Forums

Topic: Game Awards 2021

Posts 61 to 80 of 103

Snatcher

I hope its good this time around LMAO.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

NintendoByNature

As long as we get botw, mp4, pikmin 4, MPT, WW/TP HD, a new DKC, new FE, and a new punchout, I won't be disappointed 🙃

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature Sadly, that's probably way too much. This isn't a Nintendo direct, and we'd be lucky to even get one of those things. I feel like Nintendo's probably just going to do nothing.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

NintendoByNature

@VoidofLight lol I was just being a fool for fun. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if none of those were here tonight. It'll probably be some one off exclusive no one was expecting like bravely default or marvel ultimate alliance.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

I'm excited for the Game Awards but this time only really on the Xbox side given both Nintendo and Sony could get away with not revealing anything given early 2022 is known enough.

• Switch has Pokemon Legends Arceus in January (TPC does their own thing so could be a Pokemon Presents in early January like in 2020 or random trailers at some point) and Triangle Strategy in March
  • PS4/PS5 has Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection in January, Horizon Forbidden West in February and Gran Turismo 7 in March
  • Xbox is pretty much completely unknown until summer 2022 with Redfall

Hope both do show something though.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

Maggie Robertson won the best performance award for her role in Resident Evil Village! That’s so cool

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

Ok sonic looks so good. they did the red boy justice.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Matt_Barber

Metroid Dread takes the Action Adventure category.

That's quite a win given the competition it was up against.

Matt_Barber

Cynas

Did not expect It Takes Two to win, but it was my personal GoTY as well, so I'm happy it got the recognition it deserves. Really wonderful game.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Snatcher

Yes that was waaay better then last year. 8/10

Blooper987

Easily deserved it. This game was the underdog out of the nominees but was an absolute gem. It's insane that Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony all had games nominated, but lost to a game by a much smaller studio. I'm absolutely delighted and just wanna say.

I told ya so, It Takes Two was the sleeper pick and could easily surprise yall. Happy with the outcome

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

kkslider5552000

RE8 winning would've been boring, Deathloop winning would've been slightly less boring (neither of these are "bad" choices, presumably). An indie game winning is pretty cool though.

This was the most perfectly acceptable (well by its own relatively low standards) show. Nothing blew me away, nothing (that I saw) particularly annoyed me. Award winners were fine (though I missed best RPG so if Cyberpunk won, let me know so I can be mad :V). And Metroid Dread didn't win GOTY but Metroid getting any award, any deserved recognition is good enough for me and it lost to an indie game which is neat.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

So the Switch stuff was:

• New trailer for MH Rise Sunbreak
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
  • Cuphead DLC release date trailer
  • New trailer for Dying Light 2
  • New trailer for Plague Tale Requiem
  • New trailer for the Gollum game
  • Sonic Frontiers
  • 3 ads comparable to 2019's "Nintendo Switch has Games"

Think that was it.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snatcher

@Blooper987 I'm going to check this game out now LMAO.

Eel

I’ve only seen a few videos of the game, but it seems a bit too graphically busy/confusing for my liking.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Matt_Barber

I'm not sure you could strictly call It Takes Two an indie game given that it's published by EA. Still, Hazelight are a relatively small studio who've come a long way since their first game, so it's very much deserved.

Nintendo were robbed in the Family Game category though. At least it takes a somewhat creative interpretation of the category to have a Teen-rated game win it.

Matt_Barber

Tyranexx

I got home from work later than intended and had a busy evening to boot, but I did catch about fifteen minutes of the show and saw a bit of the Hellblade II action before losing interest a little after that segment. I just saw the list of winners over on Destructoid. To TGA's credit, the winners are more varied this year. I don't feel I can personally comment on any of the winners as I haven't played them (though I'm now somewhat interested in trying Tales of Arise as my first game in that series, and Metroid on my Christmas list), but I am pleased that Metroid Dread grabbed a win. After being a less popular Nintendo series for some time, I feel like Metroid is finally getting its due.

(Edit: Why did I think Tales of Arise was on the Switch too? There goes that plan....)

As for It Takes Two, I recall the game being shown during last year's TGAs and thought it looked mildly interesting; it's a shame it isn't on platforms I commonly game on so I can try it, though I'm not too chuffed with online co-op anyway. That, and it was published (though thankfully not made) by EA, and I try very hard to avoid buying anything they'll earn revenue from.

As an aside, I'm more familiar with the It Takes Two movie featuring the Olsen twins

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ralizah

That was about as bad as I expected.

At least we finally got a release date for that Cuphead DLC, though, so I'm happy enough.

That open world looking Sonic game is interesting, too. And I'm low-key excited to see more of that Wonder Woman game.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NintendoByNature

I guess I was right for the most part.

NintendoByNature wrote:

@VoidofLight lol I was just being a fool for fun. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if none of those were here tonight. It'll probably be some one off exclusive no one was expecting like bravely default or marvel ultimate alliance.

Even thinking there wouldn't be any of the heavy hitters here for N, I did think switch would get at least one exclusive game we can hang our hats on(like a BD2 or MUA3). But nothing...surprised by that actually.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic