Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,574

the_shpydar

It all depends on how his contract is written. His 6-film contract may not include the cameo-type appearances; they may have been separately negotiated or included in a different clause in the contract (especially if they were filmed while he was already in the process of filming another Marvel film, such as during shoots of Cap 3 or something).

All that being said, i think it's pretty much a lock that he'll sign a new contract or re-negotiate (if the contract has some sort of options included, which is likely) for additional films. It'll surely all depend on what money he'll be looking for and what plans Marvel has for the upcoming Phases of the MCU. It's possible that Marvel is keeping the option open to go with Bucky-Cap or Falcon-Cap in the MCU depending on what Evans decides to do.

Meanwhile, i am cautiously excited for Logan for two main reasons - first, i'm really curious to see what they do with the Old Man Logan storyline (probably my favorite Wolverine story of all time), and second, X-23 (a character i absolutely love)!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

jump

I've just burned through reading all of Ms Marvel, such a fantastic comic. She's tapped into the feeling of Spider-Man of the silver age and surpassed the update telling rivals like Spider Gwen (which suffers from world building) and Ultimate Spider-Man.

I'd honestly be excited if the Captain Marvel movie focussed on Kamala Khan more than Danvers.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheFrenchiestFry

Matt Fraction Hawkeye >>>>> MCU Hawkeye

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

jump

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

Matt Fraction Hawkeye >>>>> MCU Hawkeye

Kate Bishop > Clint Barton

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Tasuki

Sad news tonight Chadwick Boseman who played Black Panther has lost his battle with Colon cancer. Thoughts go out to his family.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Zeldafan79

@Tasuki
Well that....sucks. I guess they'll be recasting him then. Had they even started making the sequels yet?

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

jump

That’s out of no where! Damn he was really taking off too. RIP!

Also him as Black Panther on SNL was great;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hzMzFGgmQOc

@Zeldafan79 Black Panther wasn’t apart of the next phase of films to be released which were then all delayed due to coivd but I’d imagine they had started work on it, at the very least on the concept level.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

I’ve watched the first couple of episodes of Wandavision, I’m not too sure if I like it or not yet. I think the first episode was played too straight in its homage to classic sitcoms with the second balancing the tease of the bigger mysteries with its sitcom setting better.

Nicolai wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama

So I’ve been bitten by the comic card bug again. I went to a comic book store last week and they had a few loose sets and that set me to combing my binders.

Went on ebay and completed a few sets I had holes in. Gonna take a break until I get a few new binders and sleeves and take inventory. I have a box or two and a binder that is half finished so I don’t want to buy duplicates. I’d forgotten how much I love comic cards (more than comic books actually) and it was nice to get that rush again. Even better, I replaced a print that had been stolen from me about 23 years ago.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Mr-Fuggles777

@jump I've just watched the 3rd episode and I think it's going to go down a similar path to Disassembled and House of M, ready for wave 4 of the MCU and a "new" Avengers.
I wouldn't be surprised if the next MCU wave takes heavy influence from the Secret Invasion Arc - especially given how the Skrulls were introduced at the end of Wave 3.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

jump

@Mr-Fuggles777 I've not watched the third episode yet, I'm planning on letting them build up now and blasting through them in time for the final.

Yeah House of M mixed with Tom King's Vision series seem to be the source material for the show but Phase 4 seems to be very multi-verse centric as was teased with the last Spider-Man (but then had the rug pulled) and the names of the Ant-Man & Doctor Strange films and the casting rumors' of Spider-Man 3 bringing back the prior movies cast.

They have announced a Secret Invasion tv series with Samuel L Jackson/Nick Fury being the focus of it. Personally looking forward to Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 and Blade the most, Mahershala Ali is great casting.

Nicolai wrote:

Mr-Fuggles777

@jump I'm still quietly hoping they bring Emma Stone in as Ghost Spider for the new Spiderman movie seeming as they are doing the multiverse stuff because it seems weird having 3 Peters.
There was also talk of a Spiderwoman (Jessica) movie but im not sure if its still in early development or just Internet gossip.

I hadn't heard about the Secret Invasion series so will keep an eye out for that. I'm struggling to get excited for Blade - it's going to be weird without Wesley Snipes in the lead.

Sony are also doing some interesting stuff with Spidey characters, even though Venom and Morbius are really strange without having spiderman in their origin stories.

Mr-Fuggles777

Talking Spiderman, has anyone else been reading Last Remains?
I'm not sure if it was a worthwhile 50 issue wait to see the Kindred reveal I wish it was a new character instead of Harry again but its been an interesting arc - just waiting on the last few issues to see how it all plays out in the end.

Edited on by Mr-Fuggles777

jump

@Mr-Fuggles777 Snipes back would be great but apparently they talked to him and he was asking for insane money and given his age they wouldn't squeeze that many movies out of him. I really like the Mahershala Ali casting though, he's great in everything he's in and has already popped up in a few non-MCU Marvel shows and films as Cottonmouth in Luke Cage and The Prowler in The Spider-Verse film.

I like Emma Stone but I'd like a younger and punker Spider-Gwen (I hate that Spider-Ghost name!), I can't think of someone in particular though. McKenzie Davis when she was in Halt & Catch Fire would have been great but I hated when they kept casting 30 year olds as teenagers in Spider Man so she's out.

Tbh Venom was fun but only because it was so stupid, the next one with Carnage could be good though. I'm hoping if there is a third Venom film it would go full crazy and have Grendel as the baddie, a symbiote dragon would so stupid and/or fun!

Nicolai wrote:

Mr-Fuggles777

@jump I stopped buying the Spider-Gwen books after Jason Latour finished (Shame the Gwenom arc didn't really go anywhere) and they changed the name to Ghost-Spider as the quality dropped. Although I have picked up the SpiderGwen vs Carnage crossover from the King in Black arc (which was a crossover with way to many issues for me to get fully invested in)
What about Maisie Williams as Gwen?
Or Chloe Grace Moretz, she played a mean HitGirl yet still has that naivety needed for the role.

I'm looking forward to seeing Woody Harrelson doing Carnage, although Jack Earle Haley would have been my casting choice after his Rorschach.

jump

@Mr-Fuggles777 Yeah, I did notice I liked the idea of Spider-Gwen more than I actually like the comic itself. I reckon they need to get the right writer to find her voice and then it will really pull together like how Frank Miller got Daredevil or Chris Clairmont for X-Men and then other writers built on that.

I'm not sure on Chloe Grace Moretz and Maisie Williams myself. Best I can think for Spider-Gwen casting is Saoirse Ronan (from Mary Queen of Scots and Lady Bird) but even in her mid-20s she seems too old.

I can't really comment on Last Remains. I only read Batman and Bat-related comics regularly but I will read collected runs from writers/artists I like or if I hear if somethings is really good.

Nicolai wrote:

Mr-Fuggles777

@jump ASM is pretty much the only book I read from Marvel nowadays, which is a shame because I used to get about 15 a month but quality dropped or the ones I was reading stopped.
I'm hoping for a new Moon Knight run before the show drops - im still unsure how they are going to capture the different personalities on screen without most of the show ending as an internal monologue.
Another book I was sorry to see stopped was GwenPool - I don't think peoplenbothered to read it though as most I've spoke with about her just assumed she was a gender swapped deadpool and another SJW character like Squirrel Girl.

I dont read much from DC, I think the last series I read was Doomsday Clock - and that was only because it was sold as the Watchmen sequel.

jump

@Mr-Fuggles777 Yeah I didn’t bother with Gwenpool either. It seemed to me like another comedy meta comic which is fine but I’ve got enough of a reading backlist as it unless it’s gonna be something really special.

I’d imagine Moon Knight would take influences from Split and Doom Patrol which have multiple personalities in the plot already.

I never like the idea of being just a DC or Marvel guy. It just seems silly to me. I will slightly gravitate toward DC more simply because they generally hire the writers I like the more often but in general it’s quality first for me. The only exception I have is for Batman (not even DC) because the accepted level of quality is much higher since Batman has probably the best bunch of stories/runs in comics and there is more competition to be his writer so you can’t get away with slacking off.

Nicolai wrote:

Mr-Fuggles777

@jump I really liked how they developed Gwenpool over the series but yeah it was pretty much a comedy meta comic lol
Most of my sub nowadays are Indy books, along with the Power Rangers from Boom and Spawn from Image.

As for DC, it's just there hasnt been anything coming out recently that has grabbed my attention. They do have some amazing writers but I prefer their other books than those with the DC cast, like Wytches from Scott Snider and Rose by Meredith Finch.

A really good book that is just coming to an end (after several delays) is Seven to Eternity. If you like a darker tale where lines between protagonist and antagonist aren't quite defined then it is definitely worth a look. A great story of betrayal and greed.

jump

@Mr-Fuggles777 I will check out Seven to Eternity when I get a chance, I vaguely recognize one of the names working on it from their time on some Hellboy stuff.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic