Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 2,591

RupeeClock

@Zuljaras
In this case I checked the contents of my post and I agreed with their decision.
It was just absentminded on my part when I said what I said, it just didn't strike me as being particularly bad language at the time.

The more pressing concern is that I was not informed of an infraction such as via an email or site notification, so there wasn't an opportunity to learn from the mistake or to make a correction so that the post wouldn't be offensive.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

WoomyNNYes

thiz wrote:

Big idea: Make it so that the avatars of users are refreshed in the topic overview on the right hand bar.

It can take a few minutes, but they do update. Is that your issue? I'm using Firefox on PC & android.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

@Zuljaras now now, we do read the reports. It’s probably just a case of someone finding the comment less agreeable than other person.

In the case of @RupeeClock, I do agree that sometimes otherwise normal and constructive comments can be brought down by a single word. In the past we would usually just edit the word out, but now that’s not possible.

It’s a system in progress I suppose. The feedback will help.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zuljaras

@Eel That is what I said, that someone probably read the reports and not the actual comment.

For example if someone reports "This is so offensive! I am shocked! How can someone be so evil! The user deserved to be banned right away!" maybe a mod can just remove it right away.

I assume that is the case sometimes because I imagine that when you log in and the report system shows some HUGE numbers and it would be very taxing to go and read every comment. Sometimes the whole conversation between the users need to be read to get a better understanding of the situation.

That is almost impossible if there are 300 or more reports for a single mod right?

Eel

@Zuljaras the report includes the comment, not just whatever the reporter wrote. And there's more than one person reading them as well. One might find the contents remove-worthy, others might not.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Eel You know, Now that makes waaay more sense.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

RupeeClock

@antdickens
Nice! I've actually tried to use quote tags in comments before, when I've wanted to quote sources with the goal of supplementing article information.

RupeeClock

Munchlax

I think it would be nice to be able to see a more detailed breakdown of user ratings rather than just the average- for example a 6/10 could just be a mediocre game, or a divisive love it or hate game with scores split between 1 and 10.
(Sorry if this has been suggested before.)

Munchlax

Rambler

Munchlax wrote:

I think it would be nice to be able to see a more detailed breakdown of user ratings rather than just the average- for example a 6/10 could just be a mediocre game, or a divisive love it or hate game with scores split between 1 and 10.
(Sorry if this has been suggested before.)

I guess if mean is possible then variance is? Or just range?

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

Munchlax

@Rambler
I'd like to be able to see the frequency each score is given at. Should be possible. Might require an interface change though.

Edited on by Munchlax

Munchlax

Rambler

@Munchlax
Yeah, that would be really useful. Like a little frequency table next to the average

Rambler

Snatcher

@Munchlax Like a list of Users that Rated the game? and maybe you can put your own thoughts at the bottom of your score, Multiple opinions, could help with Deciding if you want a game or not.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic