Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 23,701 to 23,720 of 96,530

Eel

Talking about those funny toy story toys, have you guys tried to google translate the smash website from korean to english?

Incineroar's name is... Interesting...

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AxeltheBuizel

@Yosheel I've done that before. One of my favourites is translating the Japanese name for Inkling. It becomes Ink Ring! So close and yet so far...

AxeltheBuizel

Tyranexx

Day 3 of no sun sightings. It's hanging out behind the clouds. I don't blame it. I'd love to stay under a blanket in this weather, too.

@NEStalgia: I'd admittedly at least try that game out. 😝

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx It'll come out Thursday, with two lines criss-crossing it.
All will know the Smash.
All will love the Smash.
All will fear the Smash.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@Yosheel Korean? Why is the Smash website in Hangul? I can't even find any hits if I google for that other than a Smashboards thread....in English..... Does Korea even Smash, bro?

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Yeah, but if you’re knocked off one particular side of the country you don’t respawn.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Banjo-

Hey guys, rumour has it that Crash Team Racing remake will be revealed at the Games Awards. It's not Diddy Kong Racing remake but it has a big fanbase too.

Banjo-

Vinny

My portable HDD has just arrived.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ogo79

Link-Hero wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

i wonder what beverage is inside

Probably milk or coconut.

probably...

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

This genuinely made me laugh.
I would so 100% buy that if i saw it.

i had a feeling youd get a kick out of that. its spider bat. coming to netflix soon

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

NEStalgia

@ogo79 Amazon Video. Spider Bat definitely feels more Amazon Video.

NEStalgia

SheldonRandoms

Amazon better ship out my copy of Smash early into my mailbox just so I can get messages from people saying "HOW DID YOU GET THE GAME EARLY!?!" and my response will be "Have an uncle who works at Nintendo".

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

GeoChrome

@Yosheel Everything is translated word for word by a computer. Microsoft has better results.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Vinny

sans undertale has a brother called sheldon bazinga

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

GeoChrome

You’re forgetting the best snas undertale sibling, Cory Baxter.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

ogo79

@NEStalgia
i agree

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

LuigibrineTheGreat

3 days to go to SMASH: I now have a massive crush on Mythra.

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Because you like 'em so much, I've got another slogan for 'ya, to be put on the package of the Buzz Lightyear pocket rocket:
"I'll take you to infinity and beyond, all you have to do is thrust me"...

Batteries not included...

To make it up to you, and since you seem to like Asian to English translations so much, I would like to invite you to visit www.engrish.com, which gets new content almost every day. It's basically holiday-goers posting their pictures of all kinds of hilariously bad translated text on signs, menu cards and products in shops/warehouses. When I still worked in an office, I used to check it out a couple of times a week, to lighten my mood on the more heavier days, or just to have a laugh.

Here's one of the latest examples:
Untitled

@ogo79 As to what drink is inside the Buzz Lightyear cup: I was actually betting on someone saying milkshake, so I've no idea what @HobbitGamer was thinking...

Those turtle things are actually worse, though, in my opinion. Please don't tell me those are actual kids toys...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

AxeltheBuizel

My pick for 90s racing game to get remade would be Lego Racers. That game was my childhood and being able to build your own custom kart brick by brick is amazing.

AxeltheBuizel

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic