Forums

Topic: A Music Thread

Posts 2,041 to 2,048 of 2,048

GalaxicGlobe

nah

Space and Games are similar. Space is endless and new stuff is out there waiting to be discovered. Games are always being made but the creativity is different from one game to another and so many more ideas still haven't been imagined or created yet. (That came out better than expected lol)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1116-1320-6156

ThatZeldaNerd

Real by NF hit diff ya know?

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

Goat_FromBOTW

The new Vampire Weekend album just released, and I think it’s a career best. Ten hits, no skips. Mary Boone, Pravda, Hope, Capricorn, The Surfer and Ice Cream Piano are favorites. It’s been an amazing year for music, with a Porter Robinson album still coming soon

You know what they say. All toasters, toast, toast!

jump

Just moving this into a more obvious thread...

skywake wrote:

@jump
Yes, but that wasn't quite my point. My point was more that because we're now in a "post radio" age the music mono-culture is dead. When there was a huge hit in decades past everyone would hear it. It'd be unavoidable. That's not true anymore

And as a result there aren't anywhere near as many breakout artists anymore. People are going on about Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran etc but these are not new artists. They've been in the charts for well over a decade. I mean sure, there are viral hits and one hit wonders but most of the artists people congregate around gained their mass audience in the pre-spotify era. Newer artists can and do find an audience, finding an audience is easier than ever, but the audiences are heavily fractured and will never be as big as they once were

And to bring it back to the topic, this most definitely isn't the force happening to gaming. If anything gaming is going through the opposite. Gaming is being driven more and more by the gatekeepers. The biggest games are increasingly the ones that have the biggest marketing budgets. And it's dudes in suits who decide what those games are

I agree with what you're saying that you can't get mega big the same way nowadays but it's just the exact details of it we have different views on.

It's been the case for awhile now even before streaming but there are a few that can pull it off like Billie Eilish, first album came out in 2019 and a few short years later headlined both Glastonbury and Coachella the two biggest festivals on the planet. But most rock acts need time to get massive, like Blink 182's creative peak was the 90s, nowadays they can play stadiums and headline festivals yet didn't back in the 90s as they weren't on that level yet.There a few guitar acts doing it now though, I mentioned Maneskin, Sleep Token and Yungblud on the other thread that have gotten big in a few short years, they aren't my thing but I'm glad new guitar music is still connecting with the yoof.

Rambler wrote:

@jump I saw DFA 1979 once - they were like a nice version of Lightning Bolt

I think the current version of Death consists of the sons of the bass player? The original band were brothers, so it's not quite a Napalm Death / Sugababes scenario...

I've never seen Lightning Bolt but their guerrilla gig sounds like something I'd LOVE!

I managed to catch Death From Above 1979 on a small club tour last year so rather than the 3k+ venues they normally play it was in a 400 person capacity club, load of fun!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CaleBoi25

SplatComp

Don't be sad;
Don't be emo--
Go and watch
Finding Nemo.
~ThatZeldaNerd

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

OctolingKing13

Taylor just dropped a double album out of nowhere…highly recommended tortured poets, so good so far especially lyrically

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

ThatZeldaNerd

Nintendo should hire this guy for music for The Zelda movie!

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic