Forums

Topic: Rock Music Discussion

Posts 221 to 240 of 282

CANOEberry

After the Disco thread, this one is a breath of fresh air. Thanks, everyone!

CANOEberry

Losermagnet

Oh man, Nine Inch Nails is touring and they will be in my state later this year with Nitzer Ebb and Ministry. Ticket prices are a bit stupid but I don't know if I can turn this down.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

jump

@Losermagnet American tickets are weird, you lot pay huge booking fees which really take the biscuit.

I’ve just got tixs for Nine Inch Nails as they are playing some specials shows in the UK at The Eden Projects which is a biodome/botanic garden which should make for an interesting setting. I feel sorry for all of the rare plants that will be smooshed by the most pits though.

Untitled

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

Ah man, Mark Lanegan has died.

I’ve always described him to folk as having the voice of angel that has swallowed an ashtray which is kinda true now. It was amazing seeing him live, the last time was at a church which was a perfect setting and acoustics for him.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Rossoverde

@jump Indeed, what a voice. Saw him perform just once with QOTSA, he really elevated and enriched their music. Incredible career, from Screaming Trees onwards. Really want to read his books.

Rossoverde

jump

Arcade Fire are back and more importantly they have dropped that rubbish disco sound from the last album!!!

Nicolai wrote:

jump

jump wrote:

@Losermagnet American tickets are weird, you lot pay huge booking fees which really take the biscuit.

I’ve just got tixs for Nine Inch Nails as they are playing some specials shows in the UK at The Eden Projects which is a biodome/botanic garden which should make for an interesting setting. I feel sorry for all of the rare plants that will be smooshed by the most pits though.

Untitled

Is there anything more mETaLz than watching Nine Inch Nails with a rainbow?
Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

Anyways, how was the gig? Did they have the zip line open? It's amazingly funny flying over the biomes at high speed.

Rambler

jump

@Rambler It was genuinely amazeballs. It was the 3rd/4th time I’ve seen them so I knew not to expect a greatest hits set but when a band is that tight and good it doesn’t matter. Once I was back in London I tried to get tixs for the London show but even with the train strikes no one was reselling and sods law that was almost a just the hits set. I think my gig with the rainbow was better though so it still makes my top three gigs of the year so far behind Frank Carter but above Tool.

Unfortunately the zip line wasn’t running during the gig, shame as Trent coming stage on via a zip line would have been something! The next day when I went to see Eden Project the buses don’t run on Sunday in Cornwall so with 4 hours sleep after a day of heavy drinking whilst my belly was filled with full English breakfast buffet I had to walk 4 miles uphill on country roadsides with no pavement so I was knackered by the time I got there and had less to see everything otherwise I would have given it a try.

Eden Project is proper lovely though. My missus is a huge nature lover so I’m surprised I’ve never gone there before. It’s definitely worth making a long weekend out of as long as there’s a semi decent band on next year.

Nicolai wrote:

Kermit1doesmath

Can anyone recommend me a good (clean, language wise) rock band.

(I find if every song has cursing it takes me out of the ""vibe"")

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@jump I think I'll give Pink Floyd a listen, or maybe The Band, Masayoshi Takanaka's been in my backlog (YT wise)... I guess I got options...

or maybe a British national treasure: TopGear Band

I'm sorry, I had to

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

WoomyNNYes

I guess that rules out Peaches for Kermit1. XD I totally understand wanting something clean, though. But now I can't stop thinking about this Peaches song, it was THE banger song when some friends would have dance parties. Some of the scenes in the video resemble the what I saw at said dance parties. XD

nsfw language, but funny https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rRIIWo_JeA

As far as something clean goes, I can only think about the Police, at the moment. But it's not really rock.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Rambler

@Kermit1
***** up
Holy *****
The ***** Champs
That ***** Tank

Rambler

Rambler

Kermit1 wrote:

Can anyone recommend me a good (clean, language wise) rock band.

(I find if every song has cursing it takes me out of the ""vibe"")

That means you don't like the Rolling Stones, btw ;-p

Seriously:
Slint
Rodan
Don Caballero
Cap'n Jazz
Joan of Arc
Mineral
My Bloody Valentine
Ride
Amen-Ra
Oathbreaker
Hoover
Fugazi
The Minutemen
The Black Heart Rebellion
Wire
Gang of Four
Can
Neu!
King Crimson (esp Red - what an album!)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

Rambler

@jump
Glad the gig was good - I love the incongruity of seeing a band deemed to be so dark and gloomy in such a glorious setting!
And yeah, Trent on a zip wire would've been ace! Along with fire breathing drummers and an extending stage (or is that Rammstein??)

The youth hostel there is actually pretty cool - the rooms are all old shipping containers. A bit odd at first but they are really well done.

The Lost Gardens of Heligan down the road are well worth visit as well. No room for concerts, but lots of sculptures, mazes and huuuuuuge plants.

Rambler

Rambler

@Kermit1
Lol

I've edited that post with a list of bands which - I think - don't have swearing.

Rambler

Kermit1doesmath

@Rambler The only bands on that list I've heard of (I think) are The Minutemen and Hoover.

I will listen to all of them! (esp. Red)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic