Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 2,591

Princess_Lilly

@Eel oh yeah it absolutely is, I studied 2 and 3 point perspective, I just meant the smoothness of lines. After all, even if its absolutely spot on with perspectove, it wont give 3d illusion if the lines are curved

Princess_Lilly

Princess_Lilly

@Eel yeah of course, Krita has the line tool. It's just that relying on such tools too much isn't good for skill growth. I'm not drawing perfect circles, but if I left it to the circle tool, I wouldn't be able to draw them at all. After a few hundreds reps, you get the hang of it. And you won't get your reps if you just tool + <shift> all the time

Princess_Lilly

JONOFTHEJONS

@Princess_Lilly I use Krita with a mouse, the stabiliser tool is a miracle!

Edited on by JONOFTHEJONS

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

JONOFTHEJONS

Are paper based drawings allowed on this thread? I have some good things to show soon.

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

Princess_Lilly

@JONOFTHEJONS I have the XP Pen, Artist 22R Pro version and I love it, but I hate it that I can't use even 1% of it because of how poorly I draw

Princess_Lilly

Eel

@Princess_Lilly I assure you that learning when and how to use tools is part of the skill set.

Don’t be afraid of using what’s at your disposal: if professionals use those tools, why can’t you?

Anyhow, it’s really up to you, the artist, to decide what you want and don’t want to do. So don’t feel pressured into it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Princess_Lilly
Keep practicing.
You can try to draw on paper about 1 point perspective drawing then you can apply on your drawing tablet.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JONOFTHEJONS wrote:

Are paper based drawings allowed on this thread? I have some good things to show soon.

Sure, you can.
I have posted some of my hand drawings here.

Anti-Matter

Eel

All of my most recent posts here have been painted/drawn on paper.

Edit: here’s one I made a while ago that I didn’t share here:

Untitled

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

Everyone’s stuff here looks so good! Keep up he good work!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 4 golden!

rough-machine01

And yes, I plan to make an Inkling version of my second OC.

💚🌸🤍🌸🖤

MarioVillager92

I'm thinking of making a holiday drawing... it's been a long while since I last drew. I'd like to base it on Merry Mountain, one of the DLC courses for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I especially want to draw the train that flies around the course. I've also been playing as Peach quite a lot lately in my more recent online races, so perhaps I could draw Peach riding the Merry Mountain train! I think @Sunsy would like this idea I have.

I do want it to have a background as well. I also use an actual sketchbook and pencils to make drawings, which is what I plan to do here as well. Should I draw the background first, then the focal point, or the other way around? Maybe have a simpler background (the snowy night sky and moon comes to mind) so there's not too much to look at? I've also been trained to draw still life as well. (Pun totally intended, lol.) Any advice before I start is appreciated... thank you!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

rough-machine01

I decided to create a counterpart to Luca: a half-tanuki Japanese-born girl named Koharu, who can wield ice powers like Luca's fire. And despite what you might think on the whole "tanuki vs. kitsune" thing, both of my characters are actually really good friends.

Also I added shading and made a painted background for practice.

Untitled

💚🌸🤍🌸🖤

Zuljaras

I have decorated a bottle with polymer clay to have a memory of our wedding. Inside the bottle we will print our wedding invitation one more time. I drew it like a pirate treasure map that leads to the beach where we got married. And inside the bottle we will also put sand from the same beach that we took then

Untitled

Eel

@Zuljaras that’s adorable, a beautiful keepsake.

Just beware of taking sand from beaches; never know when a vengeful ancient beach god will get salty about it 🕵️‍♂️

Bloop.

Zuljaras

@Eel We cleansed the beach 3 days before the wedding

Actually, my wife lost some pearls in the sea 2 days before the wedding there and we joked that this is a sacrifice in the name of Poseidon for good weather on our wedding day.

Not joking, the beach and the hotels there were destroyed the next week after the wedding by a flood
There were even casualties! Scary stuff!

Talk about luck!!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic