Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 2,161

dumedum

shingi_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mortal Kombat X is the only game i'd blow my money on.
Sunset riders looks refreshing. an xbox game with actual color. My god!
Evolve looks HIGH quality, but alas it's teathered to a crappy twin stick wiggling control scheme.

Than play evolve on a PC.

But then i'd have to use keyboard & mouse, no thanks.

I wouldn't be surpise if we see a Wiimote hack for PS4.

You mean Move?

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

8BitSamurai

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I have a feeling after today people are hyping up Nintendo's E3 tomorrow to disappoint levels.

I second this notion 100x. The disappointment in this thread is going to be through the roof tomorrow.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

shingi_70

WaveBoy wrote:

dumedum wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mortal Kombat X is the only game i'd blow my money on.
Sunset riders looks refreshing. an xbox game with actual color. My god!
Evolve looks HIGH quality, but alas it's teathered to a crappy twin stick wiggling control scheme.

Than play evolve on a PC.

But then i'd have to use keyboard & mouse, no thanks.

I wouldn't be surpise if we see a Wiimote hack for PS4.

You mean Move?

The move should still be supported as an alternate(should be the 'main' imo. You point and shoot for crying out loud. jesus) at LEAST. but dual analog to a lot of these close minded devs who fail to see the future for this genre is still the prefered 'chosen' method of control. i for one can't stand it. anyways, if EVOLVE came out on Wii U with pointer support i would definitely drop the cash. But there's no way Evolve would be able to run on Wii U. With kinect, if it were supported....you'd have to use your finger like a pea shooter.lol

I meant a wiimote hack or mod for PC.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

I'm realistic. As long as Nintendo doesn't go too Mario crazy (unless the NFC game is Mario crazy in which case fine whatever, it's probably not a traditional Mario game at least), there's a new Zelda, a new Metroid, they got some interesting Japanese devs to bring some legit cool games (btw: Sega/Capcom/Square/Namco Bandai has little to nothing to do with Microsoft or Sony this year...), Miyamoto has new stuff and the announced games get something cool shown, I'm cool.

I think the ultimate reason I'm cool with Nintendo not doing a conference again is that they are essentially doing what they should have done last year. They are still using their conference time for marketing a game like it's a huge deal (Smash Bros) the digital event is apparently different from a Direct (and the Mario Kart Direct and the Mega 64 video seems like proof that it'll be fun), they are keeping focus on themselves for the day where none of the other main conferences are happening by streaming throughout the entire day, and the most obvious and least interesting announcements already happened and have mostly been released already.

And this E3 is me officially being sick of where AAA gaming is going. Sony and now Microsoft practically come across to me as people desperately trying to cope with how boring the industry around them is. Grim Fandango got a better reaction than half of the biggest games of the next year, I mean seriously.. And it's not even the games, I'm just sick of the trends nowadays. This isn't me going Nintendo (too late :V) but while indies have their trends too, it's just really the right option nowadays. I hope Nintendo can (continue to?) find ways around that and figure out the exact balance between nostalgia and new ideas to work with.

btw: pre-Nintendo, top 10 games, no order, solely based on E3 conferences:
-No Man's Sky
-Arkham Knight
-Sunset Overdrive
-Project Spark
-Evolve
-Little Big Planet 3
-Magicka 2
-Cuphead (look it up, it looks amazing)
-Dragon Age: Inquisition
-Ori

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Retro_on_theGo

For Anyone wondering, the indie game shown at Microsoft that looked like an old Felix the cat cartoon is Cuphead. I'm very interested in it, looks awesome!

Wow, yeah ok, this is legitimately the second best game of E3 so far. It is so beautiful and charming. It's a run and gun shooter, hand drawn (duh), original jazz recordings for the soundtrack, and has co-op.
Why oh why do you have to be an xboxone exclusive?

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm realistic. As long as Nintendo doesn't go too Mario crazy (unless the NFC game is Mario crazy in which case fine whatever, it's probably not a traditional Mario game at least), there's a new Zelda, a new Metroid, they got some interesting Japanese devs to bring some legit cool games (btw: Sega/Capcom/Square/Namco Bandai has little to nothing to do with Microsoft or Sony this year...), Miyamoto has new stuff and the announced games get something cool shown, I'm cool.

I think the ultimate reason I'm cool with Nintendo not doing a conference again is that they are essentially doing what they should have done last year. They are still using their conference time for marketing a game like it's a huge deal (Smash Bros) the digital event is apparently different from a Direct (and the Mario Kart Direct and the Mega 64 video seems like proof that it'll be fun), they are keeping focus on themselves for the day where none of the other main conferences are happening by streaming throughout the entire day, and the most obvious and least interesting announcements already happened and have mostly been released already.

And this E3 is me officially being sick of where AAA gaming is going. Sony and now Microsoft practically come across to me as people desperately trying to cope with how boring the industry around them is. Grim Fandango got a better reaction than half of the biggest games of the next year, I mean seriously.. And it's not even the games, I'm just sick of the trends nowadays. This isn't me going Nintendo (too late :V) but while indies have their trends too, it's just really the right option nowadays. I hope Nintendo can (continue to?) find ways around that and figure out the exact balance between nostalgia and new ideas to work with.

btw: pre-Nintendo, top 10 games, no order, solely based on E3 conferences:
-No Man's Sky
-Arkham Knight
-Sunset Overdrive
-Project Spark
-Evolve
-Little Big Planet 3
-Magicka 2
-Cuphead (look it up, it looks amazing)
-Dragon Age: Inquisition
-Ori

Wow, wow, wow... I totally agree with you. Rise of the Tomb Raider and MGS: V look amazing to me. I even wanna get GTA V for PS4.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

While Waveboy is needlessly judgmental and harsh as usual, it is inexcusable that we are trying to shy away from pointer motion controls on consoles while still focusing on FPS. Pointer controls improved nearly every Wii game that used them compared to normal controls. I mean the Ghostbusters game had great controls because of that. THE GHOSTBUSTERS GAME. The fact that people still are like "LOL MOTION CONTROLS ARE TEH GAYS" or whatever baffles me or clearly from people who only played games that used them poorly (so any Sega game).

also I do agree that I am sick of the constant obsession with CG trailers in exchange for showing gameplay. Both is ok, Sunset Overdrive did that, and that's cool. But X was announced at the beginning of 2013 and it was almost entirely impressive gameplay and graphics for an open world Wii U game. So why do you have Platinum Games not show gameplay? I at least kinda get showing early concept stuff if necessary like Mass Effect did, but this makes no sense. It's actively going against Platinums' strengths and I'm sure Dark Souls fans, even ignoring the huge difference in CG to gameplay graphics, can agree that not showing gameplay of this new game was a crime.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

IceClimbers

So I missed the Sony conference. Was it good or bad?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

kkslider5552000

IceClimbers wrote:

The main focus of new "important" titles wasn't always that great but the rest of it was quite cool.

Gamer83

iKhan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

WHERE WAS DEEP DOWN?

Where was The Last Guardian? Untitled

WHERE WAS JAPAN

Suda 51 and From Software.

Needless to say the PS4 will continue to sell like crap in Japan.

PS4 vs. Xbox One for second in Japan is going to be some battle.

Gamer83

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

It wasn't bad but it wasn't mindblowing either. It was just alright. Good.

But I got a sneaking feeling that many Japanese gamers are QUITE upset right now with Sony's E3.... LOL they prolly walked away before the thing even ended.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

skywake

8BitSamurai wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I have a feeling after today people are hyping up Nintendo's E3 tomorrow to disappoint levels.

I second this notion 100x. The disappointment in this thread is going to be through the roof tomorrow.

I don't see how people's expectations for Nintendo are that high. For me if there's a trailer for Zelda and an announcement of one new game that's more than enough. I don't expect anymore than that infact I expect less than that. There's plenty of room for them to go well beyond my expectations though.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

RR529

Interesting Xbox exclusives:

• Ori
  • Inside
  • Sunset Overdrive

Interesting PS exclusives:

• Entwined
  • Abzu
  • LBP3
  • InFamous: First Light

Interesting multiplats:

• CoD: AW
  • Batman: AK
  • Cuphead
  • No Man's Sky
  • The TALOS Principal
  • MGSV
  • Mighty No. 9

Only included games where we actually got to see in game footage, and I only watched the MS & Sony conferences. These are only my personal opinions.

Though PS had one more game that interested me personally, I still felt like Xbox had the objectively stronger showing overall.

Let's see what Ninty can add to my list tomorrow.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Henmii

As for Ubisoft, I only need to know 2 things:

-did they finally show Beyond good and evil 2?
-did they show a new Prince of Persia?

Oh, and Cuphead DOES look fantastic. But I guess this will again just be a 5 hour download only title!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

kkslider5552000

Henmii wrote:

No

commence booing

Henmii

Failure on Ubisofts part then! Still no Beyond good and evil 2 ?! Does this game even exist!!

Henmii

CaviarMeths

Well I went to bed and watched the Sony conference late. Some software was OK, but nothing really wowed me. Cinematic trailers of over-the-top graphic violence isn't going to make me rush out to buy a PS4. I'm disappointed by most AAA games having identical art direction and extreme gore as a selling point.

Their presentation on hardware and services was much more interesting.

Overall, I'll say it was a C. Not mindblowing, but not horrible. Microsoft's was better and still the best part of the E3 conferences so far.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

cookiex

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Henmii wrote:

No

commence booing

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.