Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,081 to 33,100 of 96,490

Eel

Well they did used to sell Coca Cola as a medicine back in the old days.

@Anti-Matter Her powers include making things boring by just being around and putting people to sleep with her singing outbursts.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zuljaras

@StableInvadeel So the apples are whole or slices? And the cinnamon goes in the water while boiling the apple?
Also any time of being boiled or until being soft?
I am sorry for the many questions but I really want to try that for upset stomach!

Eel

@Zuljaras the Apple would be whole, and yes the cinnamon would be there for the whole process, until the Apple is soft. Serve in a bowl so you can include some of the liquid.

I guess if you core or slice the Apple it could be cooked faster. Though I’ve never tried slicing it.

Also... See how my iPad capitalizes “Apple” for me.... How nice of it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

@Zuljaras yw! It’s honestly nice to see interest in something so nostalgic to me.

As for impulse buys, I preordered an accessory for the switch lite, Hori’s bundle that comes with a rigid whole unit armor and a screen protector... Though I’m not sure if the armor is such a good idea, these tend to be flimsy, but there’s not much information to go about.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

I'm probably gonna cave tonight or tomorrow with those impulse purchases. Maybe the Nintendo Direct and Raid Hour in PoGo this evening will take my mind off of it. I could also use the excuse that my cake day occurs this month....

@Heavyarms55 I'd be curious to see how your coworkers would fare in a volatile Midwestern summer. We've had some nasty storms this year in my neck of the woods. One night last month was particularly bad. A lot of wind damage, ample thunder and lightning, and a funnel cloud sighting over a nearby town (No touchdown thankfully).

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

I'm tellin ya, deep southeast is where it's at. No quakes, no wildfires, no snow storms, no tornado season. Hurricanes are a thing, but typically far enough away. Just heat and humidity. And mosquitoes. Oh, and fire ants. And swamps...gators...wasps....ok nevermind.

Still no real storms yet, supposed to kick off an hour before the direct. Hold it together, Georgia Power!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer You forgot to mention quicksand and sinkholes...
(come to think of it, probably rattlers and some other predatory wildlife as well)

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

LuigibrineTheGreat

@Tyranexx I know how it feels. In July, a tornado missed my city by about 3 miles! The clouds outside my house were practically RED AND ORANGE. A small town NE of me also got hit by 100mph winds. They called it wind but my mom thought it was another tornado as we went through that town to get to our campsite. There were basically almost whole trees in the road after 2 days.

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Oh, and bobcats. And Brown Recluse. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s mirelurks somewhere.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@StableInvadeel Back then it actually had cocaine in it. It certainly was medicine back in those days....

@Tyranexx Yeah our weather here seems to have become an extension of the midwest really. Which as awful because I hate midwest weather. Here we get the nasty nasty culture, nosebleed high prices, and now harsh, volatile weather! @Heavyarms55 how would your Japanese coworkers fare when all the phones go off with tornado warnings, seek shelter immediately, blah blah blah (where I just ignore and keep grilling yet again...)? If you would actually pay attention to the warnings you'd spend 5 months of the year in a bunker and business would never even function, everyone would be scrambling all the time.

@HobbitGamer Swamps I can deal with. Gators, not so much. We get the wasps here too so no biggs. I was really sold with no snow, no tornado season. We didn't USED to have a tornado season but now we do. AND we get the hurricanes anyway, but not as often. I can't put into words how much I absolutely and utterly disdain snow. As far as I'm concerned from November through mid-March I'm basically dead, but twice as miserable. Life begins March 20th. Ends Nov 1. It's just an enduring misery without end to the suffering for month after month. The rest is a survival experience you suffer through year after year after year .

Not a fan of more frequent hurricanes....but hurricane vs. blizzard...is it even that much different? The rest, I'm sold.

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

Last evening i saw a very funny billboard near of Surabaya Zoo.
But i guess nobody noticed if i have posted it on page 1734.

Anti-Matter

TOUGHDUDE94

do not worry the storm was not bad in FL everyone paniced for rain and a windy day it was not TS force our daily thunderstorms are worse than this

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

SheldonRandoms

I was supposed to go fishing today, but (my) rain (dance) caused that trip to not happen, which means I can rev up the Nintendo Direct after all, what are the odds.

Also, I was supposed to get my wisdom tooth removed and get sedated in the process a month ago, but that just never happened.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

HobbitGamer

@andrew20 Well the storm is closer to the Georgia coast than it was in Florida now. I think the most dangerous issue in Georgia will be Savannah. River street is only 2 feet above water, and high tide ended 4 hours ago. Flooding will be the concern there.

Glad you’re good!

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

I'll be watching the Direct live but won't be able to react in topics/articles until later this evening. Gotta head out right after it finishes up.

Hoping for some surprises!

@Andrew_R_2000 Sounds like straight-line winds. They can also be devastating. I do know of a case where the National Weather Service's ruling of winds, not a tornado could be disputed. They didn't explain how a trampoline ended up in one direction while a lot of other things were blown in the other direction.

I've never seen one in person, but they are...I wouldn't say common, maybe infrequent. Not as bad as some of the States on the Great Plains at least.

@NEStalgia The nosebleed-high prices might come from my particular state in the US. Many things are taxed more here compared to others.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer And while we're at it: Bigfoot, banshees and direwolfs...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic