Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 3,146

NintendoByNature

I beat Clan o Connall. Nice little puzzle action platformer. Feels alot like the action of guacamelee, just not as polished. Well worth thr $5 I spent.

NintendoByNature

Zuljaras

Just finished Infernax. It is a very cool game with retro feel! It is short if you just go for the ending.

I got the ok ending, not the best

Ryu_Niiyama

Haven. I was a little sad to see my time with the main characters come to an end and the ending is a bit of a downer ending but overall it was a very fun game. And one that had characters that resonated with me. I am now a fan of the devs for this game and furi.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tyranexx

I reached the end credits of Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country on Saturday. I liked this game more than the base version of XC2, enough that I did much of the side content. I prefer the combat system in this compared to its parent game, though it isn't perfect. I also like that the plot is more condensed, the character development is decent, and that you only need to focus on a handful of Blades.

I knew what was coming at the end since I played the base game, but still...it was pretty emotional. Especially since there were a couple of curve balls I didn't see coming. The only thing I'm still really confused on is Gort. Was he Lora's...sperm donor, or just in a VERY toxic relationship with her mother?

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HarmanSmith

Hello! I am new over here and I saw this thread.

So, I want to jump in here.

I recently beat Shin Megami Tensei V. I found it very enjoyable, and right now it is my favorite SMT so far.

One thing I love about that it was that it has a very focused story. The gameplay is no slouch, either. The combat is fun and dynamic.

I love Persona 5, but it was huge, with all the characters and stories...don't get me wrong, they're superb, but I felt it was overwhelming. This one is much more manageable, and it was a blast from star to finish.

HarmanSmith

Xyphon22

Finished up Great Ace Attorney Chronicles last night. The second game definitely saved the collection. I thought the first game was probably the worst in the series, but then the second might be the second best after T&T. Although just knowing the series, I saw the final twist about who the ultimate mastermind was coming from a mile away even though there was really no evidence for it (at least that I noticed). But other than that, I found myself questioning things throughout and being genuinely surprised by where the story went. I really enjoyed this one, especially if you view it as one, 10-case game instead of two separate games.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Tyranexx

I wrapped up the last in-game puzzle in Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy earlier. This was a very good puzzle game and was a decent swansong for the Layton prequel trilogy. It contains the series's quality music, some very good puzzles (though a few were not as imaginative as previous entries, though I may just be too used to them at this point), an interesting plot, and an absolutely amazing 3D presentation. Add this one to the list of "3DS games to play in 3D". The only complaint I have is the long "egg" fetch quest; I enjoyed exploring the areas unlocked for this, but towards the end I started wishing the game would move on with the plot.

Overall, a nice ending to the "last" game that features the titular professor. I have yet to play Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy, which is meant to be a continuation of sorts. It'll be some time before I get to it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

kkslider5552000

I beat Dedede Drum Dash Deluxe. I guess. I got to the credits and the game straight up says anything else is extra.

This is genuinely one of the least anything of a Nintendo release ever. It's not bad but if I wasn't a shameless Kirby fan, I never would've bought any of these download only Kirby games, especially since they're just the minigames from the platformers but with more levels. And tbh, I've played better minigames in Kirby platformers.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

I finished My Little Pony PS4 just now.
It was really short game, I finished it in 3 hours since I got the game yesterday.
Well, I felt the game was too rush and I really wish more contents from the game.
I gave the score 6 from 10.

Anti-Matter

BinaryMessiah

I finished both inFamous games on PS3. Exactly what I thought it was going to be. Generic white bald dude with no personality in an equally soulless open-world that is just there for filler. It fell victim to many tropes in the mid-late 2000s. Open-world just to have one because Joe next door has one. No interesting characters or story. It plays really well and is fun, but it's a "weekend rental" type of series. I passed on it back in the day for these exact reasons and boy was I right. 40 hours I'll never get back. Maybe that's too harsh. I don't know.

Postal: Brain Damaged better than the regular series and actually fun. A good Quake clone if somewhat repetitive. Shadow Warrior 1 and 2 Two was pretty bad. Too many pointless RPG elements and 3 made the game way too simple and arcade-like. The first in the reboot trilogy did it the best.

The Sinking City I LOVE H.P. Lovecraft, especially in games, but no one can do it right. The best is still Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. The Sinking City looks good but has a pointless open world, and nothing it does do is done very well. sigh maybe next time.

Edited on by BinaryMessiah

BinaryMessiah

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul | Twitter:

marvelis

finished the main story in sniper elite 4 and finally beat journy to the savage planet getting it off of my backlog its been there for ages

my friend code :) 0354-8770-1231

Maximumbeans

Ocarina of Time (3DS version, first time ever playing the game in any form) and the original Metroid. I can see why both are classics in their own rights. Had a lot of fun with both though Metroid was kind of hellish.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

Tyranexx

What Remains of Edith Finch (Switch) - A walking simulator with a lot of impact. Join Edith as she returns to the mysterious family home she left as a child and inherited after her mother's death. Her goal is to unravel the secrets behind what happened to each member of her family. This is done by going through a series of bedrooms - some sealed, so the player needs to find a way in - that just ooze the personalities of their former occupants. Each tale is accessed through a diary, notebook, and other creative means and tells the story of its owner through vignettes that change up the gameplay and genre each time.

What Remains of Edith Finch isn't a challenging game, nor is it longer than 2-3 hours. Where its impact lies is in the stories it weaves into the overarching mystery of the Finch family, its presentation and environmental cues (not amazing on Switch, but there's a lot of detail regarding the rooms' occupants), and its ability to make the player feel all sorts of emotions.

This tale is undoubtedly dark - it earns its T rating for a reason - but it grips the player from start to finish. It's more suited to those who like a good story instead of a challenge.

BinaryMessiah

Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force It didn't take as long as I thought. About five hours. Super forgettable, yet fun id Tech 3 Engine game. Dumb AI, everything takes place indoors but feels a lot like the show. They nailed the atmosphere.

BinaryMessiah

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

Shantae and the 7 sirens. Easily the best in the series, based on what I've played. Still need to try half genie hero.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Kirby: Nightmare In Dream Land (Wii U VC). Basically Kirby's Adventure, only with some different minigames and a new coat of paint. It's a fun remake of a classic Kirby title, but one that isn't exactly necessary if you've played the former game and don't wanna try unlocking Meta Knight as a playable character.

iLikeUrAttitude

I forgot this thread was a thing, anyway I beat Dragon Quest 8 recently

It's an amazing game and RPG and I recommend anyone whos a fan of the genre or series to try it out.
I played a modified version of the 3ds remake, with the orchestral soundtrack and content uncensored, also in Japanese dub.

Story was great, the gameplay still holds up to this day (especially with the QOL changes made to the 3ds version) and it's party members are probably some of the best you'll ever see in a video game - full of personality and charm.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

marvelis

just barely 100% completed cuphead, game is amazing and beautiful 10/10 do play

my friend code :) 0354-8770-1231

Zuljaras

And I finished Batman Arkham Origins Finally all main Arkham games finished on consoles. I have played some of them waaay back when I played only on PC.

Fizza

Beat Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards for the very first time on NSO.
Untitled
What a brilliant game. I went into it thinking 'it'll probably be good but nowhere close to my favourite' and ended up loving it to pieces. I genuinely can't think of a single thing I disliked about it: the level design was excellent, the level themes were extremely creative throughout, the mixing of copy abilities is utterly genius and lead to some of the most fun powerups I've ever used (shoutout to Ninja Stars, Flame Sword/Lightsaber and Curling especially), the bosses were both very different from the Kirby norm and actually somewhat challening (don't get me STARTED on Miracle Matter) and THE MUSIC. OH MY GOD, THE MUSIC. Every single song is fantastic. I would list out my favourites but at that point I'd be listing out the OST itself, it's perfection. It even used the N64's weaknesses to it's advantage for crying out loud! N64 could only really do very blocky, polygonal textures? Make that the game's style, giving context for why everything looks the way it does and thus making it age far better than one would expect. The only thing I could see as a possible turn-off is that it's very short (it only took me 7 hours for 100%), but I can promise you: it doesn't feel like 7 hours whatsoever.

I genuinely don't think I've gushed about a game as hard as this since playing the Ace Attorney Trilogy for the first time back in August of last year. For the love of all that is holy, PLAY IT. Whether it's through NSO EP or general emulation, I don't mind in the slightest. This is one of those games for me that is the definition of comfort food gaming and I would love more people to try it out and see if they feel the same way.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic