Forums

Topic: Game Awards 2021

Posts 41 to 60 of 103

RupeeClock

My usual enjoyment of The Game Awards is watching another streamer like Vinesauce or Vargskelethor restream it with banter and reactions, not out of the show directly.

The show has its moments but it has annoyingly little focus on actual awards ceremony, many of the accolades being awarded off the cuff between segments designed to advertise games.
Like a miniature E3 or Summer Games Fest in that regard really, we're really there for the announcements, and maybe a little validation that your favourite game gets the recognition it deserves.

RupeeClock

Tyranexx

NintendoByNature wrote:

Some things I DONT want to see. Dozens and dozens of dlc trailers. However, I fully expect this show to have a ton of that.

I agree with this so much that I want to frame it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

VoidofLight

Doesn't seem like Nintendo is going to be at TGA this year, since they haven't put out a tweet telling people to tune into it like they'd usually do. There's a slight chance they could tweet out tomorrow before the show, but I doubt it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Grumblevolcano

@VoidofLight Does look like it, they've done a few tweets about nominees but nothing about watching the show.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snatcher

@Tyranexx Hard agree!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Tyranexx

Still debating about even watching. I might have it on for background noise...maybe. Anything worth knowing will be picked up by the news sites anyway.

@NintendoByNature Same. That and being confused about some of the category winners...but I've expanded a little on that already lol.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Magician

Even though my anticipation is set to zero for tonight's show, I continue to hope the Switch will get a couple or few third party port announcements. I need Guilty Gear Strive on Switch. Please, arcsystemworks, make it happen. Beyond that, word round the campfire is that Saber Interactive is going to shows up with a few things.

Perhaps our first Switch gameplay footage for Kindgom Come: Deliverance and/or Evil Dead: The Game?

Anywho, Nintendo needs to know the smell of the game.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

StarPoint

@Tyranexx I won't be watching it with my fullest attention, either. Might have it on in the background until anything I might be interested in catches my ear. I won't be able to watch it live, anyway, so I'll be able to fast-forward through parts that I don't care about.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

BruceCM

Yeah, I don't generally watch most such events live myself, @Tyranexx .... I'll check for any interesting bits tomorrow but, as you say, most of those will be getting around well anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx hah! Yea, I'll probably tune in. Have a beer and see what gets announced, who wins. Its only a few hours so at least it's not a weeks worth of disappointment if nothing happens lol

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@StarPoint I could watch it live, but these next few days will be the quietest for me for awhile, what with the holidays and s family wedding coming up. I'm trying to take advantage of the lull by doing some needed house upkeep lol. I might tune in at first...don't know if I'll stream the full thing.

@BruceCM To be fair, it airs quite late in your neck of the woods. Don't blame you at all.

@NintendoByNature Very true. E3 is the only thing I genuinely keep track of at this point....I must be getting old. XD

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano Yeah. Maybe it'll end up being like one of the years where they didn't tweet anything before the show, and just did it.

IceClimbers

I think it's pretty telling that the thing I'm most looking forward to is the trailer for the new Sonic movie and not, you know, an actual game.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Lagster_YT

All the Zelda stuff being on sale makes me think….

Subscribe to Lagster YT & Stay Laggy ;)

VoidofLight

@Lagster_YT Don't they always go on sale every year?

Grumblevolcano

@Lagster_YT Nominees from current and past Game Awards go on sale. BotW got a load of nominations in 2017, Link's Awakening got nominated for Best Art Direction in 2019 and Cadence of Hyrule got nominated for Best Score/Music in 2019.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

The show is 30 minutes pre-show and 3 hours event. So it'll end around 8pm PT/11pm ET/4am GMT.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic