Forums

Topic: Has Disney lost it's heritage?

Posts 181 to 200 of 210

StarBoy91

@Wildvine - I absolutely enjoyed Teacher's Pet. I remember years ago having seen the Cranium board game years ago, and the art design reminded me of the cartoon. I wonder if the same art designers were involved in both?

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Bobpie

The sad thing is, all their current shows airing on Disney Channel are not at all very dissimilar, but all hqve a gimmick making them 'different'.
For example:
JONAS: Siblings; Music; Young Stars Hannah Montana: Double Life; Music; Young Stars Suite Life: Twins; Living on a Boat I'm In the Band: Crazy Hooligans; Music; Young Star Sonny With a Chance: Young Stars; Rivalry etc.

Spot the modes:
Music and Young Stars

Behind these gimmicks, the dialogue, 'jokes' and situations are all the same.
Disney's Shows are undiverse, on multiple levels.

Edited on by Bobpie

The Pie O' Bob be watching you...

YoshiSage

JadeGirl wrote:

If your talking about Lady Gaga I hate her!

/late reply fail

Ah. So you hate a real singer who can actually sing, but you're head over heals in love with three pathetic idiots who can't sing? I'm sure you have some kind of reason.

I'm gone. Good f*cking bye.

Bobpie

And what Machu said: full of teenage issues, innuendo and 'cool'.

As far as I'm concerned, Phineas and Ferb is the best show on there by a long shot, it's actually clever and original, and practically takes the crap out of itself, which is great.

and don't diss adventure time. its randomness and crazy situations are the reason it's so attractive and addictive...

Bobpie

@YoshiSage I agree about the unintelligent lines:

"MEAT backwards is TEAM!!!" -Sonny With a Chance

*twitch *

Edited on by Bobpie

YoshiSage

Yeah, I gotta side with everyone else here on Phineas and Ferb. Not the best show I've ever watched, but definitely Disney's last sliver of good in a brain-dead corporation. (Again, excluding movies.)

And Adventure Time is, quite frankly, weird random awesomeness in its purest yet darkest form. Really a show worth watching.

YoshiSage

Wildvine53 wrote:

StarBoy91 wrote:

@Wildvine - I absolutely enjoyed Teacher's Pet. I remember years ago having seen the Cranium board game years ago, and the art design reminded me of the cartoon. I wonder if the same art designers were involved in both?

I thought the same thing!

Strange just found this picture, warning contains some foul language
http://funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/933283/Walt+Disney+Awakens/

ROFL. That made my day... but Walt Disney as an anti-Semetist is a rumor. Read:

"Disney was long rumored to be anti-Semitic during his lifetime, and such rumors persisted after his death. In his massive, meticulously researched 2006 biography, Neal Gabler, the first writer to gain unrestricted access to the Disney archives, presents a detailed analysis and concludes that available evidence does not support such accusations. While Disney associated with members of the Motion Picture Alliance, a group whose leaders were known anti-Semites, he ultimately distanced himself from them, in the 1950s."

Source.

Edited on by YoshiSage

Collinhall

Yeah, Hannah Montana isn't bad, but Nickolodeon beats it in many ways, (aside from some dumb cartoons they play on Nick)

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

ToadFan

@JadeGirl, I know that some people date but mostly pretty much none dates and I didn't say that 12 year old's were having baby's. Have you been watching to much Secret Life?

Also there is going to be a channel for up to young preteens(around 12-13) called the Hub. Its supposed to be all cartoons except for some game shows you can see it at http://www.hubworld.com Its supposed to come out in October this year.

ToadFan

RandomWiiPlayer

Collinhall wrote:

Yeah, Hannah Montana isn't bad,

Yes, it is.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Macaronius

YoshiSage wrote:

Wildvine53 wrote:

StarBoy91 wrote:

Strange just found this picture, warning contains some foul language
http://funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/933283/Walt+Disney+Awakens/

ROFL. That made my day... but Walt Disney as an anti-Semetist is a rumor. Read:

"Disney was long rumored to be anti-Semitic during his lifetime, and such rumors persisted after his death. In his massive, meticulously researched 2006 biography, Neal Gabler, the first writer to gain unrestricted access to the Disney archives, presents a detailed analysis and concludes that available evidence does not support such accusations. While Disney associated with members of the Motion Picture Alliance, a group whose leaders were known anti-Semites, he ultimately distanced himself from them, in the 1950s."

Source.

It has long been believed that his anti-semetic behavior has influenced some of his artwork.
From what I have seen, I have noticed a few anti-semetic things said in his shows, such as in one episode in particular, they tell a story akin to that of the anti-semetic myth "the wandering jew." Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your religious practices), I have been unable to find this episode.

*Hunt the Hare and turn her down the rocky road
all the way to Dublin, Whack follol de rah!*

mnementh

There's no real basis for the antisemitic rumor, and like quoted above, the Neal Gabler book pretty much confirms he wasn't. Many Jewish emplyoees too, and perhaps after his death, but there have been Jewish CEO's and directors of Disney.

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

StarBoy91

Hey, mnementh, long time no see.

To each their own

Punny

Wildvine53 wrote:

StarBoy91 wrote:

You two are absolutely right! Gary Baseman, the creator of Teacher's Pet, also did the artwork for Cranium. He illustrates many other things, too.

As for Teacher's Pet, I liked it. My only gripes are that I always felt sort of sorry for Leonard (the boy). He is the butt of the joke most of the time. The major kick in the teeth for him is that his own dog is more popular than him. Also, how come nobody, except Leonard and his pets, ever suspects that Scott (Spot in disguise) is really a dog? I guess he has "Kent Clark Syndrome."

Those are really tiny gripes, though. Teacher's Pet was an enjoyable show and movie.

Edited on by Punny

I'm back (for the moment)!

ShinRPGGamer

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Collinhall wrote:

Yes, it is.

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

Joetherocker

Collinhall wrote:

You're right, it most certainly isn't bad.

It's absolutely abysmal.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

Stuffgamer1

YoshiSage wrote:

They used to create such masterpieces (namely the Lion King) that you could look past their staunch enforcement on censorship (which, to me, has always been a big fault of theirs).

It's funny to hear someone on a NINTENDO website complain about Disney's censorship. I watched Snow White a week or so ago and was impressed by the number of things in it that would've never made it past Nintendo's censorship in the 80's and early 90's. And Fantasia, still considered a "G" movie, contains animated nudity. Perhaps more recent Disney toned things down a bit, but I wouldn't judge the company as a whole on censorship. Well, excepting the fact that they refuse to rerelease The Song of the South.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.