Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 2,597

WoomyNNYes

I would like an "Upcoming Events" section on the right side of the NL page like Push Square has. It would be handy to see the next Nintendo Direct date, or the next upcoming Nintendo game release date (or release window) pinned to the right column of the nintendolife page.

See the "upcoming events" section pinned to right side of pushsquare page, between features & forum topics. https://www.pushsquare.com/

(edit: reworded for clarity)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes Lord please do this, I missed the ACNH event Because I didn't know.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Eel LOL, That was funny.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Eel

I don’t know if it’s my phone or the site, but I only really notice it here…

When I am scrolling through the articles or threads, and there’s an embedded video, just the simple act of touching it to swipe up or down will immediately start playing the video.

I would normally need to tap directly on it.

This gets really annoying when I’m on data.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

InkIdols

I'm concerned about the attitide that some of the authors on this site have towards critisim. I feel that if i'm in negative disagreement with the authors views, they'll flame back and ban you. anyone else feel this?

InkIdols

gcunit

@InkIdols Can you cite any examples that give you cause to fear banning?

I think if you articulate your views in a sensible fashion you'll be ok.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

InkIdols

gcunit wrote:

@InkIdols Can you cite any examples that give you cause to fear banning?

I think if you articulate your views in a sensible fashion you'll be ok.

Take this excange between Switch Force and Damo.

SwitchForce10:42am
@PJOReilly I have a rock solid superfast connection, as mentioned a few times in the review.
Really so you'll being willing to pay for those in the boonies that have no internet to have internet? Or Get internet to their locations. This is what I expect someone that has Internet Privilege's to say without thinking not everyone can afford that or Food.

@PJOReilly Cloud gaming works well for certain games and it's an interesting proposition for the future.
No it hasn't only those whom can afford ISP prices will have access and even then you get the speed they give you not the other way around. Their is no propostion for the future they do that because they are lazy pure and simple as that. *Cloud" aka Stadia where did that go???? Anyone Stadia>>>>?

@PJOReilly The review explicitly says your experience may be different to mine.
With unequal internet access to high speed Broadband experiences will be the same nothing is different. Not sure why people keep thinking we have equal High Speed Internet assuming one can pay for it.

the response?

@SwitchForce @CovidBarbie Could you guys please keep the comments section on-topic? Any more posts which derail the thread will be removed and accounts will be banned.

If you have feedback for PJ then deliver it in a polite manner. It doesn't take much.

Thanks in advance.

I feel switch force borught up good points, but pj dismissed them, mos tof his comments were removed, and damo comes in to say that posting more about it would lead to a ban

Edited on by InkIdols

InkIdols

Eel

Looks like someone kept insisting on a pointless aspect that to be honest seems out of the control of the reviewer.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

gcunit

@InkIdols That's a ban warning, not a ban. And not all bans are permanent.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Eel

I can see the removed comments and they basically attack the reviewer, calling them delusional and embarrassing. Among other things.

So yeah, these comments have no place in the site, they could continue disagreeing without attacking.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

InkIdols

I missed somethin then. My apoligies, everyone

InkIdols

Ryu_Niiyama

Eel wrote:

I don’t know if it’s my phone or the site, but I only really notice it here…

When I am scrolling through the articles or threads, and there’s an embedded video, just the simple act of touching it to swipe up or down will immediately start playing the video.

I would normally need to tap directly on it.

This gets really annoying when I’m on data.

Ok good I thought something was going on with ios/safari. Welp I will try to stay off of articles with videos.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Pirate1

Would it be possible to add quotes to the Comments on articles? I’ve been trying using

[-quote=username] [/-quote] (without the -)
, but it only says “username wrote“ but doesn’t show the quote box. I may be doing it wrong.

Edited on by Pirate1

Pirate1

RupeeClock

Going through old posts of a thread I frequent here, I found that one of my posts had been removed for "offensive language".
Checking the post, I understand exactly why and that was my mistake, but the problem was I was not made aware of the issue, I was never notified in any capacity and have no idea when in time the moderation took place.

Another concern was that the content of the post was otherwise intended to be informative and contributing to the discussion, with no opportunity to restore the post through correcting the offending content.
Is it possible for you to allow edits of moderated post in certain circumstances, if it's only minor infractions?

RupeeClock

Zuljaras

@RupeeClock I had a post of mine removed for "offensive remarks". I totally disagreed and I contacted the founder of the site. He reviewed my post and told me that it was NOT offensive so he reinstated it.

It turns out that big part of the moderation is based solely on the reports from other users. Maybe sometimes the actual posts are not even read only the reports.

So if someone finds something offensive to they just report it and the comment is removed without actually looking at the situation.

If you have doubts just seek an explanation from the staff.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic