Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 22,321 to 22,340 of 96,625

Octane

@Tyranexx @NEStalgia As someone who has only played Color Splash in the PM franchise, I can say that Color Splash is a very flawed game on its own. The battle system is slow, clunky, and just a waste of time for the reasons @NEStalgia already said. It pretends to be a card game, but it's no more than a glorified move select screen, with your basic jump and hammer attacks. It doesn't get much deeper than that; Don't jump on the spiked enemies, and don't use your hammer on the flying enemies. A little more of the rock-paper-scissors system that is found in games like Pokemon would've been welcome. Speaking of rock-paper-scissors, the Roshambo temples (if I remember the name correctly) are absolutely awful. Three rounds of pure RNG, and there's eight of them. Where's the fun in that? No strategy, reloading takes ages, and you only have a 12.5% chance of winning the tournament. I have no idea who thought that was a good idea.

The biggest flaw, by far, is the Bandit Shy Guy. It's the reason I quit playing. The game is called Color Splash, you're tasked to bring back colour to all the levels. All fine with me, but don't introduce enemies that can undo all your progress, especially when painting the levels involved hammering every little white pebble on an almost-white beach to find that last 1% pebble that was the actual white/colourless pebble, and not some off-white colour pebble that isn't meant to be painted. Anyway, it just sucks seeing the Bandit Shy Guy spawn somewhere where it's impossible to reach him within the given time. All your progress, sometimes up to two hours of tedious searching for the last uncoloured item in the level, gone.

The game does a lot of weird things, often in cumbersome ways too. RNG battles aren't fun, but at least you can beat those with enough patience. But undoing your progress? I'm not sure who approved that idea, but that isn't fun game design.

Octane

SheldonRandoms

@ReaderRagfish YEEah after Flipnote Hatena closed down, most flipnote creators went their separate ways, thinking we would all reunite on Flipnote Studio 3d, however, dat never came to be. Remember adding some other well known flipnote creators to my 3ds friend code, however, now they are lost since my 3ds became busted and Nintendo sent it back with my friends list wiped clean (FRED WAS ONE OF THEM AND HE VISTED MY TOWN IN NEW LEAF DAT ONE TIME).

If I could go back and start over on hatena with improved skillz, probably wouldn't since I need those older works of mine to make my current ones look better ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Also, dat is why I don't use sudomemo dat much, usually post once every full moon due to the creative sparks not revving up as they used to (also because other stuff & thangs).

Also, YEE, THESE ROO can be considered a celebrity, I mean, oddly enough, Sheldon & Mr. Randoms has an IMBD page (with the budget being 50,000 bucks oddly enough). It's always SWELL x2 dat people still remember my flipnotes many years later, which can rev up FEELS sorta I guess and comments and responses such as this one. It's things like this which makes me someday want to bring back Sheldon & Mr. Randoms in a bigger way somehow, but I don't know to do something like that.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

HobbitGamer

I didn't bring the Switch to the office today since I had a ton of junk to do. Now I've finished everything and have 2 hours till i'm out... Good thing I brought the 2DS as backup! Mwahahaha, Pokemon TCG time.

I'm also been listening to Katamari music for a good 4 hours.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Haruki_NLI

Night shifts start on Sunday. 3pm to midnight then 9pm to 6am on Monday, Tuesday and Saturday

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Vinny

Beat Another Code R - A Journey into Lost Memories (2009) last night, and it was a great time.
Amazing adventure title for the Wii, overall I liked it much more than the original DS title. Great cell shaded/handpainted graphics and some very creative puzzles. Kinda hard to say goodbye to it... and it's been almost 10 years since Cing has gone bankrupt...

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HobbitGamer

Makes it look like a safari wanna be. I don’t like the tab management at all. Kinda takes away one-handed browsing.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Fooligan

One handed browsing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I know what this guy is doing.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

HobbitGamer

Using my other hand to build a diabolical machine?...yes

#MudStrongs

AlexSora89

@HobbitGamer
Define "diabolical machine". What you said didn't directly debunk the shenanigans @Fooligan theorised. Alas...

Untitled

I don't quite have lots o' loot, because I'm from the Boot.

https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/AlexSora89
(Currently seeking Stars.)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6287-1558 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexSora89

Eel

Obviously one hand stays on the keyboard.

Have you ever tried to use a mouse with both hands?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

Lol I hate all of you
Also, I grabbed Violet on sale for $1.

“I’d buy that fer a dollar”

EDIT: Got so much work done yesterday that I decided to bring Switch and 2DS to the office today. See ya later, productivity!

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Anti-Matter

Phew....!
I was sweating a lot after playing Dance Dance Revolution A Arcade at my local Game Center Mr Token.
I had very great experiences by playing DDR A.
Just now, i have unlocked Endymion (Until Challenge stepchart) & Ace of Aces (So far until Expert stepchart).
Oh, btw....
Something special, something very Unexpected.
Untitled
I got AAA grade from song AM-3P on Expert difficulty (Lv 11) on DDR A Arcade !!!
And i played that song with BLINDFOLD (with my towel), Backing the monitor Without Seeing any arrows AT ALL !
Woo Hoo...!!!

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

AlexSora89

@HobbitGamer
What can we do, we're a funny bunch.

I don't quite have lots o' loot, because I'm from the Boot.

https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/AlexSora89
(Currently seeking Stars.)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6287-1558 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexSora89

HobbitGamer

'Cause he's a maniac, a maniac on the floor.

#MudStrongs

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
I have been playing DDR for Almost 15 years.
And i still Active playing DDR when other peoples ignoring the existence of DDR machines.

Oh, i had MEMORIZED the Stepchart of AM-3P on Expert difficulty & listened to that song for more than Hundred times.
I had practiced a lot to Mastering my Perfection in score for Easy Expert songs.
Btw, that was my Coincidence i got AAA on AM-3P on Expert by playing with Blindfold.
I had NEVER got AAA score like that.
Usually i got A or B on Older DDR Machines due to Lack of Perfection on their Old machines, so i oftenly found some Mistakes on Older DDR Machines even i had stepped correctly 100%.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Just thinking of that is horrifying. Oooooh I did it again...
Thinking of going to El Rinconcito's for a quiet lunch to myself.

#MudStrongs

gcunit

^^That sounds like intimidation...

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ogo79

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@ogo79 I also need to stop putting off buying a Wii U.

lol everyones gonna tell you whats on wii u is on switch.
also
night slashers is coming to switch to show you all what a manly game is all about!

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Vinny

The 21st night of September! Woo!

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic