Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 30,681 to 30,700 of 44,776

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia And you're telling me that you NEVER, not ever during the ENTIRE duration of your childhood did something bad/mischievous or did something that your parents expressly forbid you to do? Not even when they weren't looking or weren't present, such as in school, or in summer camp? (to add to that: possibly goaded/cheered on by friends/classmates or whatever)

And no kid is a natural born cynic. There's actually no such thing. All kids are born innocent, contrary to a certain popular belief, and without fail, ALL kids are happy-go-lucky for at least the first couple of periods in their lives.

Oh, and my parents were strict as well, but they still allowed me to make mistakes, even though I did get grounded for some of them. But that too, is only part of natural kid behavior. Ask any parent: it all starts when kids go through that particular "testing out the parents" phase, as soon as they've discovered the magical word "no"...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Oh certainly not never, there's no such thing as never, but nothing that anyone else would considering of any significance. For me, something entirely minor like jumping on a bed was like "OMG I'm a crime lord now, that's it I'm going to prison!"

Oh I was probably happy go lucky until 5 or so. Only cynicism since then, though I never really learned the "no" part as a kid. Nor would I really want to have, nor would I regret that now. Now of course for the rest of society it's more of a giant middle finger now than a "no" but that was then and this is now.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia The "no" phase is usually around age two or three, so points for you, if you'd actually still be able to clearly remember your life back then. I certainly don't. Only quick flashes of fading memories...

But man, were you ever a goodie-two-shoes...
And here I thought I was a relatively good-behaved kid, especially compared to my friends and my cousin, that I used to hang out with and partake in all kinds of mischief with...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

My son is 1.5 years old and his new thing is saying " Oh Yea!" To everything. If he wants a sucker, it's " Oh yea!" , if hes crying and he wants to take a nap, it's " Oh yea!" And pointing upstairs. Its really funny how 2 words indicate what he needs and what's even funnier, I know what he's saying haha. But on the mischievous front, he's bad! Like always getting into something bad ūüėā

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Better enjoy it while you can, chapter two is all about the word "no"...

Funny thing: while reading your comment, and seeing you explain how all your son needed was these two words to basically form an entire range of emotions and meanings, the first thing that popped into my head was "I am Groot"...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX haha I've been on the receiving end of the no phase with my daughter. And yea i never thought of it . My son IS GROOT

NintendoByNature

Eel

Sigh. I randomly decided I should probably download all my digital games to my 3DS, and I honestly underestimated just how many I had.

Funny part is most of them are mediocre games I got for free to review.

I may need to reorganize my folder system. And maybe even order them alphabetically or something.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - He could be Groot, you make a convincing case, but he could also be Randy Savage. Either way, he’s gonna be awesome.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee he's a little hard @$$ for his age so let's go with the maccccccho man Randy savage..i like that rather much. Fun fact: I went to the same high school as macho man

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Wow, that’s really cool. Easily the best HS alumni I’ve heard. He was a great athlete. Played college baseball, and I think he got drafted because Randy Poffo baseball cards exist.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature see what happens when you give him a slim Jim.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Macho man ??

Edited on by Anti-Matter

I played ACNL / ACNH for Villagers Hunting.
I will kick some butts the unwanted villagers from my island.
My island is only for Top 10 villagers.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

What did I just watch. Why do I subject myself to these things.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

I was just thinking it had been a while since I listened to Wookie Wookie, which is shockingly void of Chewbacca somehow. That’s easily my favorite song about macho men in the kitchen.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
There is a local Game Aracde at my place (Fun World at Marvell City Surabaya) still have Dance Dance Revolution X Arcade since 7 years ago (2011).
I still able to play Wookie Wookie - Machoman on DDR X arcade from DDR SUPERNOVA folder, well on Expert difficulty. ūüėČ

I played ACNL / ACNH for Villagers Hunting.
I will kick some butts the unwanted villagers from my island.
My island is only for Top 10 villagers.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - Is Wookie Wookie a pop song in Indonesia? I may have recognized one of the ladies in that video.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Ninfan wrote:

@Anti-Matter what is nintendo direct

This one's going into the comment hall of fame

Maybe a new thread will be started to get clarification on the matter. Wonder if it'll make it past 10 minutes of being posted

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature wrote:

@ThanosReXXX haha I've been on the receiving end of the no phase with my daughter.

@NintendoByNature Well, then at least you'll kinda know what you're in for, the second time around...

Morpheel wrote:

Sigh. I randomly decided I should probably download all my digital games to my 3DS, and I honestly underestimated just how many I had.

Funny part is most of them are mediocre games I got for free to review.

#firstworldproblems

HobbitGamer wrote:

What did I just watch. Why do I subject myself to these things.

I keep warning people to not let him out of his cage, but no: he's special, he's a nice guy, just let him be himself, and all that...

@ReaderRagfish I kinda figured it was a Jeopardy question...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic