Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2019 Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 575

Ryu_Niiyama

Well you know how it is...if Nintendo goes off the beaten path, they are crazy and it should fail, but if they iterate...you get "not this game again! MILKING!" brain vomit. I do think with the 3ds essentially on life support we will see more B list pushes, perhaps not this year but sprinkled into next year.

(I do count box boy though, I just want to see them dig for more of their second stringers. I'd like to see another rusty's real deal type of mini game set...maybe for a different sport though.)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

kkslider5552000

tbh, Microsoft almost has to win this year by default. Sony's gone and Nintendo doesn't understand that its succeeding despite mostly anti-hype presentation styles, not because of it (at least at E3). And Microsoft desperately needs a win and knows it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

link3710

@kkslider5552000 I think it's more Nintendo just doesn't take E3 seriously. At all. And maybe it works for them? But it does means they'll only ever 'win' E3 by default these days.

link3710

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

tbh, Microsoft almost has to win this year by default. Sony's gone and Nintendo doesn't understand that its succeeding despite mostly anti-hype presentation styles, not because of it (at least at E3). And Microsoft desperately needs a win and knows it.

FF7 is still a PS4 timed exclusive. Sony could still win E3 indirectly via SquareEnix, lol.

Ralizah wrote:

@Dezzy Nintendo is good at iterative progression. The people who buy their systems expect iterative progression. Once in a blue moon you get a successful experiment from them, but, in general, god help them if they try something truly new, because people will rip them apart.

I don't really see this happening. When they try new things, they tend to do quite well on average. Of course there are a few failures, like Metroid Federation Force or Steel Diver.
But then there's Breath of the Wild and Splatoon. Both of which were new ideas and went on to become some of their best selling games.

I think the main reason for "iterative progression" is it's just easier and cheaper to do (so you can easily plan it according to a schedule), not because the audience demands it.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Heavyarms55

I was thinking it would be cool for Nintendo to announce a 30th anniversary Game Boy collection of 30 games at E3. Personally I would want this on Switch, but I know others would probably want some kind of "Game Boy Classic". Another interesting potential idea would be as a mobile app. Imagine if Nintendo released, or perhaps liscensed an official Game Boy app for Android and iOS that didn't require piracy! Perhaps even released a USB adapter that allowed you to dump your own games right onto your phone. (and one that actually worked well, unlike that Hyperkin joke)

Another possibility, and I think the most likely, is the addition of GB games into NSO. And I promise you, if the Pokemon titles were included then a lot more people would buy into NSO. lol.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Magician

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It's fair to assume that MS will step into the 9th generation of consoles with the unveiling of Xbox Two, Xbox Scarlet, or whatever they've chosen to call it. They will win by default. Even though the Switch's release schedule of 2019 is stacked, it's all known. Nintendo might unveiled a surprise game or two, but it won't be enough to surpass the delight of a hardware reveal from MS.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Octane

The only way Microsoft can win E3 is by revealing Pikmin 4.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

The biggest question of E3 is: Will Just Dance 2020 be coming to Wii?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

Will the dancing panda 🐼 return

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

-Green- wrote:

Will the dancing panda 🐼 return

He better be.

Octane

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano I'd expect it to stop coming to Wii U before it stops coming to Wii honestly.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Dezzy

@IceClimbers

The people who buy those games still think the Wii U is an add-on for the Wii.

Dezzy

redd214 wrote:

@Dezzy hey now, I buy Just Dance every year and I'm a "real gamer" lol.

Step away from the screen and show me some doritos and mountain dew please sir.

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama I don't even like sports-themed games, and I really dug Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. Fantastic mini-game collection.

I still think being able to haggle down the real world price of unpurchased mini-games was an absolutely brilliant way to get the player invested in the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Grumblevolcano

I think Square’s going to pull an Octopath with DQXI S, put a trailer in their event meanwhile the Nintendo Direct has barely anything.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah Agreed. I don't even like baseball but I love that game. It was the perfect blend of arcade action, mini game variety, and like you said the haggle mechanic was great. I don't know if Nintendo could pull it off again with the current gamer market (they may claim it is a lootbox or something) but I would love another one. lol.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Matthew010

I'm fully expecting this to be a great year all around, especially compared to last year.

XBOX
XBOX will announce their new console thingy and detail the specs, making sure to announce the fact that it'll be meore powerful than the PS5. There will be an all-digital and a disc based system. A less powerful budget model will also be announced.
The second Forza Horizon 4 expansion will be announced and detailed and a new XBOX ONE bundle will be announced with the expansion included, like the Hot Wheels One S bundle.
Other stuff I couldn't care about will be announced. I'm not much of an XBOX gamer.

Nintendo
Upcoming games, such as Astral Chain, FE Three Houses and Luigi's Mansion 3 will be given 5 minutes each. There will be two minutes of Super Mario Maker 2 as a final push before the release. There will be three minutes detailing a new smaller title (Pilotwings, F-ZERO, Punch-Out!!!, etc.) There will be a five minute sizzle reel of new announcements. There will be at least 20 new games announced, although there will be some ports announced to fill this slot. Fallout 4 and GTA V will be two of the gzmes announced, and DOOM Eternal will feature with its newly announced release date.
The Direct will also have 10 minutes of Animal Crossing footage. The name, release date and basic functions of the game will be announced.

The other guys
I'll read a catch-up from each afterwards; there might be one or two things that interest me. I'm fully expecting a new Ubisoft/Nintendo crossover, after Rabbids in 2017 and Starlink in 2018. I don't really care much for third party games.

TL;DR - All in all, it'll be a great E3, especially for Nintendo.

Matthew010

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano I think it will be at Treehouse, if not in the Direct. It's not a "new" game so it may not warrant a Direct, but I think there will be a single Treehouse segment on it with Square staff. They usually do DQ releases at Treehouse.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Matthew010 MS is nuts if they reveal anything hardware wise before Sony does. That just lets Sony 1-up them in power, price or both. I think they both hold their cards trying to wait the other out for a good long while. They know as well as we do Sony's not announcing a thing until after Holday 2019, and possibly not until next Feb, or even next E3. Why put themselves a year behind just 2 years after launching 1X? You're not the only one that things so, but I definitely vote "nay" on the hardware. This will be an all-games E3 from everyone with token mention of hardware from XBox and maybe the Switch-Mini from Nintendo (though if they follow 3DSXL and 2DS announcements, no hardware from Nintendo at E3 and a surprise August Direct for no reason announces the hardware.

All-games E3s are the best E3s.

NEStalgia

Sorry, this topic has been locked.