Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 11,941 to 11,960 of 13,108

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

@kkslider5552000 yah, I guess. That's how I feel about stuff like Rainbow, KlK or Monster. Starting strong and then it just either went full re...that probably doesn't fly around here, eh? Full stupid then I guess. Or they just became super boring (Monster) real quick imo.

Different opinions and stuff tho.

(I thought Erased was okay until the last couple episodes when they already revealed everything but I tried to stay in denial until then because I really didn't expect it to be THAT obvious and lazy XD)

Ironically, the only reason I remember C is from you talking about a while back. Unless that was somebody else, mind you, people change their usernames too much around here for me to keep track...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

@CanisWolfred unless you're talking about another occasion, it's right here on this page lol

God...what a bloody trainwreck that was. A friend told me to check it out and was all mysterious about why and once I was dine and started [female dog]'ing about it he told me he only made me watch it so he has someone to talk smack about it with. That son of a b-- XD

I was thinking when that show first finished airing, and/or a year or so afterwords. A shame, since it looked promising. One of the many shows that turned out disappointing that year.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

Aaaanyway...I think One Piece got 1-Up'ed in terms of derpy shocked faces by Seven Deadly Sins XD

I'd say that's more horrifying and disturbing than derpy...the latter implies an element of humor, unless you find getting your soul sucked out to be hilarious...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Started watching Made in Abyss. Clearly this is the "LOOK AT OUR BUDGET!!!!" anime of the season. :V

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

@Tsurii True, they say humor's all about timing, so context might've helped. But in One Piece, there were a lot of faces that I thought are just hilarious/entertaining on their own. I didn't get that feeling there. If anything, I should thank you for posting it as a clickable link instead of embedding it, like some others tend to do...my adblock works overtime enough as it is...

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Started watching Made in Abyss. Clearly this is the "LOOK AT OUR BUDGET!!!!" anime of the season. :V

That's one I'm looking forward to for that every reason. Hopefully it doesn't have painfully bad writing like a lot of other pretty shows recently...

Anyways, watched the first season of My Hero Academia. That was AMAZING and I look forward to watching Season 2 next weekend.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Filth_Element

@Maxz lol well I enjoyed your explanation even if you felt it was long winded. Some really valid points to eventually get to sex sells yo... haha.
I get why girls are drawn a certain way it's wish fulfilment look at any comic book in the west too.
One thing I wanna get my head around is how gross the sexualisation is. I'm recently getting back into anime. It's been a while. I'm watching BTOOOM on Netflix and some of the references or just plain scenes of near rape are for me a little too far.... why is that they find that acceptable over there. Any help would be appreciated as me and the missus do find that a bitter pill to swallow as we are enjoying the rest of the show a lot.

Also just in general we started watching Little Witch Academia because I read positive stuff online. It's Loads of fun glad I started!

Some of Mario Odyssey is seriously giving heart palpitations.... that plumber is trying to kill me!

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

That's one I'm looking forward to for that every reason. Hopefully it doesn't have painfully bad writing like a lot of other pretty shows recently...

Based on episode 1, it seems written well enough. Not sure I can think of an immediately good comparison but it's one of those "weird fantasy world with where the characters will inevitably reveal the truth of the weird things about this world" type of series. Amusingly, Gargantia comes to mind too :V

Edited on by kkslider5552000

RR529

Expelled From Paradise (Netflix)

• Story - Sci-fi/mecha film in which, after a catastrophic event struck the Earth, most of humanity lives in a utopian virtual world known as DEVA. However, when a hacker repetedly breaks into the world from the outside, DEVA agent Angela Balzac is sent out into the real world to find the perpetrator. Overall it's a story of what it means to be human, and while it's not revolutionary, I'd say it does enough to avoid being cliché, as well. I'd have liked to find out what exactly happened to the Earth (the event is only given a name, and not much else), but there's only so much you can fit into a film, and the fine details aren't really important to the story they're telling.
  • Animation/Art - It's one of those CGI anime (looks like an anime video game, just much better), which had me a bit worried at first, but I quickly got used to it and didn't find it awkward. Some of the human animations looked a bit stiff, but it was overall very polished & clean looking, and the action in the final battle was clearly the high point of the film, and in a word, fantastic.
  • Soundtrack/Voice - I should note that for some reason, I usually don't pay much attention to music in films (or TV), and that holds true here. I suppose it fits the theme, but I'm not the person to critique it one way or the other. As for the voices, I watched it dubbed, and as usual it's filled with the same familiar voices you tend to find in American dubs. How you feel about that is completely up to you (I believe Netflix lets you watch subbed as well, but don't quote me on that), but it worked fine for me (even if Angela seemed a little whiny at times for a kick-butt special agent).

Content Ratings (None, Low, Mid, High, Extreme)

• Language (Mid) - There's some swearing, around the level of your typical JRPG or Shonen anime. No F-Bombs or anything like that.
  • Violence (Low) - The most graphic it gets is some brightly colored goop from a giant centipede run in early on. All other major action just features the twisted metal & oil of mechanical combat (if humans are in the machines, it never shows what happens to them).
  • Nudity/Sex (High) - Angela's wardrobe solely consists of tightly fitting outfits that showcase her figure (and lets the animators show off their jiggle physics occasionally). By itself, it's not any worse than what you'd see from a character of a similar build in your typical JRPG, but I bumped it up to a High due to the single scene of genuine nudity early on in the film (guess you don't need clothes when you're zipping around cyberspace).

I ended up really liking it, and would say overall a great watch if you're into sci-fi or mecha anime, IMO.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Joeynator3000

My Ouran High School Host Club anime finally showed up today, I'll be watching that later. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

crimsontadpoles

I've finished watching Kill Me Baby, and I liked the charm it has along with the humour. It's a lighthearted comedy about a couple of schoolgirls, one of which is an assassin who's too quick to use her skills. Story is non-existent and the animation isn't anything spectacular, but overall I liked it.

Now that I'm done with Kill Me Baby, it's time for me to go back to JoJo and watch the next series of it: Stardust Crusaders.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Joeynator3000

Just finished Ouran High School Host Club....and now watching the bloopers, Funimation seriously needs to these more. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Jhena

I really wanted to watch every anime of the summer 2016 season. But love live sunshine destroyed this dream of mine. It made it so clear to me that watching everything is a waste of time. Even more so for eternal beings. From now on ill try to watch shows with character and i will avoid those clone shows without a soul. And i cant stand shows where the happines feels so forced and fakey. I know i watched love live school idol project but i cant remember anything. Im sure i could have enjoyed this show if it was my first idol anime but enough is enough.

Well this decision saved me from mahou shoujo naria girls so thank you sunrise. I only watched the first seconds but im sure this is the kind of quality the anime clubs produce for the cultural festivals.

And right after this garbage came psycho mob 100. Really enjoyed it. Its good with nice artstyle and a pretty good, funny and fresh cast. Reigen could easily top most other main characters and hes not even the main. (Mob) manages to be shy but still loveable and cute in his own way. I like it how he still feels vulnerable unlike saitama from one punch man. One punch man had ridiculously awesome action scenes but i think the rest is better in this anime. Its a show with heart and im thankful for it. The opening is awesome too and it feels so good. Seriously watching this show felt like the reaction with the thumbs up pimple is giving in the op^^. I think it even inspired my dreams. I wanted the brokoli pokemon xD Kenjis recognisable ost cant be missed. I dont know anything about the manga but i hope very much that this series will be continued.

So far i only thoroughly enjoyed two shows and both were about psychics.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Filth_Element

@CanisWolfred I didn't know about the intended shock value going into the series. It was just one of the animes available on Netflix and sounded like a good premise. It moves at a steady pace and has had like 3 moments which were a little uncomfortable to watch in I think we are 7 episodes in. It also had a good viewer rating which drew me in too.

@Tsurii I went into the series cold not knowing what to expect and some of the content is quiet shocking. If you take that content away it is actually not a bad show in th whole of it. It is easy to follow and moves at a brisk pace something I think a lot of animes could do with.

So where do you get your anime news from as I have struggled to find a good source for info.

Some of Mario Odyssey is seriously giving heart palpitations.... that plumber is trying to kill me!

Filth_Element

Oh and I'm thinking of getting AnimeLab the Australian streaming service. Don't all jump me at once but I like to watch my anime dubbed, I'm a child of the ninteys who was exposed to Akira and that's just how I like it OK! Lol...
Looking at their service it has way more dubbed than Crunchyroll. Any Aussies here use it? Can you recommend it. It's only $80 for the year sounds reasonable as!

Edited on by Filth_Element

Filth_Element

@CanisWolfred 👌 Thanks for that 😄

CanisWolfred

Oh, you reminded me: I had checked out VRV this week. Seems like it's just a portal of a bunch of stuff I'd never use, plus the two services I already pay for. I was considering using it for Funimation, since I'm always having problems with their service, but I just got Crunchyroll again (just one month), and I immediately ran into problems with an episode I was trying to watch, so maybe I shouldn't rely on them, either...at least I'm now caught up with My Hero Academia...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

I knew Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 was gonna suck but I'm still watching it. 4 episodes in, I have no idea why anyone would care about anything. At all.

If nothing else, it's more proof that doing a normal adaptation of a manga and then switching to an original story is usually a TERRIBLE idea.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic