Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 11,901 to 11,920 of 13,108

Jhena

Finished alderamin on the sky. It wasnt bad. Cast was ok but i dont really like genius guys ( the kind that predicts pretty much everything and knows everything) and i dont believe him the lazy act one bit. Sure hes doing some lazy stuff but i dont feel it. But maybe thats just anime. On the other hand its nice to see heroes who arent completely nice guys. Though hes still too much of a nice guy. The first half was more interesting.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

kkslider5552000

ZurapiiYohane wrote:

I just started watching "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" a few weeks ago and I discovered the controversial "Endless Eight" episodes. I didn't know about this until now...

I'm in the minority that found Endless Eight to be the most hilarious thing ever. Especially when it happened, anime internet was the funniest for a few weeks.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jhena

Amanchu: Nice anime about a diving school club and bonding with new friends. I didnt like pikari at first. She went full blegh all the time. But i came to like her a bit
and i think its actually good to enjoy oneself so much. Sadly without help its hard to get in such a childlike nature like she does. Thats why she feels a bit alienating to me. Teko is a bit too shy and gentle for my taste but given that its a lighthearted anime and shes the new girl in town thats totally fine. The anime is a bit melancholic but in a good way. It uses the sadness and makes good things out of it.

Ange vierge: This is garbage that didnt pass the quality standards of cheap h-anime. Or its just advertising for vns. Everything is sexualized. Mild spoiler ahead. It has tentacles, girls loosing clothes after defeat,giant phalluses, lesbians everywhere and bath scenes almost every episode. Even blood sucking is lewd. Its also pretty ironic that giant phalluses come to destroy this world because this actually would the only thing i could imagine trying to save such a sad excuse of world. It just shows that even they dont "think" this world is worth saving. This made me loose faith in anime quite a bit. Even so i think it can be enjoyed for how bad it is. I mean just listen to that formel 1 vrooom in the night sky girl.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Jhena

Jhena

B-Project Kodou Ambitious: Just another idolboys anime but i enjoyed it.

Bananya: Really stupid short form anime about cats in bananas. I enjoyed it a bit.

Battery: It started interesting. The more it went on the more it got lost in drama i couldnt enjoy. At times it felt like wife doesnt get enough attention from husband drama.
Last episode was really bad. Im not a big fan of open endings. Especially if they seem to be negative. Id say its ok.

Jhena

crimsontadpoles

I've finished up watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1. Except for the 1st episode, I really loved it. It's now my second favourite anime series.

I'm not going to move on to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders just yet. It'll be nice to take a break from JoJo and watch a different anime first.

Edit: I liked the Phantom Blood arc better than the Battle Tendency arc for JoJo season 1. The characters were more likeable in Phantom Blood.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

FriedSquid

@crimsontadpoles Hmm, it's interesting that you preferred PB over BT. A lot of people say they like BT the most and many don't seem to like PB compared to the rest of the series. I respect that though! PB might be my least favorite JoJo part but even then it is quite good. I'm currently reading the manga of it right now, and it reminds me that Johnathan is cool, even if he is a generic shonen protagonist.

@OdnetninAges It's to finally see a teaser for this as I wondered if it was still happening or not. Can't say I'm super excited, but the animation looks good even though a couple character designs look to have lost that Gainax charm. In any case, more music by the pillows is welcome!

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

-Green-

Anyone here watched Naruto Shippuden before?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

kkslider5552000

"Don't finish this series you've already watched hundreds upon hundreds of episodes from" lolno

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

OdnetninAges

@FriedSquid

I personally felt a wave of nostalgia from that trailer. The animation shown looked pretty much exactly like the original FLCL to me (other than the fact that it is widescreen now). The new Pillows song helps too.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to this, but that's probably just my nostalgia talking. I just hope I wind up liking it as much as the original series.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

-Green-

@Tsurii The Final Arc was a let down imo. A lot of cool characters and opportunities were wasted and the ending was a big wtf. Personally, I also didn't like how ridiculously powerful characters at the end were. Like they basically fodderized most others.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

RR529

If you aren't currently playing it, now's the time to jump into Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, as they're currently holding 2 different celebrations.

First off, it's the game's second anniversary, so all players get a Transcended UR Super Sayain 2 Goku (Technique affinity), 1 God Dragon Stone (can be traded for an SSR rank character of your choice, out of a small, but elite set consisting of Super Sayain 3 Goku, Super Sayain 3 Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan, Full Power Frieza, Perfect Cell, Legendary Super Sayain Broly, and Gohan Absorbed Super Buu), and 40 Dragon Stones (you need 50 to perform a multi-summom).

Furthermore, due to both the above celebration and another celebrating their 500,000 Facebook followers, you get tons of items every day you log in over the next few weeks (more Dragon Stones, Awakening Medals, Training Items, Support Items, Baba's Trading Post Points, and Anniversary Tokens. The Anniversary Tokens can be traded for various things including certain SSR characters, like a Super Sayain Goku, Super Sayain Youth Gohan, Android #18, Piccolo, & more).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jhena

Berserk (2016). It was ok. Thought it would be better. Now i see where dark souls got the inspiration. Didnt like the cgi and im sure 2d would have looked more grittier. I dont know cgi made many things look funny. Guts is the kind of lone wolf i like. Cant top geralt though.

Cheer boys: Enjoyable and motivational anime about a cheerleading club with boys. Nothing really special but sometimes the people were likeable.

Cute High Earth Defense Club Love! Love!: The only anime in which i dont mind the bathing scenes. Its ok.

Jhena

Jhena

@Tsurii I read the manga until around the babeing of casca. Yes guts is hardcore (who wouldnt be after his childhood?) but that alone doesnt make him a great character to me.

Jhena

Jhena

@Tsurii Im sure you like him and as i said so do i. But he just doesnt klick the way geralt does. It doesnt matter if someone is well portayed or logical. I think theyre both well characterized in their original medium. Simply put his general aura is just too aggressive for my taste. But it wouldnt be berserk if it would be otherwise.

Jhena

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

Jhena wrote:

Guts [...] can't top Geralt.

gags

Read the manga, or at least watch the movies/old TV series to see the start of Berserk, for the love of god...

Berserk 2016 (and 2017) is a POS either way, though. They stripped the thing down A LOT and the visuals alone don't even begin to do the source material justice.

Also this

That link was an interesting read, actually. I hope Netflix gets the other two movies...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jhena

D gray man hallow: Didnt like it at all. Its just another sorrow and pain emo teeny drama with much pain in form of cut off legs and arms. Mangaka seems to have a fetish for this. I remember watching this series like ten or so years ago. At the time i thought it was good and had character. Is it a coincidence that the director who looks like the dictator is part of an organisation that hunts akuma which are sometimes like the akuma virus symbolized by stars? Anyway i think all the groups are pretty unsympathetic and the hero is a boring nice guy who likes to suffer in agony for everyones sins. Ugh how i cant stand those types.

The only good thing was the last scene. Took me also some time to get this insight. If life is garbage just keep walking. So ill keep on watching anime to find a good show.

Jhena

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

@CanisWolfred yah, feeling kinda bad for the people who got whipped through that production. The first teaser, while not mind-blowing in any sense of the word, did look pretty decent but it really sucks how the thing turned out. Also really sucks that they skipped my favorite arc :c (right at the start, the stuff with Rosine and the "elves")

Honestly, I might stil give it a shot regardless. People said the original had terrible animation, but I hardly noticed...not to mention, I'm not actually a fan of Berserk's Manga. I guess it'll depend on how its handled, but I thought it got pretty gratuitous after a while.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic