Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 10,381 to 10,400 of 96,538

Socar

First day of my training for my job and now I'm worried.

While the thing lasted for about five hours, I'm worried that once its a permanent job, I won't have any time for myself. It takes one hour to go there, and if I get the job, Let's say that it'll be till 6 since most will work around 10 and then It'll take one hour to get back and then I'll only have so little time to play and if I get exhausted, I need to stay awake just to play how much I want and that's it then its bed.

Then the other problem is that if I'm getting paid, my parents are going to restrict me to buying whatever I want and I don't know if at this point I'll get the Wii U. I want a lot of games for the Wii U like 3D World, DKCR, Rainbow Curse, Zelda U, Wind Waker, Star Fox U, New Super Mario Bros U and many that are coming for the system.

I can't just wait till the weekend so I can play because It'll only raise the level of addiction. I'll admit that when it comes to new games, I'm addicted but not the ones I've already beaten and I guess that's the best part about beaten games.

My mom now curses Nintendo all her life and that if I weren't into Nintendo, my life would've been better and I doubt that. I guess I shouldn't have existed and that my parents would be better if they had one son. If It weren't for Nintendo, my life would probably not mean so much unlike now.

You know what's the worst part of all this? When I had the option that I could just sit idle and play games all the time, I want to do that for the rest of my life but no....that's not an option but to rather mock me. I can't believe that a job is the only way to make money. If only I were 60 years old, I can finally retire and live the rest of my life playing games. That would suit everyone since my parents would die by then and that I wouldn't have to worry about money when I retire and the rest will come to an end for me and boom.....everyone wins.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

iKhan

Just finished my first MCAT test. Hopefully, this is also my last.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

RR529

Artwark wrote:

First day of my training for my job and now I'm worried.

While the thing lasted for about five hours, I'm worried that once its a permanent job, I won't have any time for myself. It takes one hour to go there, and if I get the job, Let's say that it'll be till 6 since most will work around 10 and then It'll take one hour to get back and then I'll only have so little time to play and if I get exhausted, I need to stay awake just to play how much I want and that's it then its bed.

Then the other problem is that if I'm getting paid, my parents are going to restrict me to buying whatever I want and I don't know if at this point I'll get the Wii U. I want a lot of games for the Wii U like 3D World, DKCR, Rainbow Curse, Zelda U, Wind Waker, Star Fox U, New Super Mario Bros U and many that are coming for the system.

I can't just wait till the weekend so I can play because It'll only raise the level of addiction. I'll admit that when it comes to new games, I'm addicted but not the ones I've already beaten and I guess that's the best part about beaten games.

My mom now curses Nintendo all her life and that if I weren't into Nintendo, my life would've been better and I doubt that. I guess I shouldn't have existed and that my parents would be better if they had one son. If It weren't for Nintendo, my life would probably not mean so much unlike now.

You know what's the worst part of all this? When I had the option that I could just sit idle and play games all the time, I want to do that for the rest of my life but no....that's not an option but to rather mock me. I can't believe that a job is the only way to make money. If only I were 60 years old, I can finally retire and live the rest of my life playing games. That would suit everyone since my parents would die by then and that I wouldn't have to worry about money when I retire and the rest will come to an end for me and boom.....everyone wins.

1. When I got my first job, the DS became my go to system for gaming. Yes, I didn't have much time for console gaming (though I'd still work some in on my days off), but it was still fun winding down after a tough day at work in the world(s) of Phantom Hourglass, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, Suikoden Tierkries, etc for an hour or so. You'll have more opportunities than you think, especially once you get in the groove of your routine. The Wii U might actually work out quite well in this instance, due to off TV play.

2. How do you commute to work? If it's via bus/train, again, a portable device would be a nice fit.

3. You probably wouldn't have the money to play games all day if you were able to "retire" right now. At least here in the US, your retirement fund is made up of money collected and saved during your working years. No work = No retirement money.

4. It may not seem like it at times, but I'm sure your parents are just worried about your future/well being. Don't be so hard on them.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Socar

I have just made two games as of now and have started writing stories to improve on my writing skills. And now I'm currently doing an Intern based around websites (which I don't like but I'm forced to do it anyway) and see where that goes.

The problem here is that even with these accomplishments, my brother claims that every game designer is a programmer and I am poor in understanding programming not because I don't like it but because I can't understand the complex coding and such. So if I can't do programming, how can I do game design? I understand that it takes a long time to do it but I'm trying to figure out what I'm good at and I'm only good with so little and I have no idea where to begin.

I'm doing story writing which is working quite well but I don't know how that can get me into the game industry. I'm basically in a place where gaming isn't that great (you can say that I'm somewhere from Asia) and from what I've heard from my friends and relatives is not much into gaming and that either Singapore or US is the safe bet there.

So I'm really depressed so much to the point that I play games to relive myself out of depression and try to write my stories and make my third game happen, but after my brother tells me that even this isn't enough, I don't know what is.

I know that i'm most likely gonna get a response that the only solution is stop complaining and do what you want. But i'm in a place where I have to struggle 10x times just to do what I want and who knows? the game design jobs would change and I'd never be able to fufill my dreams and desires. My Dream is to make games for Nintendo and I know that's never going to happen but if I can't even make games with the position I am right now, How am I ever going to be a game designer?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

@Artwark One step at a time sonny boy, not every piece will fall in your lap at once.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Yoshi

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Today I found...this:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/08/earthbound-forever-headi...
A grain of salt is most certainly required. However, if it does end up being true, I will cry God knows how many man tears! Seriously, I want this to be real so very badly! Please God, let this be real!

These things never pan out. Unfortunately....

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Araquanid

brewsky wrote:

These things never pan out. Unfortunately....

Agreed.. you can only cry so many tears!

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

WinterWarm

I put out a EP on SoundCloud.

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

RR529

For those that don't know Google Play is officially giving away The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (Movie) for free, in celebration of the release of the final Hobbit movie (all other LotR merch is discounted as well).

My question is, although it's free, will I still have to pay taxes of any sort?

Why I ask, is because it's still asking for a payment method (though it says this is just to determine location). For the record, I've never had to pay taxes on eShop, so I assume I won't here, either?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Yoshi

Even if you had to pay taxes, a certain percentage of zero is zero.

It's odd to have them ask for a payment method. But I would enter it in because it'll take you to a confirmation screen, I'd imagine. Your choice.

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Yoshi

I'm hoping that I can relax and not remind myself of all the stress over the next week. I work today and tomorrow, off Sunday (I fought hard to get every Sunday off, so glad I got it!), and then I work Monday and Tuesday, and then I'll finally be driving home on Christmas Eve. I don't work until that next Monday. Hopefully, I can just simply forget about everything and just enjoy Christmas this year, unlike last year.

I can't wait for Christmas, and I'll be wrapping my gifts when I make it home. I got some good gifts this year!

Now playing:

WinterWarm

Hey, where are all the old posters? Gone?

ArabPikachu

I've not posted here in a while because of me being busy with blogging on WordPress.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

MsJubilee

Damn i'm walking around this thread and all i see are ghosts and tumbleweed.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CanisWolfred

Probably for the best. We do have an actual chatroom if you just want to shoot the breeze. Otherwise there's not much to talk about here that couldn't be said in a more focused thread...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

WinterWarm

Hums little tune

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic