Forums

Topic: Rock Music Discussion

Posts 221 to 228 of 228

Losermagnet

@jump People don't like Hellbilly Deluxe 2? Thats surprising, although Hellbilly Deluxe 2 was where I stopped 😅 something between Educated Horses and it made me lose interest. I like stuff from both albums but with Hellbilly Deluxe 2 I get pretty cynical. I hate the title and I hate that Roadrunner released a special edition a few months after with a few changes and some new songs. Seems like a cash grab. It's telling that it was the only Roadrunner Zombie album imo. But the tracks are fine. I like Mars Needs Women and What in particular.

I thought everyone disliked Educated Horses, and thats an album I have a soft spot for because I saw him live during that album's tour.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

jump

@Losermagnet I think the name doesn't help, it makes it sound like a sequel or a rehash.

I've had many a conversation about Hellbilly 2 being the worst in two different groups of friends as well as randomers at gigs and festivals where I'm always defending it. It is odd people will go to a gig and they are in the smoking area where they insist on complaining about the band they are seeing to anyone who will listen.

I remember seeing The Sex Pistols and someone in the smoking was telling me he regretted going as he didn't realise Sid Viscous wasn't going to be there, I pointed out that Sid had been dead for 3 decades and he was a rubbish bass player anyway and it was Glen Matlock who was their real bassist but they didn't care and they felt like they were tricked. What a waste as it's one of the few times they have ever gotten back together and it sold out instantly so it could of gone to an actual fan.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Losermagnet

@jump thats ridiculous. Going to a show only to pout is asanine. I can excuse a band putting on a crummy show to an extent, but bad audiences really irk me.

Makes me think of the Zombie concert I mentioned. He actually messed up the lyrics to Dragula (repeated a line or something like that, then stopped for a second). The audience was so in the moment nobody cared. Most probably didnt notice but he apologized for it afterword 😂

Then when I saw Beck I had this absolute d-bag right behind me complaining about almost every song. I'm pretty sure he was trying to impress this gal he was with.

jump

@Losermagnet I do hate people who think they are smart because they can figure out something to complain about. I saw my baby brother go into a phase of doing that so I put it to him it’s easy to figure out why you don’t like something but can you figure out why something works instead.

Rubbish crowds it’s one of the most annoying things about gigs. One of the drawbacks of going to gigs in London is there is a certain amount of the crowd just there for the sake of going out or are bored tag alongs so they chat, make sure to get a selfie or just be indifferent to the gig. On the other side of that as its London pretty much everyone plays here and there’s always gigs going on. Just the sheer amount and names of bands I’ve seen wouldn’t be possible even if I lived in LA, New York or Berlin.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Losermagnet

@jump i would like to go to shows more often, but where I'm at in Ohio is it's usually at least an hour and a half drive to the nearest show. Sometimes groups dont even stop anywhere near me. I was lucky enough that I had family willing to drive me to shows when I was a teenager. I was looking at my ticket stubs the other day and i went to like a dozen shows in a couple years. Now that i'm a few years from middle age I can't imagine going to concerts that often.

Most of the shows i've been to have been fantastic. I can only think of one phenomenal dud (Raymond Watts/Pig).

jump

@Losermagnet that’s cool of your parents! Were they just sitting in the car outside waiting for you because you were too cool to let them go with you?

Worse gig I’ve ever seen was Slowthai. He threw up on stage three times, got into arguments with the crowd by shouting he would make love to their Mums and threw his shoes at them. The Red Hot Chili Peppers were pretty shambolic too, the crowd are waiting with their energy buzzing raring to go and then suddenly the lights are off and the excitement is about to hit climax to them as they come onstage to surely open with a mega hit like By The Way, Around The World, Give It Away but instead it’s 15mins of them jamming onstage so the crowd’s energy turns to nervous awkwardness from not knowing what to do. It was like that the entire set with people trying to figuring out if they are playing a song or merely jamming. I didn’t even learn my lesson and it was the same thing a second time.

I’m not sure anyone will care about this but I found the most brilliantly simple twitter account earlier. They scan an artists lyrics and count the most used words in their songs. For example Blink 182 use the word Na the most in all of their songs.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FrequentlyMost

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Losermagnet

@jump i guess i had earned my family's trust (or I hadnt done anything to lose it at least lol). I was a good, sheltered kid so I never got into trouble or crap like drugs. Admittedly most of the time I think it was my step-dad who took me to a good number of shows, but I definitely recall my grandma dropping me off at a Slipknot concert with a friend.

jump

TUNE!

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic