Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 821 to 840 of 6,561

Tasuki

Saw Big Hero 6 and I have to say it was better then I thought it was going to be but it was still meh. The beginning was a bit slow for me and once the action started it went by really quick. Personally for a Disney superhero team I will take The Incredible over Big Hero 6.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

DefHalan

Tasuki wrote:

Saw Big Hero 6 and I have to say it was better then I thought it was going to be but it was still meh. The beginning was a bit slow for me and once the action started it went by really quick. Personally for a Disney superhero team I will take The Incredible over Big Hero 6.

That cross-over needs to happen!!!

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Vinny

Ali G Indahouse. It's so bad it's good.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

DiscoDriver43

saw 2 movies on the way to and back from my trip: Jurassic Park 3 and Rio

Jurassic Park 3: Well it is 90 minutes which is the best thing you can say about it. that and it gives me hope that whatever happens in Jurassic World, it will not be as bad as Jurassic Park 3

Rio: decent film. Not great, but at least it isn't Cars 2. haven't seen the rio 2 film, but if it is anything like the Ice Age sequels, i'll probably just be more like some lost episodes of a tv show.

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

RR529

Just finished up watching Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (DVD)!

This was a great movie! I don't think I liked it as much as Jurassic World, but it's definitely wrestling with Guardians of the Galaxy and The Last Samurai as the second best film I've seen this year (well, GotG is probably my number 2, but it's definitely a toss up between this & TLS for number 3).

Everything is built up very smartly, and the action is really superb once it's time for things to break loose. The special effects are amazing as well, from the details of the apes, to the eerily beautiful post apocalyptic world.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

DefHalan wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

That cross-over needs to happen!!!

My thoughts exactly.

My Backlog

RR529

Just finished up watching Outrage on Netflix, and it was sooo good!

A Japanese film about various disputes between different Yakuza families (as well as some infighting), that results in some backstabbing, torture, surprising plot twists, and an absolutely bonkers last 20 minutes or so will keep you on the edge of your seat. With the more high class old school mob traditions mixed with the uniqueness of Japanese culture, I found this to be a truly interesting film, and while it won't topple Jurassic World as my favorite film I've seen so far this year, in a pure film making perspective, this is undoubtedly the best.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

DiscoDriver43

Jurassic World was awesome!!!

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

RR529

Just finished up watching The Equalizer (DVD)!

Denzel Washington plays a retired government hitman, and is living his life peacefully as a stocker at the local Home Depot type store. However, when the local Russian mob roughs up one of his newfound friends, he takes himself out of retirement to not only take down the ones who did the act, but to take down the entire organisation it spawned from. He's pretty much a one man army, and takes out his targets in a variety of brutal ways along the way.

It's not the kind of movie I'd normally watch myself, but my dad was getting ready to watch it, so I decided to watch it as well. Due to it not lining up with my personal interests I don't think it'll end up as one of my favorite movies this year, but it's still a pretty good time, and you should check it out if it seems like something you'd be interested in.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Just finished up watching Unbroken! Absolutely fantastic film.

It's a true story about a US airman who was imprisioned in a Japanese prison camp during WWII. He was a track runner who became famous after a breakout performance in the 1936 Berlin Olympics, and ironically was going to run the 1940 Tokyo Olympics before it was cancelled due to the breakout of the war. It was really harrowing watching his struggle to survive his extreme mistreatment at the hands of his captors (they wanted to make an example of him specifically, due his fame).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

NintendoFan64

Back to the Future is on TV right now .

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

RR529

pikminfan22 wrote:

I watched the Godzilla film from 1998 last night.. I know everyone hates that film, but I kinda like it.... (please don't hate me lol ) It's a good ''popcorn-type'' movie, in my most humble opinion that is ..

I mean, it's probably a decent/good monster film (can't remember too much though, because it's been awhile), it's just not a good Godzilla film. Godzilla doesn't get taken down by three ordinary fighter jets, it just doesn't happen. Yet, that's exactly how it happened here.

Granted, Toho did bring the film into Godzilla canon by referencing the film in future releases (they retconned it to be a new monster not related to Godzilla, that the Americans misidentified during it's attack). Heck, it was even featured as an opponent for the real Godzilla in Godzilla: Final Wars, renamed Zilla (it's clear that Toho knew of the disdain for it though, as it was the most quickly defeated, and the aliens that were controlling it made a wise crack about it after the defeat).

Back to the topic, though, now that it's technically not a Godzilla film anymore, and rather a standalone Zilla film, I wouldn't mind watching it again, now that I don't have to judge it by Godzilla standards.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Just finished up watching Beyond Outrage on Netflix!

Followup to the previously mentioned Outrage, it's another Japanese film about the Yakuza underworld. Under new leadership after the last film's surprise ending, the Sanno family is more powerful than ever, even having political influence & looking to expand their influence overseas. However, nothing is a bed of roses in the world of organized crime, with how the older members of the organisation don't like it's new direction, the expiration of a peace treaty with another family, a police crackdown, and the re-emergence of a couple of characters from the first film looking for revenge, it's not long before the viewer is witness to another tale of deceit, assasainations, and surprise twists (some which will make you think).

It's a great film, and a must watch if you liked the first one.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

StarBoy91

@CanisWolfred - my sentiments exactly =|

My favorite part about this confounding mess is how Eddie Redmayne's character occasionally went from:
Speaking, in a soft whisper-like low voice, until, he feels the need to shout, right out

OF THE BLUE!!!!!!!!!

Like, Wachowskis, what happened when making this movie?? It's absolutely befuddling

To each their own

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

NinChocolate

I watched the Black Cauldron. If anyone hasn't read the book series, they are classics and can be enjoyed by all ages!

NinChocolate

NintendoFan64

Saw Jurassic World today. Thought it was good.
@CanisWolfred I haven't seen it, but I've heard about it, and I think that I've gotten a bit dumber from just hearing about the plot.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tasuki

Well sticking with a July Fourth tradition, in my family we watched ID4 today. Great movie and I can't wait for the sequel.

My Backlog

RR529

Been seeing trailers for the new Vacation, and while I love the idea behind it, I can't see this movie being anything other than a flop.

Every single joke featured in the trailers feels forced & inorganic, like they're trying way too hard to emulate the original. I'll probably watch it (not in the cinema though), but I don't have my hopes high.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

@RR529: I agree. There are somethings that shouldn't be remade and this is one of them. I honestly can't see how this movie will be good without Chevy Chase in the lead role. I will probably wait till this comes to Netflix or its paired at the Drive In with another movie I want to see more.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic