Summer storms with 40+ gusts is pretty much something that happens 3x a week minimum here. And full 30 hour stretches like that happens several times from Fall through Spring (it's REAL nasty with 50+ gusts for a full day after a fresh snow, it's just a white wash with roads recoated all day). You get used to seeing trees arched over as their "normal state" and roads littered with limbs perpetually. I think "50+" gets a warning here. Especially in winter you get used to that "roar" sound outside frequently. It's really disquieting even when you're used to it, but still....

@ThanosReXXX Always assume sarcasm from me. Always.

NEStalgia

Eel

But what if you said that sarcastically.

"Oh yes, OF 👏 COURSE 👏, just assume I'm always sarcastic."

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Yeah, it’s not really like that for the most part here. Pretty still air 80% of the time. I mean, our breezes of 6-10 will visit, but it’s quite calm and humid mostly. That’s how I can always tell a rain band or storm is coming, the trees all start swaying like an animal through tall grass.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

So I'm all happy and stuff readying my half cataloupe to eat it as dessert, and then I get the great idea of offering my dad a taste.

I ended up with half half a cantaloupe.

Bloop.

Heavyarms55

@StableInvadeel I used to catch my dad eating the entire chocolate cake right out of the pan in the middle of the night when I was a kid. I used to get up to get a drink of water, walk out into the kitchen at like 2am and my dad would be sitting there with the cake my mom had baked that day and he'd just have the whole thing in front of him. In hindsight, it's actually kind of amazing my father was never that overweight.

He also used to eat an entire family sized bag of potato chips while watching Sunday NFL games. But he stopped that when his doctor made it abundantly clear that the salt was basically killing him.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

My stomach bothered me today, so my dinner was an apple sliced with my paring knife while I read the paper.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

Huh, never heard of that one. My mother was dead set on warm, flat Coca-Cola for upset stomachs.

Eel

Oh wow that one sounds kinda like punishment. Haha.

I guess the Apple and cinnamon gives flavor and all that good stuff fruits have like fiber, while the water content keeps you hydrated. It’s also quite filling without being harsh on the stomach, and you can just eat slowly with a spoon.

Bloop.

Tyranexx

Hmm...Apple and cinnamon. I have an ample supply of both, so I'll likely try that next time I'm sick.

As for the stomach flu, Sprite or Ginger Ale were the beverages of choice.

I've put myself on a game buying embargo for this month, but I'm so close to caving for both Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime and Ghost Trick on Amazon....Ugh. #FirstWorldGamerProblems

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

I've lost all semblance of self control in that regard. I bought Astral Chain on Friday purely out of impulse, and I ordered Spyro last night on Amazon cause it was cheap as heck. They are added to the growing pile of games I haven't played yet. lol

Eel

How's spyro on switch? I recently started it on xbox, so I don't think I'll be getting it on switch but the screenshots look nice.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Heavyarms55

I haven't started it yet. I ordered it last night and it's due to arrive sometime today. Might already be in my mailbox, but I'm BSing at work and right now so I don't know.

Heavyarms55

I'm just sitting here trying not to laugh at my coworkers who are almost as frightened as little kids. There is an extremely mild thunderstorm going on right now. But this part of Japan like never gets thunder and lightning. Compared to the storms I was used in in Michigan growing up this is absolutely nothing. But they are really scared.

But like, guys, a rumble every 3-5 minutes and some rain is really not a big deal.

Anti-Matter

Um, guys...
I found funny billboard at my place this evening.
Just take a look. 🤣🤣🤣
Untitled
I will translate those Indonesian words.

BOZEN on that picture was a slang of BOSAN in Indonesian language. Bosan = Bored in English.

BORED
to drive alone in traffic jam ?

Call GrabCar
Just relax, you'll be arrived !

#NgeGrabAja

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia With such a non-answer, you should definitely consider a career in politics...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 Err, coca cola is pretty much a bottle of acid. Great for de-greasing engines and de-thatching lawns. That's pure torture.

@Heavyarms55 LOL, I'm not even from the midwest but I get those same storms. That's funny, I'd think Japan, given the geography, would have tons of storms. That they're so unused to it is hilarious. For me, the trees bend sideways, I see the arc horizontal over my head in pure purple flashes, the ground jumps half an inch, and I just plug my ears and keep grilling.... It's just another Monday.

@ThanosReXXX Well, let me just say this about that.....

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic