Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 2,597

StarPoint

@antdickens Sure thing. If it happens on my phone again I will provide a screenshot and link

EDIT: It just happened to me again so I sent you an email.

Edited on by StarPoint

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Tasuki

Can we have maybe the comment box move to the top of the comment section or a skip to comment box button. It's annoying at times to have to scroll all the way to the bottom of 200+ comments just to post your own.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Rambler

Hi what's the TOS timeframe for responding to reported posts?

Rambler

antdickens

@Rambler hey, thanks for the mention.

We don't have a strict timeframe for responding to reported posts. It really varies based on the time of day and who on staff is around. The aim is always to deal with them as quickly as possible.

Typically though, during our office hours, it's within an hour; outside of office hours, it can be much longer but rarely more than, say, 12-24 hours. Our dedicated community manager is on vacation this week and, therefore likely take us a little longer to pick up the reports and deal with them.

Also, the number of reports for a specific post can also trigger some automatic responses that can occur when staff aren't available.

(I've just popped into the alerts myself and think I can see why you mentioned this, and has of course been zapped)

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Rambler

@antdickens
Hiya, thank you for the swift response and action.

Thanks for the explanation and clarification, sounds like a good system
My initial (slightly cryptic?) query was kinda to do with office hours, with things being posted in another time zone poss not being picked up as quick as something posted in GMT, but you've addressed that.

Rambler

Grumblevolcano

Today I keep getting Cloudflare checking my browser (CAPTCHA) before redirecting to this site. Is this a new thing Nintendo Life, Push Square and Pure Xbox has introduced today to reduce the number of bots?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@antdickens I've been noticing a lot of icons replaced by blank squares or rectangles like the like and dislike icons on articles. How do I fix that?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sunsy

@antdickens Thanks for the explanation, I was wondering why Cloudflare was appearing whenever I checked the site on my phone. FWIW, I tend to keep my computer logged in, I only check the forums quickly or the Nintendo news while I'm on my phone.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

arnoldfranklin

This article, https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/where-to-buy-live-a-live-... showed it had seven hearts so I hearted it. It went down it one. Then when I pressed it again, it went down to zero. I reloaded and it had 7 and when I pressed it, it went down to zero, I think or something like that. I just reloaded it another time, it wasn't the time directly after the last time I mentioned but it was at zero when I reloaded it and it went to 0 and when you press it, it goes to one.

arnoldfranklin

My Nintendo: namely_one

Fizza

Just wanted to alert whichever staff reads this to an issue I've come across:
I'm going through some articles and I've noticed that the border around the videos that directs you to NLife's own channel is now a very light gray instead of the previous dark grey. Whilst I assume this isn't an issue in dark mode, in light mode (aka the one I most frequently use), it makes it extremely difficult to actually see the text written on it. My suggestion would be to maybe have it be so it flips between the old and new version depending on the theme being used? I'm no coder so I wouldn't know how practical tht would be but I thought I'd mention it all the same. Thanks for listening and here's an image of what I'm talking about:
Untitled
(notice how barely legible the writing at the bottom is)

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza I had a problem like that on "dark mode" with reddit posts and the text being unreadable because the text was so bright. With YouTube posts on "dark mode" the light text does kinda blend in with everything else surprisingly.

dysgraphia awareness human

Eel

I still see white on white on the youtube border on Fizza's post

I'm in dark mode, so having a white border at all is a little weird.

Edit: wait, that is a picture not a video 😶

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic