Forums

Topic: Concerning Hobbits, Dwarves, Kings, Thrones and Legend

Posts 121 to 140 of 146

LordTendoboy

shingi_70 wrote:

They did okay. The biggest problem were waiting too long in between movies and not doing it in order.

Well that's because the films changed distribution partners. Walden Media produced all the movies. Disney distributed "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" and "Prince Caspian", and 20th Century Fox distributed "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader". I'm reading about it on Wikipedia, and according to the article: The Magician's Nephew was to be the fourth entry to the series, but in fall 2011 Walden Media's contract with the C.S. Lewis Estate expired, meaning another Narnia film is on hold indefinitely.

Good thing this didn't happen with Harry Potter or Tolkien's movies.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LordTendoboy

Tasuki wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

MGM and Warner Bros. are producing it? How did MGM get involved? I thought Warner Bros. and New Line owned the film rights to Tolkien movies.

Warner Bros merged with New Line back in 2008.

Yeah, but what does MGM have to do with the film?

[...

Rensch

pixelman wrote:

Please please please tell me there isn't some sort of love story BS going on between Gandalf and Galadriel. That shot was extremely worrisome.

Otherwise looks great.

I noticed that as well, but I'm pretty confident that's not the case. I can't imagine them being that insane.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Aviator

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

MGM and Warner Bros. are producing it? How did MGM get involved? I thought Warner Bros. and New Line owned the film rights to Tolkien movies.

Warner Bros merged with New Line back in 2008.

Yeah, but what does MGM have to do with the film?

Because... they're making the film too?

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

retired_account

Rensch wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Please please please tell me there isn't some sort of love story BS going on between Gandalf and Galadriel. That shot was extremely worrisome.

Otherwise looks great.

I noticed that as well, but I'm pretty confident that's not the case. I can't imagine them being that insane.

I hope you're right, but man... it looked an awful like "tragic love story about wizard who gets old and elf who has eternal youth but can't be together because of _____."

I mean they've got an elf chick in here for Legolas or something. Please don't wreck this PJ.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Magi

Here are two Game of Thrones RPG trailers I saw on Kotaku
[youtube:qrPJXyJbgHw]
[youtube:DAhORmqlkwg]

Edited on by Magi

Magi

Tasuki

tendoboy1984 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

They did okay. The biggest problem were waiting too long in between movies and not doing it in order.

Well that's because the films changed distribution partners. Walden Media produced all the movies. Disney distributed "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" and "Prince Caspian", and 20th Century Fox distributed "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader". I'm reading about it on Wikipedia, and according to the article: The Magician's Nephew was to be the fourth entry to the series, but in fall 2011 Walden Media's contract with the C.S. Lewis Estate expired, meaning another Narnia film is on hold indefinitely.

Good thing this didn't happen with Harry Potter or Tolkien's movies.

Oh wow that sucks. Truthfully I am getting sick and tired of these companies taking book series making the first couple of books into movies and then stopping. If they are going to do the series DO THE WHOLE SERIES. Its not that hard just do like Harry Potter or LotR and film them all back to back.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RoyalBlur

I think Peter Jackson should use these these two songs in the credits for The Hobbit.

The Call Celtic Woman
[youtube:E7cajUlvTAc]

Where The Light Is Anthem Lights
[youtube:wbc5T3Za7nI]

BTW guys I know that Peter Jackson took over from Del Toro but the latter is in the credits and so I hope that Guillermo Del Toro will helm the second The Hobbit installation. I don't really fear the relationship between Gandalf and Lady Galadriel as I think they are going to go the tear jerker way with that. It'll be all tender and what not. Sort of like what would happen if Obi Kenobi fell in love with someone which he does in the Dark Horse Star Wars comics.

Here is some good news on NBC's The Munsters!
http://www.moviehole.net/201151033-exclusive-the-411-on-the-n...

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

LordTendoboy

TokyoRed wrote:

Gah! What? Where did this come from?

I used to love The Munsters! Oh dear, now I fear they'll make it like one of those modern comedy shows where it's filmed like a movie without an audience or laugh track (Desperate Housewives, Arrested Development, My Name is Earl, etc.), instead of being filmed on a soundstage like every other sitcom.

sigh Looks like I was right. They're turning it into a contemporary "dramedy." Sitcoms are a dying genre. TV is now nothing more than "reality" shows, movie-style "dramedies," and TLC crap.

[...

shingi_70

tendoboy1984 wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

I used to love The Munsters! Oh dear, now I fear they'll make it like one of those modern comedy shows where it's filmed like a movie without an audience or laugh track (Desperate Housewives, Arrested Development, My Name is Earl, etc.), instead of being filmed on a soundstage like every other sitcom.

You do realize My Name is Earl and Arrested Development are two of the best shows in the past decade.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LordTendoboy

shingi_70 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

You do realize My Name is Earl and Arrested Development are two of the best shows in the past decade.

I tried to watch My Name is Earl and hated it. Arrested Development was good, as was The Office.

[...

shingi_70

Different Strokes i guess.

Isn't this the one that Supposed to start with the Werewolf kid Killing two of his friends on mistake when he first wolf-out.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

RoyalBlur

@tendoboy1984, I don't know whether to worry or the be optismistic.

Bryan Fuller and Bryan Singer are excellent at what they do and there is no doubt about that. Pushing Daisies was and still is a highly praised show. Bryan Singer's X-Men trilogy is still critically acclaimed and there is nothing wrong with dramedy if it is executed right.

Modern Family, Last Man Standing and The Middle are marvelous shows and seeing as Bryan Singer and Fuller are going to make The Munsters a cross between something like NBC's Grimm and ABC's Modern Family I think this just might be the new breakout success that NBC has been striving to get with the family audience ( and they desperately need it). ABC has a runaway success in Once Upon A Time, Fox has it in Terra Nova and Glee and NBC has been trying to fill that niche for it's viewers time and again and it looks like The Munsters might be the perfect answer. From what I've seen said on www.getglue.com on The Munsters page, over there a lot of TV viewers are highly anticipating this new move from NBC. I personally grew up watching both The Addams Family and The Munsters and my nostalgic heart hopes that Fuller/ Singer will not ruin my childhood memories.

@Shingi, yep, this is the same project.

Isn't Tim Burton supposed to be doing a Addams Family reboot for Universal Studios after Dark Shadows launches?

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

LordTendoboy

TokyoRed wrote:

@tendoboy1984, I don't know whether to worry or the be optismistic.

Bryan Fuller and Bryan Singer are excellent at what they do and there is no doubt about that. Pushing Daisies was and still is a highly praised show. Bryan Singer's X-Men trilogy is still critically acclaimed and there is nothing wrong with dramedy if it is executed right.

Modern Family, Last Man Standing and The Middle are marvelous shows and seeing as Bryan Singer and Fuller are going to make The Munsters a cross between something like NBC's Grimm and ABC's Modern Family I think this just might be the new breakout success that NBC has been striving to get with the family audience ( and they desperately need it). ABC has a runaway success in Once Upon A Time, Fox has it in Terra Nova and Glee and NBC has been trying to fill that niche for it's viewers time and again and it looks like The Munsters might be the perfect answer. From what I've seen said on www.getglue.com on The Munsters page, over there a lot of TV viewers are highly anticipating this new move from NBC. I personally grew up watching both The Addams Family and The Munsters and my nostalgic heart hopes that Fuller/ Singer will not ruin my childhood memories.

What about CBS? What are they doing to win back their viewers? More Survivor shows? LOL

Also, Brett Ratner directed X-Men: The Last Stand (X-Men 3). Brian Singer directed the first two X-Men movies.

[...

shingi_70

Bryan Fuller is the man. Responsible for the best seasons of heroes and made pushing daises.

You mean two of the Xmen movies. He didn't work on X3 and it was a POS.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

RoyalBlur

@tendoboy1984, I agree that CBS needs to move away from things like Survivor. I do enjoy 60 Minutes, The Amazing Race and the new Hawaii Five O. Still CBS needs to do a lot to make their channel far more subtantive. I don't want sound like Nielson Ratings but it is true that they are relying to heavily on what was formally tentpole programming in How I Met Your Mother, Mike and Molly and Two and a Half Men. I don't think that 2 Broke Girls will last very long as its ratins aren't that great as it always being outweighed by the comic book geek comedy The Big Bang Theory.

@Shingi, I never knew Brian Fuller was involved with Heroes and that is still one of my favorites to this day.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

shingi_70

TokyoRed wrote:

@tendoboy1984, I agree that CBS needs to move away from things like Survivor. I do enjoy 60 Minutes, The Amazing Race and the new Hawaii Five O. Still CBS needs to do a lot to make their channel far more subtantive. I don't want sound like Nielson Ratings but it is true that they are relying to heavily on what was formally tentpole programming in How I Met Your Mother, Mike and Molly and Two and a Half Men. I don't think that 2 Broke Girls will last very long as its ratins aren't that great as it always being outweighed by the comic book geek comedy The Big Bang Theory.

@Shingi, I never knew Brian Fuller was involved with Heroes and that is still one of my favorites to this day.

He was the head writer for season two left and then came back to write the last two seasons.

Two Broke girls is going to stay on air by the full force of Kat Dennnings assets. (haven't watched it)

The Big Bang Theory isn't that funny.

WAT!

RoyalBlur

This is the promotional that aired last night after the NEW YEARS Marathon on ABC.

Desperate Souls
[youtube:ZC7omdxh8TI]

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

RoyalBlur

This is for Private-Pegasus.

Untitled

For more head here: http://thelordoftherings.lego.com/

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.