Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 2,551

RiskNo7087

@ChaoticMagolor
First, I looked up a method for making a sphere. Then practiced with this a bit to get the right size.
Then tried to get the proportions right and made some tiles with prints (eyes and mouth) and as a last step the different copy abilities. I would say about 2 weeks.
But in hours, no idea, a lot.... But it was fun

RiskNo7087

ChaoticMagolor

@RiskNo7087 Ah, I see. That must have been a painstaking process. I admire your dedication!

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

Anti-Matter

Well, this is my hand drawing of Nintendo Switch 6th Anniversary.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

card-crunch78

I wish to use a base to draw my fursona.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Snatcher

I have to draw! I want to draw characters! I want to draw characters from CSM, and Samus! I’m gonna draw Samus! And like the whole xenoblade cast, but I don’t have the skill for it, all these ideas, I want them to be free! Yeah I just needed to get that out lol.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Zuljaras

@Snatcher Practice and tries is the ONLY way!

First start with some tracing/shadowing.

Then move to just looking at a reference image and trying to recreate it.

After that start experimenting with your ideas and bringing them on a page or a drawing software.

The worst thing you could do is sit there and tell yourself how you do not have the skills.

Snatcher

@Zuljaras you’re right, even if I sit here and tell myself I can’t do it, what’s so different from me not doing it to begin with, if I can just do it. I actually have seen these videos before at some point, I have some drawing ability I think, so I will draw her. My stupid self has been drawing with little to no reference because I felt bad about it, or thought it made me suck, which was a stupid mindset to have, I used reference in my last drawing and the difference was, wow, I could actually figure out how to draw poses I wanted, final expressions I never tried and so on.

Yeah in short, me just saying I can’t do it is literally no different then not doing it, I least I can do something not being able to do something, I learn.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
You can start to upload your hand drawing of your characters, just like my hand drawings here. You need a pencil, small spidol and color pencils to draw then take photo your hand drawing with your smart phone.
Don't really worry too much about your art style.

Anti-Matter

card-crunch78

Are digital drawings allowed here?

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

card-crunch78

Also do any of my drawings have to be related to Nintendo at all? Because I have a bunch of OCs that I want to show off but aren't based on any existing corporation. I mean, I guess could just have them cosplay, but I'm getting tired of having to credit the company for the costumes worn.

Edited on by card-crunch78

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Maxz

@JadeKitsune As far as I’m aware, the definition of ‘art’ is pretty loose here (I got away with posting some music I’d made a while back) so digital drawings should be absolutely fine.

People mainly go with Nintendo-influenced stuff because that’s naturally going to have the most receptive audience, but I don’t think there are any rules on it!

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

card-crunch78

I know I said I'd never draw copyrighted characters again, but now the urge to draw myself with Pandora and Phosphora (from Kid Icarus: Uprising) is rising.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Snatcher

@JadeKitsune Why wouldn’t you? If you want to, do it, drawing is supposed to be something you enjoy, and if you enjoy drawing that, do so.

card-crunch78

Me with Pandora and Phosphora ❤️

Untitled

Both ladies are owned by Nintendo, blah blah blah.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic