couple of animated Superman movies. even the Batman and Superman Public Enemies
9 to 5
Copycat
Deathstalker I
Deathstalker II
the Room 237 documentary about The Shining movie
Living With Chucky
early 1980s Beast Within movie

and Tubi again has I Kill Giants. I think they had it on before months ago or last year

XandertheWise

MontyCircus

Godzilla Minus One is getting absolutely rave reviews from critics and audiences (97% on RottenTomatoes even after dozens of critic reviews and an "A" CinemaScore from opening night audiences).

I'm worried it won't come to my city. We missed Godzilla vs. Kong because of COVID lockdown, I'd hate to miss this one too...

MontyCircus

RR529

Just got back from seeing Godzilla: Minus One!

It was honestly a great time. The human element was done quite well & had a few effective emotional moments (much better than you'd usually see from a Hollywood blockbuster, including most of the "Monsterverse" projects), and the production values were handled wonderfully. Not quite up there with a Hollywood project that's firing on all cylinders, but it almost never felt hokey, and everything had a very effective sense of weight & power behind it, with a lot of exciting moments.

Really glad to say I've been able to see a Japanese made Godzilla film in theatres now (I've only went to see the 2014 and... 1998, American efforts until now), and it's honestly one of the best films I've seen this year. Probably the last time I'll go to the cinema this year, and it was a great choice to end the year on (it was either going to be this or Napoleon).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

In addition to Godzilla: Minus One (cinema), these are the other films I watched over the weekend.

I Love You: Hugs & Kisses (Tubi) - 70's murder mystery where a wealthy socialite is arrested for the murder of his supermodel wife, but the following trial reveals a twisty tale of scheming & betrayal that'll have you questioning what really happened. Not must see, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny (Disney+) - It's... fine. Certainly a lot happens & it does have it's cool & exciting moments, but it feels like a decent 2 hour film that goes on a half hour too long. It's a big polished spectacle of a film that's kinda fun to turn your brain off to, but everything feels like it was checklisted instead of organic (Nazis? Check. Booby trapped ruins? Check? Snakes... Sort of? Check).

Recently, My Sister is Unusual (Blu-Ray) - Japanese take on the "Teen Debauchery" genre (think of stuff like American Pie, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, etc.). Mitsuki gets a new older step brother after her mother remarries, and things get awkward when she's possessed by the ghost of a girl who had the hots for her new bro. Very Japanese, but also surprisingly dull.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

OldManHermit

Watched Deep Rising on vhs the other night, which I found for two bucks at value village. It's a great late 90s creature feature by the same guy who directed those Brendan Frasier Mummy movies. The design of the creature itself is awesome, and the visual effects hold up surprisingly well. I recommend it if you're in the mood for a good dumb fun monster movie.

OldManHermit

Sunsy

For those interested, Pixar's Soul, Turning Red, and Luca are getting special theater releases next year. For those who wanted to see these on the big screen, your chance is coming next year!

Also watched some movies recently.

Watched Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny on Disney+ this past Sunday. Had fun with this one, it felt like an Indiana Jones adventure. Only disappointed with the ending being so abrupt. Indy gets punched out, next thing he wakes up in his appartment, making it a bit confusing, in a "was this a dream," kind of way, even though it wasn't.

Also, watched Minions and Trolls today. Watched Minions because I wanted something fun to watch. Will admit, I enjoyed it more this time around than I did the last time I watched Minions. Watched Trolls because I was in the mood to watch it again. I love how Trolls Band Together makes watching the first movie feel different, in a good way.

@WoomyNNYes Glad to hear you enjoyed Noelle. I actually forgotten Ron Funches is in the movie. Fun coicidence since he and Anna were voices in the Trolls movies (Anna voicing Poppy, and Ron voicing Cooper).

@MarioLover92 Hope you enjoy Noelle, really a nice Christmas movie.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Thanks! I haven't seen it yet since I've been busy, but I would like to see it soon.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

Watched Trolls World Tour again this morning. It's fun revisiting these after watching Trolls Band Together. Though I'd say first Trolls has more in common with the new movie. Still love the world building and musical moments the second movie does.

@MarioLover92 You're welcome, hope you enjoy the movie, even though I'm saying it again.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Servbot_EJ

I'm not much of a movie watcher, but I'm making plans to watch Godzilla Minus One this upcoming week after hearing so many good things about it. I did go ahead and watch the original 1954 Godzilla to prepare myself. Man, I haven't watched that one since I was around 7 years old!

Servbot_EJ

Sunsy

Watched Minions: The Rise of Gru this morning on Peacock because I felt like it. Love the airplane scene, mostly because the minion starts pressing every button just to get the plane to function. Anyone who's ever played their first flight sim game does that trying to take off, lol. Yeah, I've played a flight sim game before.

Edited on by Sunsy

OldManHermit

Saw Godzilla Minus One the other day, first time I've been to a big mainstream theatre in years. The film itself was fantastic, but my god, the 20-25 minutes of ads before the movie actually started was infuriating. And they had the audacity to play some of the same ads twice, oof.

OldManHermit

MarioVillager92

I finally got to see Noelle with my mom, and we absolutely loved it! It's such a sweet, charming Christmas movie with a nice story attached to it, and a few of the lines even made me chuckle. I recommend giving this movie a watch, it's on Disney+. Thank you @Sunsy for recommending this movie to me!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 You're so welcome! I'm glad you and your mom loved it.

Edited on by Sunsy

XandertheWise

rewatching the old classic Friday the 13th movies from the Deluxe Edition DVD collection set that i got from Walmart a week ago.

for the past two days so far Ive rewatched Friday the 13th 1, 2, and 3.

going to watch the Tommy Jarvis Trilogy for this week. then concentrate on wrapping up a christmas present for a White Elephant gift exhange my family is doing this coming weekend

XandertheWise

Sunsy

Five times! I've seen Trolls Band Together five times. Decided to treat my friend to see the movie again. Even for a fifth time, I still love it. Also, it's fun noticing little details I didn't catch the first time around.

Last night, watched Illumination's The Grinch because it's Christmastime and why not.

Sunsy

Apologies for double post, but... Kung Fu Panda 4 finally has its trailer!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Um...
I don't like the vibe that I felt from kungfu panda 4 trailer.
Something told me I should not watch that movie.
It's like a warning sign for me.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
About Trolls movie, I tried to watch the short clips of first movie scenes from YouTube and the story was pretty dark.
The Bergens situation and the grumpy Branch due to his guilty feelings for losing his grandma because of his golden voice.

The second movie, it was like music parade from different genre but I suddenly stopped thinking about second movie after I found one song that suddenly turned me off because I really hate that one song.
It was like a slap on my face.
My face suddenly changed from happy face to angry face after I heard one song that I really hate.

I think the third movie is the best choice for me judging from the storyline and the music choices. It's so Perfect, Perfect, Perfect !

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter That's fine and up to you. Just sharing the news on the new Kung Fu Panda movie.

Yeah, it was mostly because Branch's grandma got eaten by a bergen while he was singing. It actually brings context to why Clay said "Grandma was eaten?" in the third movie. The escape scene was touched upon in the first movie when they escaped the bergens, and brings context to why they're friendly with the trolls now.

That's fine, I take it rock music isn't your taste? Queen Barb did a cover of the song Crazy Train, with lyrics changed to acknowledge her wanting to take over the world with rock. The second movie introduces tribes based on rock, techno, classical, funk, and country.

Glad to see you love the third movie. The second movie did other genres, that third movie was very boy band heavy because of BroZone.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic