Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,574

Blooper987

Just watched Loki. It is so much better than the last two shows already!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

TheFrenchiestFry

I was not prepared for how that new Shang Chi trailer would end

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

RR529

Binged Loki over the weekend.

• I'm an absolute sucker for time travel narratives so I really enjoyed that aspect of it (I kind of wish that they would have spent more time in alternate timelines, though that might be a bigger part in season 2 considering how this one ended).
  • I'm a bit confused at Loki's apparent nerfing. He was able to hold his own (and seemed to have the advantage) against Cap in Avengers, and being rag dolled by Hulk didn't seem to inflict any serious damage to him (this picks up moments after the fact), yet here it seems he's out of his depth any time he's up against more than 2 or 3 guards at a time (which we learn are regular humans some time in. Unless they've been physically enhanced to deal with threats like him, but if so the show doesn't mention it. Even if that was the case, it doesn't explain how he was able to be overpowered by that big trucker dude Sylvie was enchanting, unless she's able to transfer her own strength to those she controls).
  • Also, I can't be the only one who thought the romantic element was really weird?

Still an enjoyable show though. I probably liked it more than Falcon & Winter Soldier, but I still think WandaVision edges it out.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Mr-Fuggles777

Watched Black Widow over the weekend and it's the worst MCU movie I've ever seen.

Spoilers below !!!!!!

The plot and timeline are all over the place and they have gender swapped and written a non-sensical backstory for Taskmaster just to push the "GirlPower" emphasis of the movie - There are literally a handful of Male characters, and they are all either incompetent or evil and incompetent which feels at odds from what we've seen from previous male heroes.

The film reminded me of dumbed down version of Red Sparrow with the sex and darker tones replaced with some stupid "family" subplot.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Themagusx1

How many of you are enjoying the current run ofThor? The idea of Thor being the herald if Galactus and their conflicts are just so fun and well done.

Themagusx1

TheFrenchiestFry

Really appreciating Marvel coming out with the Mighty Marvel Masterworks line. I've never had the chance to own material from Lee, Ditko and Kirby physically so I'm for sure nabbing the first volume of their reprints of the classic Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and Hulk stories

TheFrenchiestFry

Octane

Gonna see Black Widow on Friday, but I was surprised to see that it only gets one showing, at 5PM on a Friday. Most other films get multiple that same day, even films that have released before it. Guess it's not doing that well?

Octane

jump

@Octane Nah, it's the biggest box office flick of the year so far. The problem is this year has rammed 2020 and 2021 movies into one year so films only get treated as big for a couple of weeks and since Black Widow came out Jungle Cruise, The Suicide Squad, Old, Space Jam 2, GI Joe, Free Guy have all come out which take up viewings.

Unless maybe it's a regional thing as when I saw The Suicide Squad last week there were multiple showings of Black Widow but just not as many as Jungle Cruise or Suicide Squad. Or maybe people are paying silly money to watch it on Disney+ now?

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

chapuH

@Octane I think it's doing OK at the box office for a Marvel movie ($264m worldwide as of July 18). People are saying it's a failure as it recorded a 67% drop in the second weekend. This is a lot by Disney and Marvel standards but we are in a pandemic. With $132 million at the US box office, it could become the first 2021 movie to pass the US $200m mark. So, it's not doing badly, just not performing to pre-pandemic levels. I'm not sure about your showing conundrum, as surely a film making a lot of money would have many screenings to maximise profit. Maybe it isn't making much in your area?

Hope you're having a good day.

TheFrenchiestFry

It'll be interesting to see how they handle Shang-Chi now that Black Widow's taken a sizable hit. Apparently the movie's only scheduled to have a 45-day theatrical window before going straight to Disney Plus around October

We also still don't have a Spider-Man trailer yet despite the mountains of merch surrounding the film already available at retail and online stores. My assumption is they're holding off for now until Sony is confident the movie will have legs at the box office by the time it hits its intended release date in December due to the fact they can't do a streaming release given the lack of their own streaming service to supply content on

TheFrenchiestFry

Octane

@jump Yeah I guess. Still, I would've expected more options a mere month after it came out.

Octane

kkslider5552000

I saw it a couple of weeks ago but I had what I feel is probably a fairly unique experience watching Black Widow.

Like objectively, its a decent but not especially remarkable movie. A bit darker than most of the MCU in some engaging ways I wanted since that one flashback from Age of Ultron (but not as far as they could've gone) and the editing in fight scenes sucks. Otherwise, its fine, its enjoyable enough. But I got a real sense of sadness from the whole thing, like I found enough of the movie just a bit upsetting to watch in a weird way. And it wasn't the movie as much as like looking at everything surrounding this character, both IRL and in-universe, its upsetting, and the movie reflects that (even with the bits of happiness and humor), so I found it to be a fairly engaging movie in a way that made me sad. And all the bad things that happened to the character, including that terrible scene from Endgame that sucked and was also bad...did unintentionally lead to me liking this movie more than I would have otherwise.

Again, most people are obviously not gonna take that from this movie, I just thought this experience was interesting.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheFrenchiestFry

So I just finished the first arc in the current Miles Morales run by Saladin Ahmed

It's crazy how much of a template the ITSV version of the character has set forth for upcoming comics featuring the character since now there's no restrictions or boundaries that can't be crossed with how limited Bendis' take on the character was in terms of basically everything. His only distinguishable trait before was that he was a person of color, but now he has an entirely different motive that lives well outside of Peter's activities, he has his own, well-defined social circle that's nothing like Peter's and he has his own way of interacting with other characters in costume that has basically broken him away from Peter Parker's shadow completely. He's an actual good character now and all the material that's come since when he was integrated into the mainstream 616 continuity has been signficantly of a higher caliber than his Ultimate Marvel stories. This was a great first arc for Miles as New York's second Spider-Man

Side note, but I'd love to see more of him working with villains in particular scenarios like when he joined forces with Rhino and Captain America to apprehend the Snatcher from enslaving children like Aleksei's niece and the kid his love interest was babysitting. That whole issue was so much fun.

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Marvel Comics are coming out with a series of Infinity Saga-themed variant covers for select issues in November inspired by the six films of the MCU's first phase (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers). They've currently revealed the variant covers inspired by Iron Man and The Avengers, being attached to Iron Man (2018) #50 and The Avengers (2018) #50

Untitled

Untitled

TheFrenchiestFry

kkslider5552000

Spiderman: No Way to Avoid Spoilers

I'm so mad about that. God forbid something be a surprise, ever.

jump

I'm still waiting for a comic accurate take on Spider-Man. I want Spider Man's teenage girlfriend to cheat on him with a creepy middle aged man so she then has to move to Paris to have his kids and he throws her off a bridge in punishment. C'mon Marvel it's not hard!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kkslider5552000

jump wrote:

I'm still waiting for a comic accurate take on Spider-Man. I want Spider Man's teenage girlfriend to cheat on him with a creepy middle aged man so she then has to move to Paris to have his kids and he throws her off a bridge in punishment. C'mon Marvel it's not hard!

I'm still waiting for the 200 episode long clone focused Spiderman series.

TheFrenchiestFry

@jump I want Aunt May to get engaged to Otto Octavius and for Norman Osborn to impregnate Gwen Stacy with an illegitimate child she raises in London

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Midnight Sons done by the XCOM guys sounds wicked

Love some of the roster choices. Seeing Blade, Magik, the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider, Wolverine and Doctor Strange was sick. Hope they get some of the other members from the comics like Frank Castle and Michael Morbius

TheFrenchiestFry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic