Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 2,597

Vortexeo

@Fizza there's also a dislike button but I've only ever seen it when I log into the site on my phone 😅

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

inenai

Suggestion, don't use capital letter in all words in the titles so that when something is an actual game name it stands out and its easier to know what the article is talking about with a simple glance.

Award-Winning Narrative Game Heaven's Vault Is Getting A Limited Physical Edition --> "Game heaven's vault? Vault? Narrative Game?"

Award-winning narrative game Heaven's Vault is getting a limited physical edition --> "oh, a note on Heaven's Vault, cool"

Zelda and Sonic forever, just not in a shippy way.

Dogorilla

Titles might look a bit odd without capitalisation, but italics or inverted commas for game titles would definitely help with clarity.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

antdickens

@inenai it's an editorial stylistic choice that we made back at the start and whilst we appreciate some people prefer not to use it, we've always used it and probably not something we'd change. Thanks for the suggestion though!

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Rambler

So I happen to think that swearing is big and clever. Others may not. This site has a pretty good swearword filter, but it does it cover any words that are deemed offensive, but not swears?

The Swedish for 'end" gets through, for example

Rambler

Fizza

Rambler wrote:

The Swedish for 'end" gets through, for example

Just looked it up there myself and yep that is absolutely unfortunate. Does the ending imply it's feminine?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

I think @Rambler had a good idea of turning swear words into "funny" words.

dysgraphia awareness human

jump

I feel sorry for all of the Swedish users on this site now.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

@jump - I feel mostly sorry for Germans asking for coffee substitute

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

jump

@Rambler Nah, people who drink decaf coffee don't deserve any sympathy!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kermit1doesmath

@jump I drink neither, I get my caffeine straight from the source! who needs sleep, when I can marathon all of MST3K in one sitting!

dysgraphia awareness human

antdickens

Thanks, and let's keep this back on topic. We only allow posts in English anyway, so I'm not too concerned about words from other languages. The profanity filter is there to soften some messages automatically and anyone trying to get around it usually has their comment reported and therefore removed in the end.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Have Nintendolife staffs already reviewed about Zorro the Chronicles ?
I heard the game has been already released.
I want to hear some fair judgement from performance, controlling and difficulty level.

Anti-Matter

Fizza

Something that I always thought could be neat would be the ability to like forum posts. I completely understand if that would be completely out of the question since there are definitely a LOT more forum posts than there would be article comments but I may as well pop it in here whilst I've been thinking about it.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StarPoint

I just wanted to make an issue apparent that I’ve been facing for the past couple of days.

Sometimes when I go to either post a comment or like someone else’s, it will open a new page and take me to a scam website telling me I won a gift card. Not sure if this is happening to others, or it’s just an issue with my phone.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic