Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,621 to 96,640 of 97,236

Pastellioli

Went back to playing my rhythm game and now I finally was able to not only full combo a song, but got all perfects on the notes! The songs I was trying to play had tap registration issues and I did get annoyed, but I swapped to a more slower and less complicated song and the tapping worked so well there. Even though I did end up not having a good time at first, at least I was able to get one successful session in.

A random gamer that loves retro games, squirrels, and sleeping.

Currently playing: Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! (Mobile) and Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls (3DS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1834-9478-0593

Yousef-

@Pastellioli a perfect score is the dream. That’s when you can finally put the controller down and reflect on the song you just perfected.

How to reach me out: 👇👇👇👇
Discord: yousef. (All lowercase with fullstop at the end)
Bluesky: yousef7
Email: [email protected] (don’t worry, it’s my non-private email for chatter)
PSN: Kat170499
You can contact me just to say hi.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7391-1388-5607 | My Nintendo: Yousef

Pastellioli

@Yousef- Yeah, and it was on a song I really liked. I was pretty close to getting all perfect on the song for a while, but I always fell short of one or two perfects. I think maybe I should play easier songs for now so I can get back into it, and maybe the game will actually register my taps lol. It felt so satisfying being able to full combo a song finally after I wasted so much time on another song a few days ago.

Currently playing: Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! (Mobile) and Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls (3DS)

Tyranexx

@Yousef- Thanks! It was great other than some weather-related issues tossing many of our air travel plans into a blender the first day, but we did make it! There are at least worse airports to be stuck in for 7+ hours than our starting airport. My friend and I weren't expecting to be bounced towards the East Coast first.

Currently playing: Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@Pastellioli Interesting, looking into it more, I didn't know until you brought it up that Rare published the game as well. I always thought it was Nintendo given Rare actually was a second party developer. Also looking into it, Conker's Pocket Tales was also published by Rare and not Nintendo. Always thought it was Nintendo publishing.

Bet the multiplayer was fun, kinda wished I experienced it when I borrowed the game, but my brother didn't have Xbox Live until later on, after I borrowed the game from a friend. Yeah, I do believe stores are very strict with certain games. Most places I know will not sell "Adults Only" rated games, even though they sell Mature games. From the sounds of it, I'm guessing Microsoft may have been worried over the game being rated AO, which means no store would sell it.

It was ok, I did like the game. The unique thing about Conker's Pocket Tales is that while it's a dual pak game (works on Game Boy and GBC), it had two versions of the game. One version is the Game Boy Color version (color, has better graphics, etc), the other is the Black & White version. The thing is, while they are similar, they end up feeling like two different games. Plus, it's an interesting piece of history. Conker in his original form, before they made him into a mature game.

@Tyranexx Wow, the Narnia series never even came to mind with me. Yup, it was an official Universal event, actually saw it in an official news release from them too. Here's a local news story about it (going to tag @MarioVillager92 too). This is what the Trolls event I went to looked like. It was made to feel like you were part of the world of the movie. The thing they didn't show in this report was inside the bus (with the interactive video game) and the concert area.

Understandable, I tend to sleep ok. Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night, but usually fall back asleep. Will admit, I do feel a bit tired on some days when I wake up in the morning. That would be cool to see what they served on your vacation. Those places sound great, and a fresh ramen restaurant is awesome. I remember going to a fresh ramen place near where I use to live and it was really good ramen. BTW, it sounds like you and your friend had a great trip.

[Edited by Sunsy]

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Pastellioli

@Sunsy Although Rare did have close affiliations with Nintendo back in the 90s-early 00s, most of their IPs they published themselves (or with help from other companies, like THQ), and so they owned a lot of the game IPs themselves. The only N64 game I can think of where Nintendo was the publisher was Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, and I even recall hearing that Nintendo had some of the rights over that IP for a few years before Microsoft purchased Rare. Because I am a huge Rare fan, I read a lot of things and fun facts involving them and their games.

I never see AO-rated games anywhere (obviously because they have worse content in them than the other ratings) and I do think your reason is very plausible, cause I think they also could have gotten a lot of flak from some people had they released Live and Reloaded uncut and uncensored, though again, the only audience Bad Fur Day offended were parents, though I do not think Bad Fur Day's material is super "mature" or AO-worthy, in fact, some of the content can be seen as more tame when you compare it to more modern "mature" media that carry a similar tone to it, though I still wouldn't say Bad Fur Day is for younger audiences. When I read the development history for Bad Fur Day though, they said that they had to avoid showing something during this rather crass attack the main character does to avoid getting the game an AO rating. I can remember what it is, but I do not think I should mention it here because it's a bit inappropriate.

I might try Pocket Tales soon via emulation! Wouldn't mind trying it out. I do think that it is interesting, since that game was kiddy and showed the family-friendly direction that the games were originally supposed to go in before going all "mature." The reason why the games did go "mature" was that the original kid-friendly version of Bad Fur Day got mixed to negative impressions, mostly for being generic and having visuals and a tone that was too similar to Rare's other games, most notably Banjo-Kazooie, and the project was faced with the possibility of being canceled if they couldn't rejuvenate interest in it or did something to make the game more appealing and interesting to their audience, so they delayed the game by a few years and intentionally went radio silent on it to shock people with the reveal of the retooled version of the game. I have heard the development story on that game probably a million of times, but I never get tired of hearing it.

Pastellioli

Good morning or good night. How is everyone feeling today?

I'm fine, but I heard recently that they are going to raise the prices of Xbox Game Pass and are now going to lock games behind the more expensive subscriptions and give the cheaper option less games...it disappoints me a ton because I really saw value with the cheap subscription I had (as I don't have the money for the expensive tier or can buy a lot of individual games) and had canceled it before the news came out, and I had intended to get it back soon, but I guess not unfortunately. It also doesn't help because Nintendo Life's sister site Pure Xbox has this game club that I am apart of where Game Pass subscribers play a specific game a month, and several people alongside the person leading the club sound like they plan to unsubscribe and not renew once their sub runs out...I, unfortunately, think I'll leave the club when they eventually get onto Conker's Bad Fur Day (hopefully next month) since the new subscription prices are out of my budget, and I also can't buy the games from their voting list because of money as well. I love the Xbox console, but why is it that Microsoft just seems to make a bad move after a good move?

Yousef-

@Pastellioli good morning, friend.
Yes, I’ve long accepted GP was gonna perpetually change into what it is now. So I’ve canceled my subscription a while ago as I felt it was not a service for me any longer.

Pastellioli

@Yousef- It's a shame, because I was actually going to resubscribe soon to the standard Console subscription since that is where I found the most value in it, and I only cancelled the Console sub because I needed to save a bit more money. It sucks now that the new replacement and price hike just came out of nowhere and now I have to use a downgraded version of the Console sub with internet but lacking certain games, or sub to the more expensive options just to get all the games I want. I was looking forward to participating more in the game club, but now I don't think I'll be able to. However, someone did give a proposal or at least a suggestion saying that the game club should play older games instead of day one games, but I wonder what will happen with the club given everyone there sounds like they don't want to resubscribe or are planning to cancel their subs. It stinks really. I'll still be buying games to own myself, but I can't really buy anything right now.

[Edited by Pastellioli]

Yousef-

@Pastellioli it’s really funny and ironic how a move meant to increase their revenue is driving away customers like us.

Tasuki

So we got Argentina vs Colombia for the Copa America final and Spain vs England for the Euro. I am rooting for Colombia (would love to see their winning streak continue) and England but I have a feeling Argentina and Spain will win.

I watched the Copa America semi final just now between Uruguay and Colombia and it was a great game. Very foul heavy but that's to be expected with two South American teams but over all enjoyable.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Scabzilla

I really need some new blog ideas, but I also really need to go to bed

Go listen to SuperPod Saga - the greatest video game podcast on Earth! 🌊

https://superpodnetwork.com/podcast/superpodsaga

Switch Friend Code: SW-2633-3307-5709 | Twitter:

Pastellioli

Thought I'd roam Nintendo Life for a little before I get sleepy. I nearly deleted a forum I made on accident, but I canceled the deletion before it went through, so it is still up! I was so relieved to see that it was still there.

I played more of Perfect Dark Zero earlier, specifically its multiplayer modes despite already completing the main story campaign. I never really paid a lot of attention to the multi, but I had so much fun with it despite dying constantly to bot players. I'll probably play a bit of Smash tomorrow.

I am thinking of changing my avatar on here soon, maybe to yet another Conker avatar, but I think I've only had this Banjo avatar on for maybe two weeks, so I'll maybe wait a little, though I already have an idea for what I'll have my avatar be in October. I don't know what it is, but I love changing profile pictures a ton! It is a good way to show people your interests and tastes in games here. As a random question, how frequently do you guys change your avatar pictures here?

[Edited by Pastellioli]

Yousef-

Tasuki wrote:

So we got Argentina vs Colombia for the Copa America final and Spain vs England for the Euro. I am rooting for Colombia (would love to see their winning streak continue) and England but I have a feeling Argentina and Spain will win.
I watched the Copa America semi final just now between Uruguay and Colombia and it was a great game. Very foul heavy but that's to be expected with two South American teams but over all enjoyable.

This basically echoed all my sentiments. I have little to add except not wanting this to be left ignored. (Although halfway through writing this I realized I should’ve pinged you in the PS footie club, whoops).

Uhh… since it’s easier to bring this up in an off topic thread, I may as well ask before I forget. You’ve been keeping up with the Triple H era lately? I’m only now catching up and there’s a lot to unload in the past four months I’ve been off the product. (To be completely honest, I’m primarily waiting for the Netflix deal to be complete because I don’t wanna watch WWE in Shahid, which is the arab steaming servers we have here, to be honest it’s quite bad but I don’t wanna write a sidebar within a sidebar while I have this headache).

Cody and Punk been great. Nice to see Braun and Awesome Truth together, did not expect them to have so much tv time, Damien being champ is like a dream come true for me, judgement day are great, Dominik is good, cool to see Rey still got a lot left in the tank, Sheamus 15th anniversary was quite sweet, the Wyatt stuff is a little iffy but I cannot complain about my man Bo Dollas eating well, he completely deserves it after everything. Oh, and Joe Hendry’s debut was cool.
Huh, I said his name. You know what comes next…
Say his name, and he appears!
I believe in Joe Hendry. 🙌
Untitled

Tasuki

@Yousef- I haven't really followed WWE in years. I just got tired of their same old crap. Basically let's elevate one Superstar and hold everyone else back. I was happy when Cena finally left only to see that they did the same crap with Roman. I heard with Vince gone and Trips in charge now it's gotten better but honestly with AEW and NJPW that's all the time for wrestling I have in my life and even then it's hard to keep up. I am about 2 months behind with AEW, thank God for DVR, and about a month behind on NJPW. Next week I am off from work so hopefully I can catch up on some.

My Backlog

Yousef-

@Tasuki that’s understandable. I’m following WWE and TNA and that’s enough for me but I still miss some so getting invested in other promotions is currently a no-go (although I would love to do it in a perfect world). I happen to like the talent more and can also somewhat verify that since Vince’s departure, the company has been on a perpetual state of course correction. So far so great. (Wrestling with Wregret and CVV also been helpful in catching up).

Though now feels like a good chance to elaborate on my earlier sidebar and why I had to take a dip from pro-wrestling. Shahid (literally translates to “Watch” in Arabic) has been phenomenal compiling all WWE stuff for us here but man oh man is it terrible for live viewing. Thing is, I’m not even interested in rewatching old stuff so that’s one selling point off the table (not to mention the service being incredibly pricey because it packages so much other stuff with it look footie, American football, other sports, some American dramas and a lot of Arab dramas).

If I wanna watch old stuff, I’m fine with YouTube clips and shoot interviews. I almost never find the urge to revisit an entire Raw or Smackdown episode (not to mention they’re pretty annoying to look up due to how crappy the search system is).

So I’m only left with live viewing and man, it’s bad. First off, it’s stuck at 480p unless you switch to a different monitor. Bad start. Secondly, it’s a giant lie. It says only English commentary is available but that’s not true, it’s the opposite. It’s actually only Arabic commentary and English commentary becomes available 24 hours later which is really frustrating for so many reasons because it’s dishonest or at least negligent, the waiting period is painful and you may as well just forget about it entirely, the Arabic commentary is inferior to Arabic commentary in other sports like footie and basketball (seriously, mounting against the announcers but they sound younger than high schoolers and they’re pretty amateurish. No quality assurance) and…. That’s about it. Not much more to say. Or my headache is catching up to me.

Netflix deal will hopefully amend some of my issues. I don’t necessarily think it’s a faultless service, in fact I quite dislike it, but it’ll be a lot more manageable. Since I’m on the road quite often due to my hospital job and all the traveling, I have to watch wrestling on my phone. My tv is not always an option.

Well I hope this is interesting cultural knowledge at least. Christian Cage is the reason I might start watching AEW. He’s hilarious.
I swear this is peak wrestling. Captain Charisma strikes once more.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ6mtnm_1Q4&pp=ygURQ2hyaXN5...

Tasuki

@Yousef- It's been even longer since I followed TNA lol. I want to say 2010 to 2012 is when I mostly watch it and then a bit a few years ago when AEW and TNA had a cross promotion going on when Kenny Omega was the belt collector. The only thing I keep up with on TNA is some of the talent, like The Hardys for example, and I only do that cause I heard that they left AEW but wasn't sure if it was true or not. I googled it and sure enough it was and they were back in TNA. Same thing with Santana. I think that's why I gravitate towards AEW they have alot of my favorite people from both WWE and TNA now. Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose) Christian, Adam Copeland (Edge) Jay Lethal, Jeff Jarrett, Sanjay, Chris Daniel's. Don't get me wrong TNA and WWE still have a few I like but like I said before time.

That's understandable why your limited to what wrestling you can follow. That's one reason I stopped following TNA. Here in the US it was hard to find because of their network deals, it seemed they were always jumping networks so I couldn't find what day or time it was. Then for a short time they weren't on TV at all here!! I believe Wrestling with Wregret just covered a PPV of TNA where they had to set up everything on the PPV because they didn't have a tv deal at the time.

Speaking of WwW one of my favorite YouTube channels to watch! I need to watch his latest videos but I don't miss a video of his for long.

My Backlog

Tyranexx

@Sunsy I did watch the linked video. Looks like there was a ton of work involved! Some high production values too, being an official event. I'm sure it was stressful to make something like that experience come together, but it looks like it paid off in spades! I would have enjoyed working something like that. I really liked the reporter lady, from her slight Jersey accent to her "I'm wearing this Poppy hat for you guys" bit at the beginning. XD

I sometimes wake up at night, and it's usually 50/50 whether I fall asleep again. It was worse when I was dealing with acute insomnia. I'll try to get around to posting a couple food-related pictures this weekend. The ramen restaurant was especially awesome since the only way to get any nearby is the packaged stuff; I randomly searched on the way home, and the closest ramen place is in a college town over an hour away. There is a local Japanese steakhouse, but that's mostly hibachi and sushi. My friend and I had an amazing trip and honestly didn't really want to return lol. Sadly, we both had to face reality sometime.

Currently playing: Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

RygelXVIII wrote:

GamePass was always too good to be true, and these new tiers and prices seem like a desperate attempt at not losing as much money, but Microsoft is only willing to foot the bill for so long for market share — and when that market share stagnates, well, someone has to pay the bills.

At this rate game pass'll end up costing $70 a month, at which point people'll just abandon it to buy a new game instead.

Can't be understated just how much damage game pass has done to video games though. There's less risk-taking, less desire to do well and it's ruined the way gamers treat games. It's like skipping a movie in theatres to watch it on a streaming service: it's convenient and cheap but it's just not the same and most importantly you don't own it.

jedgamesguy

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic