Forums

Topic: Share a song from your country

Posts 101 to 120 of 123

nonprophetmusic

Looking through so much of this here, I find it depressing how much modern music has degraded. Everything used to seem like it meant so much more, I dunno.

I saw someone poking fun at that awful rapper, Takashi69 or Tekeshi, Takeshi, I dunno. Bad music is bad. I've been hearing that one on the radio lately, and it breaks my heart. (I've been trying for months to get Light Up on the radio. ToT)

I've always been super fond of foreign music. When I actually started making music, one of my things was to cover foreign songs, usually Japanese, but to try to do so in English while maintaining the same or a very similar theme in terms of the subject. I'm working on one now, that is a vocaloid song, called "The Lost One's Weeping."

A translation from of the opening comes to,
"A blade's edge with centimeters of suspicion
Stabbing a vein at the end of it all
Sickly love spurts out
Even my Les Paul became a deadly weapon
It's non-fiction"

But it doesn't fit to the melody, so I'm working at adapting it as,
"It's hard to trust the blade once it's cut's been made
And part of me just hates the way it meets my veins
If every bit of love's enough to make the way
Can a weapon be the way a Les Paul's played?
It's non-fiction."

I've adapted it further, as the song makes note of school subjects and homework, and I find that, being 27, that's not something that can be easily related to. At least not to me. Guess I'm rambling about stuff no one asked about. (I just love music, guys. lol)

@Cobalt
I actually work in FL Studio, and the mixing and mastering is all handled there and self-taught, with the direction of many, many, many YouTube videos. I almost decided to go to college for this stuff, but... I can't see putting myself in incredible amounts of debt when I already have people to feed. Truth be told, I'm really just trying to use my music to get enough money together to build shelters and to put myself through school to get into politics. I have this awful thing where, I see how everything's screwed up, and I can't look away, and I want to help, but I don't really have the means to do so. I think people call it a heart nowadays, and half of everybody's lackin'.

Back to the music.

These guys showed me in the best way possible, that you don't need to take everything so seriously. Sometimes, you can just be a dork, and it's totally cool.

Edited on by nonprophetmusic

If you think I sound a fool here, oh boy.
You should hear me on Spotify or Apple Music.

Twitter:

ogo79

@Cobalt
good idea

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

spizzamarozzi

nonprophetmusic wrote:

Looking through so much of this here, I find it depressing how much modern music has degraded. Everything used to seem like it meant so much more, I dunno.

we're going through possibly the saddest time for music in a century.
And it's not just the quality of the music around - there's always good music being made somewhere - but it's the fact that anything musical has become almost irrelevant in people's lives. Especially for young kids - now it's just Youtube and videogames and all that stuff. I always say videogames can be a wonderful hobby, but not if they drain all the time and money you have.
I find it hard to believe that we've come to a point where people would donate money to random Twitch streamers who play videogames all day but categorically refuse to buy music. Or that a plastic case for a handheld console could raise $500,000 through kickstarter but bands struggle to collect a few thousand dollars to record their new albums. And that's a shame because music has inspired and changed so many people's lives, and has been one of the main components of every social change of the 1900s. Just think of what America would be if Elvis or Chuck Berry had never existed. Actually there would be no America.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

skywake

spizzamarozzi wrote:

nonprophetmusic wrote:

we're going through possibly the saddest time for music in a century.
And it's not just the quality of the music around - there's always good music being made somewhere - but it's the fact that anything musical has become almost irrelevant in people's lives. Especially for young kids - now it's just Youtube and videogames and all that stuff. I always say videogames can be a wonderful hobby, but not if they drain all the time and money you have.

I don't agree. The only difference these days is that there isn't a mono-culture. There has always been average music, there have always been people who only have a passive interest in it. The only difference now is that it's much, much easier to have your own personal interests.

Before iTunes, Youtube and Spotify the most effective way to discover music was to listen to the radio or watch music video countdown shows. Everyone in your country watched and listened to the same music. The bands who made it made it in a huge way because everyone was listening to the same music. It's not like people spend less money on or care less about music now. It's more a case of people listening to a wider variety of content.

And on a lighter note, here is an 80s Australian comedy song from an American Italian:

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

AlexSora89

nonprophetmusic wrote:

Despite what my countryman @spizzamarozzi said in reply to your comment, it's not like everything is doom and gloom. Good songs always lurk behind the corner.

I don't quite have lots o' loot, because I'm from the Boot.

https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/AlexSora89
(Currently seeking Stars.)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6287-1558 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexSora89

LzWinky

I'm from Memphis, TN. We have blues, rock and roll, etc.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Cobalt

@StephanDLW

Belgians are awesome in music :

Jack Brel
Technotronic
Front 242
Clouseau
Selah Sue
etc...etc...

Cobalt

Eel

Ok finding a song from the 50's was kinda hard because evidently basically nobody keeps track of of years on the internet.

This is the only one I could find with a mention of the year of release:

Tune in next time for an even older song.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Cobalt

@StephanDLW Yeah in electro style, France has some great stuffs :

Laurent Garnier, Emmanuel Top, Martin Solveig, Miss Kittin, Cassius, Stardust, Laurent Wolf etc...

About Daft Punk, I'm stuck with Interstella 5555 with the awesome videos made by Leiji Matsumoto !

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

ogo79

TheLZdragon wrote:

I'm from Memphis, TN. We have blues, rock and roll, etc.

id have the blues too if I moved there

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

spizzamarozzi

@Octane great choice of a tune. Holland has produced some amazing music during the 60s. The Hunter's Russian Spy & I for me is still one of the greatest songs of that decade. You know, those years in Holland must have been incredibly exciting - you had The Hunters, Johan Cruijff, Fred Kaps...

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AlexSora89

I have two Italian songs to share, this time from songwriter Max Gazzé. I can't believe I had trouble coming up with good [contemporary] music from my country when the mind behind some of the catchiest songs was right there.

Title: Sotto Casa (At your doorstep)
Description: The lyrics are about a man going door-by-door and preaching about the one key moral of Christianity: not being a jerk. The singer's character, in other words, presents his own take on religion by sticking to one moral. It's pretty relaxing - despite the rather fast tempo - and catchy.

Title: La Vita Com'è (That's just how life is)
Description: A break-up song. Contrasting most of this subgenre, though, this one has the particular distinction of being way more upbeat than most - namely, the singer talks about focusing on whatever distraction can help him forget the girlfriend that dumped him ("look at me / that is just how this lousy life is / not gonna end it all / but rather I'll wait / for another coffee" - this is actually synced with the pre-refrain line in case you feel like singing along) and clinging on the silver lining of life no matter what.

Edited on by AlexSora89

skywake

Something a bit different, less iconically Australian this time. Just an awesome track from one of the artists who have been pushing the Australian psychedelic Rock scene lately. Making waves internationally (at least critically) with artists like Tame Impala and King Gizzard.

Fun fact about this track. These guys (and Tame Impala) are from Fremantle, a suburb in my home City of Perth. The vocalist on the track is just some homeless guy they brought into the studio off the street.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

AlexSora89

Glad to see the thread is still alive and kicking!
Here's another song from my country.
Artist: Max Pezzali, in his current solo career since leaving his former band, 883.
Album: Max 20, a milestone celebration of his career counting his 883 years as well.
Song: A cover version of Gli Anni (The Years), featuring fellow Italian singer Cesare Cremonini (who in turn is pursuing a solo career after dropping out of his former band, Lunapop, with whom he notably did one album alone).
Subject: The song begins with "Same old story, same old place and same old bar" (I accidentally wrote it with the same metric, so you can sing the first few lines along if it helps), and is about reminiscing of old times only to come to terms with a harsh reality everyone has to deal with eventually - time passes, things change and no one can, nor will, turn back the clock.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.