Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 10,941 to 10,960 of 96,538

RegalSin

Artwark wrote:

realised that fan games are illegal to play even though it doesn't hurt the company or the brand. So I just installed Shadowrun:Dragonfall Director's cut.

1. It is not illegal to play fan made, unofficial products. It is illegal to MASS PRODUCT these games and sell them as the real product WHILE THE PRODUCT IS INSIDE OF FULL SWING. In fact nowadays most of the unofficial stuff is better then the official stuff.

Think of it like PRINTING MONEY. We can make an few copies of x game and put them inside of X packaging and sell them but we can't go head to head against the actual creator of the product. Take what happen with SONY vs LikSang. Microsoft, Nintendo, and SONY wanted to find an way to sue LikSang because people want the ORIGINAL PRODUCT ( Japanese version ) and not garbage EU or US versions. So SONY sued the company because it was selling an product that was unable to be plugged into an wall outlet. Why LikSang is unable to export imports to the west anymore. But that does not stop other people or another company from doing importing or exporting.

2. ShadowRun Returns is basically an example of unofficial brand. The story is unofficial and so forth. Basically in this case somebody has got the WORLD REPRODUCTION RIGHTS. Getting the game off the internet will not hurt anybody in general but selling or reselling the game in an MASS MARKET will get people in trouble. Then of course playing off-line is okay as well.

This is where bootlegging becomes wrong. When you attempt to sell it in an chain or stores. Like if I have an copy of Spider-man #1 and then lie about it. It is wrong. The same when an official sale is made and the product is just an official reproduction is wrong. Take the game REZ for the PS2 which was becoming an rarity so GameStop chains all got an mass produced copy of REZ for the PS2. So now you can't tell the difference between the release and re-release. Same with Shantae but Shantae never got an rerelease or GBA port.

But if I make my own Spider-Man comic, and only sell it in my store/Garage sale/online then that is okay. So do not think hard about the subject at all. With Videogames if you download stuff that is not harmful. But if you charge people to download stuff then your committing harm. What happen is that people use CD to store games and Video and music. When you store media on something that can be copied extremely easy your not committing harm but attempting to sell it AS THE ORIGINAL PRODUCT in MASS SALES is causing harmful. Like my local comic-book chain sold copies on VHS ( which is okay ) but some people art stupid and tried to threaten them for doing so.

To make things worst; your or my phone or brand NEW COMPUTERS might have spyware hardwired inside of it. The internet is not doing the damage but people who package the material and resells it as the original material.

I haven't beaten yet but decided not to play it due to the fact that its illegal and I don't want to do anything illegal at least in gaming.

Dude nobody is going to attack for playing something you downloaded. However giving your name address and phone number might just add to that fire.

In fact most people are targeted are straight males, expecting their pensions and retirement. People with jobs. The idea is to keep people unhappy and money out of peoples hand. The government wants people to make mistakes.

If your that worried then you better get an brick in the wall as with "1984" George Orwell because that is how things have become nowadays.

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

NintendoFan64

Artwark wrote:

I wonder if I'm ever worth living in the first place.

Don't be like that. Everyone has worth in this world. Also, I've decided that I'm going to watch all of the Marvel movies this Summer. Seriously. ALL of them. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way back to the 70s.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Socar

RegalSin wrote:

Artwark wrote:

realised that fan games are illegal to play even though it doesn't hurt the company or the brand. So I just installed Shadowrun:Dragonfall Director's cut.

1. It is not illegal to play fan made, unofficial products. It is illegal to MASS PRODUCT these games and sell them as the real product WHILE THE PRODUCT IS INSIDE OF FULL SWING. In fact nowadays most of the unofficial stuff is better then the official stuff.

Think of it like PRINTING MONEY. We can make an few copies of x game and put them inside of X packaging and sell them but we can't go head to head against the actual creator of the product. Take what happen with SONY vs LikSang. Microsoft, Nintendo, and SONY wanted to find an way to sue LikSang because people want the ORIGINAL PRODUCT ( Japanese version ) and not garbage EU or US versions. So SONY sued the company because it was selling an product that was unable to be plugged into an wall outlet. Why LikSang is unable to export imports to the west anymore. But that does not stop other people or another company from doing importing or exporting.

2. ShadowRun Returns is basically an example of unofficial brand. The story is unofficial and so forth. Basically in this case somebody has got the WORLD REPRODUCTION RIGHTS. Getting the game off the internet will not hurt anybody in general but selling or reselling the game in an MASS MARKET will get people in trouble. Then of course playing off-line is okay as well.

This is where bootlegging becomes wrong. When you attempt to sell it in an chain or stores. Like if I have an copy of Spider-man #1 and then lie about it. It is wrong. The same when an official sale is made and the product is just an official reproduction is wrong. Take the game REZ for the PS2 which was becoming an rarity so GameStop chains all got an mass produced copy of REZ for the PS2. So now you can't tell the difference between the release and re-release. Same with Shantae but Shantae never got an rerelease or GBA port.

But if I make my own Spider-Man comic, and only sell it in my store/Garage sale/online then that is okay. So do not think hard about the subject at all. With Videogames if you download stuff that is not harmful. But if you charge people to download stuff then your committing harm. What happen is that people use CD to store games and Video and music. When you store media on something that can be copied extremely easy your not committing harm but attempting to sell it AS THE ORIGINAL PRODUCT in MASS SALES is causing harmful. Like my local comic-book chain sold copies on VHS ( which is okay ) but some people art stupid and tried to threaten them for doing so.

To make things worst; your or my phone or brand NEW COMPUTERS might have spyware hardwired inside of it. The internet is not doing the damage but people who package the material and resells it as the original material.

I haven't beaten yet but decided not to play it due to the fact that its illegal and I don't want to do anything illegal at least in gaming.

Dude nobody is going to attack for playing something you downloaded. However giving your name address and phone number might just add to that fire.

In fact most people are targeted are straight males, expecting their pensions and retirement. People with jobs. The idea is to keep people unhappy and money out of peoples hand. The government wants people to make mistakes.

If your that worried then you better get an brick in the wall as with "1984" George Orwell because that is how things have become nowadays.

The thing I'm worried about is what happens when Nintendo finds out that I used to play these games through an emulator. I can't just lie to them and be dishonest when I work for them can I?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Hendesu

I hate getting console banned from Miiverse for the 4th time.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

RegalSin

@Artwark I do not know what your complaining about. The fact you studied programming should make you more then equip to work on the project I am working on.

Most of the pixel art done in most games from the start of the 1990's was hand drawn, scanned in and then edited. In fact if you haven't realized it, yet many people from the mid 1980's was using "electronic pens" in command-line paint programs and with GUI programs makes it even simpler. Also Adobe, PhotonPaint, and CorelDraw like programs existed before the 1990's. Touch screens ( while not wide-spread ) did exist back then as well. Most pixel art was done with less then 100Mhz machines. Nowadays we have tons of resources, so do not fret over worries like that. the world has turned and now we older and more mature people have the control of money, meaning we are the target of consumerism.

What would you like to see happening, and how big???
In fact I could make an sprite for you right now if you ask me to.

If you are like me but unlike me have an built in knowledge of programming. Then you should try making games with flash. Flash is cross-platform, and could take both Rastarized and Vector graphics. More importantly people with little or no knowledge in programming are able to make games. You will still have to program to make big effects happen. Then of course their is Unity as well, which are games that runs in the Unity Browser, and could be loaded from your computer as well ( but they do not have it for PPC OS-Tiger ). Unity can also be loaded Off-line as well.

There is also Blender ( which is limited to 2.0 for OS Tiger ),that is able to make virtual worlds, short animations, and small game programs.
Then of course back then we had 2nd-life which was all the rage where people were buying and selling 3d objects to use in the game.

Seriously like me you need to start your project or come together with somebody to finish their project. Like take that guy who saved his money and made that videogame ( of course that is an lot of people ), but in his case he paid for the programming, the artist, and sound people.

Write down your ideas, No really type them up, and print them ( because the term computer means, to fail ).

You seem motivated but the first step is not trying to be an writer ( unless that is your thing ) and practice your profession.

Just get out there and make something. Look at all the icrap being mass produced. They even have emulators on these PPC-phone devices.

Edited on by RegalSin

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

Joeynator3000

...........meow ? o.o

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Socar

RegalSin wrote:

@Artwark I do not know what your complaining about. The fact you studied programming should make you more then equip to work on the project I am working on.

Most of the pixel art done in most games from the start of the 1990's was hand drawn, scanned in and then edited. In fact if you haven't realized it, yet many people from the mid 1980's was using "electronic pens" in command-line paint programs and with GUI programs makes it even simpler. Also Adobe, PhotonPaint, and CorelDraw like programs existed before the 1990's. Touch screens ( while not wide-spread ) did exist back then as well. Most pixel art was done with less then 100Mhz machines. Nowadays we have tons of resources, so do not fret over worries like that. the world has turned and now we older and more mature people have the control of money, meaning we are the target of consumerism.

What would you like to see happening, and how big???

If you are like me but unlike me have an built in knowledge of programming. Then you should try making games with flash. Flash is cross-platform, and could take both Rastarized and Vector graphics. More importantly people with little or no knowledge in programming are able to make games. You will still have to program to make big effects happen. Then of course their is Unity as well, which are games that runs in the Unity Browser, and could be loaded from your computer as well ( but they do not have it for PPC OS-Tiger ). Unity can also be loaded Off-line as well.

There is also Blender ( which is limited to 2.0 for OS Tiger ),that is able to make virtual worlds, short animations, and small game programs.
Then of course back then we had 2nd-life which was all the rage where people were buying and selling 3d objects to use in the game.

Seriously like me you need to start your project or come together with somebody to finish their project. Like take that guy who saved his money and made that videogame ( of course that is an lot of people ), but in his case he paid for the programming, the artist, and sound people.

Write down your ideas, No really type them up, and print them ( because the term computer means, to fail ).

You seem motivated but the first step is not trying to be an writer ( unless that is your thing ) and practice your profession.

Just get out there and make something. Look at all the icrap being mass produced. They even have emulators on these PPC-phone devices.

.......what does that have to do about my relationship with Nintendo. I just asked like if they find out that if I used an emulator to play their games, they will think bad of me and I don't like them to think like that.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Eel

He likes to rant like that, don't mind him.

Anyway, don't worry too much. It's not like Nintendo actually knows about you.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoFan64

We keep getting the paper...even though we cancelled our subscription, like,a month ago. That's weird and kind of annoying...still, free paper.

Joeynator3000

...T.T goes back to corner

Keep it PG-13-ish.

NintendoFan64

Megumi wrote:

...T.T goes back to corner

Steals your corner before you can get to it.

Joeynator3000

is still in the corner, unloved TwT

Keep it PG-13-ish.

NintendoFan64

Megumi wrote:

is still in the corner, unloved TwT

Gives you a hug.

Joeynator3000

no one still doesn't wuv Mwgumi TwT

Keep it PG-13-ish.

SheldonRandoms

If enough people wuv Ristar, then maybe, just maybe, he'll return in the next Sonic and all-stars game as a soda can TwT

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms

RegalSin wrote:

I would like to see you rev up a sprite plz (And not the drink ;3)

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Joeynator3000

Screw Ristar, Megumi needs love more. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

SheldonRandoms

Megumi wrote:

Screw Megumi, Ristar needs love more. lol

IKR, but to fill the void, Ristar eats pancakes!
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic