Forums

Topic: Third Place Vote - Best ANIME Tournament - ONE PIECE WINS!!!

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,215

ShadowChaos

Code Geass FTW

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

V8_Ninja

I 300% vote Princess Mononoke. While I hate to sound like a prick, it must be said; if anyone actually thinks Code Geass was good, they can jump into a well. It starts off good enough to overcome the cliches, but then completely dies at the end. Here's what I wrote at the Escapist about my opinions on why Code Geass sucks;

[SPOILERS]

"A small chunk of the episodes are just stupid school celebrations where 95% of the episode doesn't really matter, there's that stupid other victim of the Geass that I feel doesn't fit well, the plot behind CC is vaguely explained to the highest degree, the last-minute God-people plot had too much ham-fisting, and the story DOESN'T ACTUALLY END. It stops right before the deciding moment. And shut up you people who think the story was about the ride! THE ENTIRE STORY WAS ABOUT HOW LELOUCHE WAS TRYING TO GET REVENGE ON BRITANNIA!!! We need to know if he succeeds or if he fails! True, the story was not going to end well either way, but abandoning the story at the last minute is not the solution!"

[/SPOILERS]

EDIT: Note that my opinions are entirely based on the first season of the show. However, I believe that a series that has a definitive ending should not have to explain WTF happened in the past 2-3 episode because the original series forgot to!

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

CanisWolfred

Code Geass easily gets my vote, and not just because I hate Princess Mononoke with all of my fury. It's such a fun, gripping, and intense show, and the ending is one of my favorites in anime.

V8_Ninja wrote:

Note that my opinions are entirely based on the first season of the show.

You're the one who needs to jump in a well. Seriously, stop what you're doing right now, and go watch the Second Season. I don't like the first season, either, but the second season is great.

EDIT: Actually, I think this is the third time I told you to watch it, and you said you were gonna watch it at one point. What happened?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

V8_Ninja

Mickeymac wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Note that my opinions are entirely based on the first season of the show.

You're the one who needs to jump in a well. Seriously, stop what you're doing right now, and go watch the Second Season. I don't like the first season, either, but the second season is great.

EDIT: Actually, I think this is the third time I told you to watch it, and you said you were gonna watch it at one point. What happened?

At one time you told me to watch the series after I said that all I could see was "Robots And Teenagers", and then I did watch it and I didn't like it. I even think at one point you agreed with me that the show wasn't good, specifically after I had watched it, although I am most likely confusing you with another Nintendolifer. As for my opinion, I still stand by it; most of the plots I felt were mishandled or either didn't fit into the story. And none of the several big plots actually ended. You need to resolve the biggest issues of the story in order to gain lean-way to manage a next season. You can't just say "Oh, hey! We ran out of time! Looks like those plot points weren't important!" and call it a day. Bleach managed the ending to its Soul Society ark rather well; the immediate threat (Rukia's death) had been dealt with but there were still threats on the horizon ( This Guy ). Code Geass doesn't do this at all; it keeps building up to a single point and yet doesn't actually conclude anything. Another important part of Code Geass was that the story revolved directly around Lelouch getting revenge. When we don't get to see if he succeeds or fails, the show is telling the viewer that the plot was entirely pointless; it "Doesn't Matter" if we see whether Lelouch won or lost his personal war, which is complete BS.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

CanisWolfred

You didn't finish the effing series. You only watched Season 1. Stop complaining and finish it for **** sake, because I swear to you that your complaints will be resolved within a few episodes of the second season. If all you're gonna do is spew bile at it, you might as well have an informed opinion so no one can prove you so blantantly wrong.

Like I said, the first season is bad. Look back to the early pages of this thread, I wrote paragraph after paragraph about how bad it was. No more than 3 posts later, I had watched the second season and praised it to the sun. It's a big improvement. Objection even agrees, he's the one who put so much effort into convincing me to watch it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Shining-Void

Code Geass is 100000000X better then princess mononoke, which I find to be boring. LONG LIVE THE WHITE KNIGHT!

@V8_Ninja If you actually watch R2 you would know that a lot of things happen you wouldn't expect. I won't get into details for sake of spoilers. If you didn't like the first season you'll like the second.

Edited on by Shining-Void

Shining-Void

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

RR529

I'm voting for Code Geass, but to be fair, I haven't seen Mononoke yet.

Thought Geass' first season was better than the second. They really went off the deep end near the end of the series, IMO (I actually liked Lelouche's Geass, and it was an interesting addition, but when Geass users started popping up left and right, SPOILER the emporer END SPOILERS, the uniqueness wore off).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JustAnotherUser

Although I haven't watched Code Geass yet (even though I have it) I vote for Princess Mononoke.

JustAnotherUser

CommanderAudio

Even though I haven't watched either, Studio Ghibli can do nothing wrong AT ALL so I'll play it safe and go for Princess Mononoke

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in ...

TheKingOfTown

Mononoke

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

shingi_70

HeroOfWaffles wrote:

Mononoke

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

HeroOfWaffles wrote:

Mononoke

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Kinioka

Princess Mononoke.

Hallelujah.

FonistofCruxis

I haven't seen either but I plan on watching Code Geass at some point but from that trailer Princess Mononoke looked very cliche.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.