Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,574

TheFrenchiestFry

Immortal Hulk is probably one of the best Hulk series I've read since the Bruce Jones era. Honestly in the 1% possibility Marvel and Universal make up to produce at least one more solo Hulk film I'd love for them to adapt this particular run. Maestro is probably one of the more interesting Hulk variants in a long time and makes for a really vicious antagonist

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

jump

@TheFrenchiestFry yeah, Maestro is great.

I’d think Marvel need to be careful about the evil version trope in the MCU though as it can only pulled once before it seems just dumb and there’s a few they could use like Hydra Cap played by Chris Evans, various Spidey-clones, The Maker would be a good alternative if they choose not to use Doom in FF, gods knows how many there are in X-Men etc. If I had to choose just one I’d go with Hydra Cap over Maestro, just because people would go nuts over it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

@ToadBrigade I've not seen anything past the first two episodes of WandaVision yet as I'm saving them to watch in a massive binge later.

You can use spoliers like these [ spolier] put words here [/ spoiler ] but take out the spaces within the [ ] so it works.

like this

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

SkullDragr

@jump I think that's wise. Each week long wait for one 20 something minute episode is lame in our spoiled "Netflix drops the whole season at once" days. Just when I'm really starting to get into the episode, here come the credits. I feel like waiting from here on out, but I'm also worried about spoilers ruining it for me.

SkullDragr

My Nintendo: SkullDragr

Mr-Fuggles777

@ToadBrigade its definitely getting good and we can now place where Wandavision fits into the MCU timeline.
more or less immediately after she came back from the Blip. I imagine the show will go on to cover how she created the field around West view after respawning and finding that vision is still dead and having a bit of a meltdown - possibly using his powered down body, which could explain the grey flash seen at the end when she let her guard slip.

Originally I thought (and was hoping) this was going to kick-start phase 4 with Wanda loosing her mind and going down the disassembled/ house of M arc, unfortunately I don't think this will be the case - we have already seen her back in control of her powers during the "girl power" scene in Endgame so there's only a relatively short time between Westview and the final confrontation with Thanos

Edited on by Mr-Fuggles777

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

TheFrenchiestFry

Just finished the Hunted arc of the Nick Spencer Spider-Man run

Damn that was good. Felt like a spiritual successor to the Kraven's Last Hunt storyline and Curt Connors' development is really well done. Arcade is also really fun and bonkers whenever he's on panel

TheFrenchiestFry

Mr-Fuggles777

@ToadBrigade I need to rewatch endgame as I can't remember how long passes in the universe. If Wanda came back at the start and then was fighting Thanos at the end that will give us the time frame for how mental she can go in this and for how long

Edited on by Mr-Fuggles777

Mr-Fuggles777

@TheFrenchiestFry Hunted was such a good arc and the ending caught me off guard. I'm really enjoying Nick Spencers run with the book.
Have you been reading Last Remains?

jump

GOD DAMN INTERNET RUINED THE LATEST EPISODE OF WANDAVISION!!!!

Now that they have started the actual mystery and stopped being an old skool sitcom and are just doing an homage/setting of them it's really improved the show, I don't think I could take 9 episodes of it being a poor version of rubbish sitcoms. The "recasting" of Quicksilver is brilliant! I'm not expecting it to lead to a crossover with the Fox X-Men but this is a fun wink to them and works as a homage to sitcoms recasting peopleas well. Also notice how he was introduced the moment when Vision and Wanda were close to actually talking about Westview...something is afoot

@ToadBrigade Did she create Westview though? the show is suggesting that but there's no proof she did ;p Maybe the Mind Stone is back and created it for her or there's a baddie like Mephisto about doing it.

Also didn't anyone hear about the pre-Disney plans for Deadpool 3? It was apparently going to be a Hugh Jackman Wolverine and Deadpool road movie which isn't happening now, that sounds brillaint!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama

@jump she didn’t create westview, she hijacked it. The town exists, but anyone from the area (like the cops in the beginning) but don’t live in the city proper think they are from “Eastview”. That’s why they made the point of showing the welcome to Westview sign.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

jump

@Ryu_Niiyama Tbh I just couldn't be arsed to write "the illusory hex mystery thing affecting Westview reality" ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama

Wandavision is really punching it up. The villain was obvious but not how the villain was involved or motive. So there is still plenty of room for a twist or two I think. I’m loving that Monica is getting her spotlight after being snubbed by the Captain Marvel movie. I enjoyed Captain Marvel, but it should not have been a Carol Danvers flick. Especially with how they wrote the power handoff. They had to rewrite Monica in the movie to make Carol a fit for Captain Marvel.

Monica was the first human Captain Marvel long before Carol and until she got sidelined by a executive suit and her writer was FIRED for protesting that decision; she was both a popular character and positive representation (although the mission that got her, her powers was a bit silly). Anyway.

I am hurting for Wanda and I am glad that at least Monica has her back.

On the comics side I have all of the Alex Ross timeless covers virgin except two which I will pick up in two weeks. Took 6 comic stores and ebay but I got it done despite only finding out about them 2 weeks ago. I’ll hunt down a few of the sketch covers later. Alex Ross is my favorite artist so I had to have these even though I stopped reading comics years ago. The bad part is I ended up picking up some other stories. The good part is my local comic store has shortchanged me on every transaction so once this is done I will be exiting comics again. Which saves me money.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

TheFrenchiestFry

I feel like anyone who's even read a lick of Scarlet Witch/Doctor Strange comics called that Agnes would be Agatha Harkness

TheFrenchiestFry

jump

@Ryu_Niiyama I diagree about Monica should have Cap Marvel in the movie. Carol Danvers is the bigger character out of the two, has more logical ties to Captain Marvel unlike Monica who just turned up as Cap Marvel one day without a handover and it's in line with what the comics are doing.

Nicolai wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama

@jump ok, you are welcome to feel that way.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Mr-Fuggles777

Anyone else excited for the new Alien book coming this month from Marvel

pilot

I just gotta say how hyped I am for falcon and the winter soldier. Theyre two of my favorite characters and the trailer looked great! Hopefully the show will end up being better than the trailer 😊

Boutta go on a pokemon mania

Mr-Fuggles777

@pilot I'm looking forward to it, hopefully it doesn't fizzle out and leave as many plot holes as WandaVision did.

pilot

absolutely loved the first episode of falcon and the winter soldier! I was very suprised and confused with the new captain america thing. Who is that? How will he affect the story going forward?

pilot

Also I couldnt stop thinking of New Captain America XL! 😂

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic