Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 2,421 to 2,432 of 2,432

Maximumbeans

Ocarina of Time (3DS version, first time ever playing the game in any form) and the original Metroid. I can see why both are classics in their own rights. Had a lot of fun with both though Metroid was kind of hellish.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

Tyranexx

What Remains of Edith Finch (Switch) - A walking simulator with a lot of impact. Join Edith as she returns to the mysterious family home she left as a child and inherited after her mother's death. Her goal is to unravel the secrets behind what happened to each member of her family. This is done by going through a series of bedrooms - some sealed, so the player needs to find a way in - that just ooze the personalities of their former occupants. Each tale is accessed through a diary, notebook, and other creative means and tells the story of its owner through vignettes that change up the gameplay and genre each time.

What Remains of Edith Finch isn't a challenging game, nor is it longer than 2-3 hours. Where its impact lies is in the stories it weaves into the overarching mystery of the Finch family, its presentation and environmental cues (not amazing on Switch, but there's a lot of detail regarding the rooms' occupants), and its ability to make the player feel all sorts of emotions.

This tale is undoubtedly dark - it earns its T rating for a reason - but it grips the player from start to finish. It's more suited to those who like a good story instead of a challenge.

Currently playing: Ys I & II Chronicles+ (PC; Ys I: Omen), Metroid Dread

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

BinaryMessiah

Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force It didn't take as long as I thought. About five hours. Super forgettable, yet fun id Tech 3 Engine game. Dumb AI, everything takes place indoors but feels a lot like the show. They nailed the atmosphere.

BinaryMessiah

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

Shantae and the 7 sirens. Easily the best in the series, based on what I've played. Still need to try half genie hero.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Kirby: Nightmare In Dream Land (Wii U VC). Basically Kirby's Adventure, only with some different minigames and a new coat of paint. It's a fun remake of a classic Kirby title, but one that isn't exactly necessary if you've played the former game and don't wanna try unlocking Meta Knight as a playable character.

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

iLikeUrAttitude

I forgot this thread was a thing, anyway I beat Dragon Quest 8 recently

It's an amazing game and RPG and I recommend anyone whos a fan of the genre or series to try it out.
I played a modified version of the 3ds remake, with the orchestral soundtrack and content uncensored, also in Japanese dub.

Story was great, the gameplay still holds up to this day (especially with the QOL changes made to the 3ds version) and it's party members are probably some of the best you'll ever see in a video game - full of personality and charm.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

marvelis

just barely 100% completed cuphead, game is amazing and beautiful 10/10 do play

my friend code :) 0354-8770-1231

Zuljaras

And I finished Batman Arkham Origins Finally all main Arkham games finished on consoles. I have played some of them waaay back when I played only on PC.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

Fizza

Beat Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards for the very first time on NSO.
Untitled
What a brilliant game. I went into it thinking 'it'll probably be good but nowhere close to my favourite' and ended up loving it to pieces. I genuinely can't think of a single thing I disliked about it: the level design was excellent, the level themes were extremely creative throughout, the mixing of copy abilities is utterly genius and lead to some of the most fun powerups I've ever used (shoutout to Ninja Stars, Flame Sword/Lightsaber and Curling especially), the bosses were both very different from the Kirby norm and actually somewhat challening (don't get me STARTED on Miracle Matter) and THE MUSIC. OH MY GOD, THE MUSIC. Every single song is fantastic. I would list out my favourites but at that point I'd be listing out the OST itself, it's perfection. It even used the N64's weaknesses to it's advantage for crying out loud! N64 could only really do very blocky, polygonal textures? Make that the game's style, giving context for why everything looks the way it does and thus making it age far better than one would expect. The only thing I could see as a possible turn-off is that it's very short (it only took me 7 hours for 100%), but I can promise you: it doesn't feel like 7 hours whatsoever.

I genuinely don't think I've gushed about a game as hard as this since playing the Ace Attorney Trilogy for the first time back in August of last year. For the love of all that is holy, PLAY IT. Whether it's through NSO EP or general emulation, I don't mind in the slightest. This is one of those games for me that is the definition of comfort food gaming and I would love more people to try it out and see if they feel the same way.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently Playing: The Great Ace Attorney: Resolve
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
456/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 95

Tyranexx

Super Mewtroid Gato Roboto (Switch) - A short and sweet Metroidvania that heavily draws inspiration from the series (along with Castlevania) that spawned the subgenre name. You play as Kiki the cat, who must navigate a mysterious research planet via mech suit in place of her injured owner Gary. There are actually a diverse amount of suits and machines to use and traverse environments with, along with just using Kiki in some tight spots. The plot keeps you going but is predictable and isn't anything to write home about. Presentation wise, the game brings to mind nostalgic Game Boy aesthetics. There are plenty of upgrades and cartridges (these change the onscreen colors) to collect. The game is relatively short - about 3-5 hours - so it can easily be completed in a day or weekend. Decent music too, though nothing amazing.

Overall, well worth the $4 on sale and even the full $8 not when on sale. Especially if someone likes Metroidvanias and felines.

Edited on by Tyranexx

kkslider5552000

Beat Panzer Dragoon. I have no idea how faithful this remake is, so its hard for me to say how much of it is weird because its a faithful remake or because it isn't. I didn't use motion controls or anything with that in mind. But it gave me a similar feeling I got playing Out of This World/Another World or the first Resistance. In that it feels more interesting from a historical perspective than as a great video game on its own.

That being said, regardless, the limited movement and camera is so weird to me. Like I enjoyed the game but it feels so off from what logically should work in this genre at points that I have no idea how to feel about it. And I say this as someone very willing to get into 3D games with weird, questionable ideas on how movement should work.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

DreamWorks Dragons: Dawn of New Riders PS4.
It was pretty decent game by OG Games.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic