Forums

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 782

Zizzy

Platypus wrote:

Should I get TWENY or Radiant Historia? I've heard both are amazing, but RH seems to be about $10 more for its lowest price online. Also, how good is Nostalgia? The theme sounds great and everyone went nuts over it when it came out, but it got some mixed reviews and nobody ever talks about it anymore.

If you mean TWEWY (The World Ends With You), I'd say get that. Mainly because it has one of the best quotes I've ever heard in a video game.

"Everyone has their own little internal world - a secret garden only they can enter. Each world follows its own internal logic - individuality. And the logic of one world means nothing in another. Understanding other people isn't hard.....It's Impossible."

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

CanisWolfred

Platypus wrote:

Should I get TWENY or Radiant Historia? I've heard both are amazing, but RH seems to be about $10 more for its lowest price online. Also, how good is Nostalgia? The theme sounds great and everyone went nuts over it when it came out, but it got some mixed reviews and nobody ever talks about it anymore.

Get Radiant Historia before the price skyrockets again. Serious, that was $50 minimum not too long ago...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MAN1AC

TWEWY is a better game than Radiant Historia but if you're worried abut the price then get RH while you can find it cheap.

Is Hotel Dusk: Room 215 good?

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

TanookiToad64

Mitsuko_Chan wrote:

Same thing with Metroid Prime Hunters. Nobody even cares about that game, even though it's literally the best Metroid handheld game yet.

I have to agree with you. Metroid Prime Hunters is a pretty awesome game. I remember playing with people and having a ton of fun with people online in deathmatches and things. Even though you can't really do online anymore I still think it's worth checking out. It's other multiplayer modes are all pretty great. The download play functionality is cool, but I wish that my friends could play as more of the characters than just Samus as I usually prefer using a different character like Noxus or Spire. Still you get to play on all of the game's 20+ maps with your friends with only one game cart! The game as a whole is pretty good in my book and it deserves more praise and attention then it gets.

TanookiToadTeam YouTube Channel

Loves the GB, Mario Kart, SNES, Smash Bros, GC, Wii and mostly anything else Nintendo!

I believe that good things come to those who work – Wilt Chamberlain

Previous: 4 Player MK64 Mir...

3DS Friend Code: 1478-5591-8095 | Twitter:

vinicity

MAN1AC wrote:

Is Hotel Dusk: Room 215 good?

It is really good, at least if you are into adventure games. Although the sequel, Last Window: The Secret of Cape West, is actually even better.

Those are two of my favorite DS games...

Edited on by vinicity

vinicity

KingMike

Front Mission just shot a hole in my wallet.
Last I knew the Super Famicom version was only worth like five bucks, but I guess I kind of need this in English.

And I also ordered Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2. Such a late release I figure under $20 shipped from Best Buy probably isn't a bad price, and could be more expensive later.

KingMike

NavySpheal

It's probably been said here before, but everyone here needs to buy 999. Now. If you're remotely interested in games like Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton, with an amazing (and sometimes horrific) story, AND multiple endings, then this is for you.

Also, lots of people have recommended me Elite Beat Agents. I've got that coming in the mail.

3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
Buffalo wings are a gift from the gods themselves.

maceng

CanisWolfred wrote:

Hatsworth has been on my wishlist since it came out. Don't know why I keep passing it up...

Man, you should definitely get Hatsworth.
The gameplay is excellent, with very tight controls.
Several hidden stages.
Great boss battles, with a lot of character.
A new difficult setting unlock after finishing the game.
Both graphics and sounds quite good.

It's probably the most underrated DS game on my collection (480 and growing).

maceng

Thanks4Tip

Hey guys! I just found out about this game recommendation thread, so I'm just gonna go ahead and post my thread description in here. I'm looking for a game that is engrossing like Pokemon; something you can dump hours and hours into, and something with a lot of replay value. Something that you get attached to and lose yourself in the world of the game. Like Pokemon! Basically I'm looking for an engrossing game that I can really feel involved in, with a lot of replay value. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Edited on by Thanks4Tip

Thanks4Tip

CanisWolfred

Everything Dragon Quest is a good start. IV, V, VI, IX, they're all good choices. Rune Factory 3 can also be heavily engrossing from my experience.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

@Thanks4Tip: I always found the Harvest Moon games pretty engrossing. There are a few of those on the DS.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Eel

I totally forgot Harvest Moon. Most are great

I recommend Harvest Moon Sunshine Islands and Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Thanks4Tip

I see, I see... Do those games have the replay value that Pokemon has? Like in Pokemon you can breed, trade, battle, collect, explore, compete in contests, and of course there's EV and IV training and competitive battling/team composition, which brings in a whole new world of replay value. Do the games suggested above have those qualities? I feel like games that do are hard to come by, but when I find one I can lose myself in it for hours.

Thanks4Tip

CanisWolfred

Yes. Especially Rune Factory, which is Harvest moon with even more things to do. Oh, and I also forgot to mention Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2. Wich is a blatant Pokemon clone, but with Dragon Quest.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Thanks4Tip

Wow, okay, lots of games to add to my list. So if you could pick ONE game out of the recommendations for me to pick up according to my descriptions from the suggestions above, which would it be? Something with the engrossing, varied replay value found in Pokemon.

Edit. Thanks so much for all the help and suggestions!

Second Edit How is the replay value of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games?

Edited on by Thanks4Tip

Thanks4Tip

zool

Shin Megami Tensei IV or Bravley Default. Or is there a better RPG?
Any suggestions please.

zool

Thanks4Tip

Hey all! Popping back in to ask about the replay value/post game content of a couple DS games. Thanks! The games are:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Disgaea DS
Any information you all can provide about post game content, replay value, etc. would be extremely helpful!

Thanks4Tip

CanisWolfred

Thanks4Tip wrote:

Hey all! Popping back in to ask about the replay value/post game content of a couple DS games. Thanks! The games are:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Disgaea DS
Any information you all can provide about post game content, replay value, etc. would be extremely helpful!

Sorry it's late. I thought you were listing the 5 games required for surviving on a desert island for the rest of your life.

...seriously, Disgaea never ends, Devil Survivor is a 100 hour game, both Dragon Quests are monsters in terms of content...Rocket Slime is only about 10 hours, but you could easily double or triple that time getting all the collectables (including the Gold statues).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Revanmann

Anyone know where to pick up Dragon Quest 4-6 DS new. Amazon is waaay over priced for 4. $60.. I'm planning on re-buying IX, which is the only one I played. I want ot play the other.

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

CanisWolfred

Revanmann wrote:

Anyone know where to pick up Dragon Quest 4-6 DS new. Amazon is waaay over priced for 4. $60.. I'm planning on re-buying IX, which is the only one I played. I want ot play the other.

Only if you time travel to 2011 and buy them when they were still in print. Now you'll have to overpay for them unless you get the mobile versions...which are pretty steep for mobile games, actually...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic