Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,574

TheFrenchiestFry

Untitled

Literally the worst decision Sony made regarding Spider-Man. Yes worse than Spider-Man 3, Amazing Spider-Man 2 and a Spider-Man-less Venom movie. If they can bring back this series with Sony and Disney co-producing it I'd probably lose my crap more than I did when Clone Wars S7 was announced

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Snatcher

I'm gonna wait for the movie to hit streaming, but Venom 2 has a end C scene, its been leaked by many people and its insane!

Just look it up on youtube if you want to know.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Ryu_Niiyama

Amazing Spiderman 74 almost made One More Day worth it. I'm still bitter as hell about one more day, (I think in part because Peter Parker/MJ are the only heterosexual couple I've ever been emotionally invested in, but I grew up on the 90's TAS so it makes sense) but I love the hint that Mayday Parker is likely the savior of Earth from Mephisto..there's something both hilarious and considering how much sass little girl Mayday had when she was giving her idiot dad a dressing down during one more day (I still don't understand how he didn't figure out what/who she was then) it is somehow fitting.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

jump

My mind has been blown. It turns out Mr Fantastic has the power to stretch, I just thought Jack Kirby was rubbish at drawing him and in fairness why doesn't he have a name like Super Stretch instead of Fantastic!?

Untitled

Also I saw the Spider Man flick, very good. I can't believe Tobey Maguire wasn't asked to come back but the Japanese Spider Man was!

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

RR529

I just finished binging the back half of What If?.

I had procrastinated on watching this one (started last weekend), but I'm glad I got around to it. The first couple episodes were a bit slow, but I thought it picked up by episode 3, and then by episode 4 (the Doctor Strange one) it was absolutely fire. There were some ups & downs after that, but the last few were absolutely amazing.

A couple notes:

• I was surprised to see Spider-Man show up given the whole rights juggling act. I assume that since it's a TV series instead of a movie (and animated) that it lets them bypass whatever rights Sony has? It certainly wasn't Tom Holland voicing him, that's for sure.
  • I could be misremembering, but I thought Loki confirmed that the Infinity Stones were powerless outside their home universe/reality? Ultron should have been screwed if that's the case.
  • It would be an absolute shame if the show's events (or at least some of it's universes) weren't at least referenced in Multiverse of Madness. I think a version of "Evil" Strange is confirmed to appear, so here's hoping.
  • Just a neat observation. Under the tab where they list all the MCU movies/series in timeline order, they have What If? listed right after Loki, which is neat given that the latter ends with the multiverse being unleashed.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

@RR529 Sony sold back both the toys (based on the Sony films) and tv show rights a decade ago in return for concessions on Spider Man usage.

It shows how Sony really didn't understand what they had with Spider Man or how to use him so they got Marvel to make those films. I find it odd people have now started rewriting history and they want them making Spider Man films again based on No Way Home, they have completely forgotten want a dumpster fire Amazing Spider Man 2 was or their meddling with messed up Spider Man 3 and 4. Lol

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Kermit1doesmath

I'm getting tired of superhero things in general, over-saturation in my opinion.

dysgraphia awareness human

jump

@Kermit1 and of course the very best place to express that is the marvel thread.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

@Kermit1 that sounds like even worse trolling than what you are doing now.

This may shock you but you don’t have to watch superheroes things, there’s actually more new good movies/shows that aren’t silly jaunty costumes people. The majority of the movies I’ve paid to see at the cinema or binge watched shows are not the MCU. If your bubble consists solely of watching superheroes then that’s on you. It’s like someone who keeps watching 12 hours of wrestling every week or those biddies who watch 2-3 hours of soaps every weekday yet complain that’s all they watch.

Don’t get me wrong I’m bored of people talking about the MCU non-stop but that’s more because out of all the movies and shows I’ve seen MCU is disposable popcorn entertainment aimed at kids rather than those amazeballs shows and movies that are worthy of such obsession. Yet if people are so obsessed with Marvel then maybe there is still not enough for them.

Nicolai wrote:

Kermit1doesmath

@jump I haven't watched a superhero thing in months. I've been watching shows like The Office and Seinfeld and now Star Trek.

jump

@Kermit1 That's very Antimatter like, burst into a thread declare you have no interest in the topic and talk about the things you do like. ;p

You could say the same thing about there being too many sitcoms or space shows, there's 5 Star Trek shows at the moment and loads of Star Wars shows plus others like The Orville, The Expanse, Another Life etc. Same applies to crime procedurals, cooking shows, anime, wrestling or any other number of genres. The thing is it is possible to build your bubble, algorithms, social media webs and all that jazz so the silly jaunty costumed people who use might to make right shows and movies don't even come onto your radar but if people want to keep talking and obsessing it over then it's their own fault for keep talking and obsessing over it.

Nicolai wrote:

Kermit1doesmath

@jump Ok... I have been reading Superman comics soo I'm not sick of superheroes just tired of the movies and tv shows as of now.

Ryu_Niiyama

Personally I am still loving the MCU. I don’t know if it is getting to see so much of my 90’s kid dreams realized or if it’s because I have in turn gotten back into comics (don’t appreciate the new monthly bill though) but I feel like comics still tell stories that I want to see but can’t find in other genres. The mcu tv shows (daredevil, agents of shield, agent carter) got me actually watching tv regularly as opposed to pretty much never.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

jump

@Ryu_Niiyama Yeah that is what keeps me coming back to the MCU and other comics films/shows. The Marvel movies/shows are okay solid enough entertainment and occasionally really outstanding but it's really a chance to see these characters you have loved and followed for years and years since you were a kid come to life.

Nicolai wrote:

Kermit1doesmath

If the MCU is a re-imagined version of our earth, what do you think your other (fictional) self is doing.

I'm probably this guy.
Untitled

Ryu_Niiyama

My MCU verse self is trying to get Agent May’s phone number. And likely getting tossed out of a plane. Worth it!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

@jump yeah I will go down with the ship that Fox made terrible x-men movies but Patrick Stewart was always my pick for Prof X during the playground arguments. And when they did that nod to the 90s cartoon in multiverse of madness I lost it. (Should have put Monica as Captain Marvel but that was the best they could do with how they made Monica younger than Carol now. Since she was you know… the actual second Captain Marvel..but whatever.) Still if someone had told younger me there would be over a decade of good to great Marvel movies I would have called that person a liar.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Kermit1doesmath

I love X-Men but I only like X2 and the 90s cartoon comics aside.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic