Forums

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 782

Link245

Mickeymac wrote:

Link245 wrote:

Alright, is Chrono Trigger one of those games you need actual buttons to enjoy? If so, I might just go ahead and get Chrono Trigger on DS, as it's dirt cheap at GameStop.

What gamestop you shopping at? Anyways, I just read that the virtual controls are rather unresponsive, so you might as well get the DS version.

It's super cheap at the store I go to. I guess I will get the the DS version if the Android controls aren't good.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

CanisWolfred

Link245 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Link245 wrote:

Alright, is Chrono Trigger one of those games you need actual buttons to enjoy? If so, I might just go ahead and get Chrono Trigger on DS, as it's dirt cheap at GameStop.

What gamestop you shopping at? Anyways, I just read that the virtual controls are rather unresponsive, so you might as well get the DS version.

It's super cheap at the store I go to. I guess I will get the the DS version if the Android controls aren't good.

I suggest you grab it while it's still in stock because it's $20+ dollars on GS online.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kitty_hime1

Mickeymac wrote:

Link245 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Link245 wrote:

How is The World Ends With You? I don't know much about it, exept everyone thinks it's so great. What is it?

It's an action RPG. The combat is really confusing, though, so I suggest you watch some videos and do some other actual research.

It's by Square Enix, right? How would you rate the game, and how much could I get it for?

It's like $12. Just get it. If you don't like it, keep it in good condition, because believe me, this game is gonna be worth way more than that someday.

well next year i bet that game will be worth alot because if you do not know Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance 3d is going to have the main charater from TWEWY i still need to get my hands on that game!!! i'll probably get it from amazon for $16 cause i'm to lazy to walk all over Washougal,Wa trying to find a copy when you only have one game store that's in camus,Wa or just go to gamestop

Nyan~♪
3ds games i own:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Cooking Mama 4 Kitchen Magic
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Kingdom Hearts: DDD
DS games I own:
Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Black
Pokemon Bla...

woodlin37

so mad, that my hard to find games post has been locked for no reason what so ever, by blackdragon, i mean why? it was a harmless thread that people were commenting on, i was directed here, ds recommendations, i really dont want to scroll through over 300 pages to which half of the content is not what i want to know! i dont want recommendations i wanted info on rare to get games, totally pointless.

Edited on by woodlin37

Twitter = @woodlin37G

Twitter:

Late

woodlin37 wrote:

so mad, that my hard to find games post has been locked for no reason what so ever, by blackdragon, i mean why? it was a harmless thread that people were commenting on, i was directed here, ds recommendations, i really dont want to scroll through over 300 pages to which half of the content is not what i want to know! i dont want recommendations i wanted info on rare to get games, totally pointless.

Where do you see 300 pages?

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

woodlin37

Late wrote:

woodlin37 wrote:

Where do you see 300 pages?

this thread has over 300 comments i mean, sorry

Twitter = @woodlin37G

Twitter:

woodlin37

i guess i have been a little hasty in my comments before i take it back theblackdragon, some informative stuff in this thread. my apologies guys and gals.

Twitter = @woodlin37G

Twitter:

Tasuki

woodlin37 wrote:

Who said you had to read 300 pages. Just post here and wait a bit and see if someone response to you thats all.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Takosuke

Hello, Nintendo-Life forums. I come seeking some advice. I'm thouroghly enjoying my 3DS, but I was wondering if you could help recommend me some FPS's for the machine. You see, I am a meat-headed thug who has a craving to kill virtual people from a first-person perspective while on the move. Though mainly it's because of footage of Call of Duty on the DS invoking Playstation nostalgia with those blocky graphics.

Though I'm not really familiar with what's available for the system. Which of the CoD series is worth picking up? Also, what else would you recommend?

And yes, I got Prime Hunters. It's enjoyable, though I'm looking for something perhaps more traditional.

Takosuke

reborn

zezhyrule wrote:

Should I get Final Fantasy IV for DS? I like RPG's, and I have played FFX and I like it.

I'd get it! (I've seen it at 10€ or so). It's quite charming and its story is the best of the first four FF. I want to warn you too: it's not an easy game. FFIV was difficult and it is now. You also have to keep in mind that FFIV is the first one that includes the "Active Time Battle" which means it's not a "pure turned JRPG". That can be positive or negative because you can get pretty nervous if you're someone like me who prefers thinking well what to do rather than doing it straight away! But after all, it's a good game!

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

CanisWolfred

reborn wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

Should I get Final Fantasy IV for DS? I like RPG's, and I have played FFX and I like it.

I'd get it! (I've seen it at 10€ or so). It's quite charming and its story is the best of the first four FF. I want to warn you too: it's not an easy game. FFIV was difficult and it is now. You also have to keep in mind that FFIV is the first one that includes the "Active Time Battle" which means it's not a "pure turned JRPG". That can be positive or negative because you can get pretty nervous if you're someone like me who prefers thinking well what to do rather than doing it straight away! But after all, it's a good game!

Where did he post that? I just went through this entire thread and couldn't find it...anyways, zezhyrule has a PSP, so he can get the Complete Collection instead.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

reborn

@GundamMac Yeah, I'm sorry! I thought the same. I quoted him asking that but I suppose it wasn't in this thread Anyway, I prefer DS's version of FFIV. The PSP version is too classic to me!

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

ThePirateCaptain

I'm looking for a good ds strategy game while my wii is in for repairs . Should I get Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon or Advance Wars: Dual Strike? Also could anyone recommend some good rpgs. I have FF3 and Chrono Trigger already but I'm looking fore any more suggestions.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

CanisWolfred

iPancakez wrote:

I'm looking for a good ds strategy game while my wii is in for repairs . Should I get Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon or Advance Wars: Dual Strike? Also could anyone recommend some good rpgs. I have FF3 and Chrono Trigger already but I'm looking fore any more suggestions.

I'd recommend Advanced Wars everytime, but in this case, Dual Strike has some rather unbalanced CO skills, so it can make things more frustrating. Basically, if you're an Advanced Wars Beginner, I'd suggest you stay away from it. As for Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, it's good if you're a beginniner. The story isn't very important, and the tutorial at the beginning does a great job of teaching you how to play the game, better than any other Fire Emblem, in fact. If you're a Fire Emblem veteran, though, the crumby story and ease of difficulty will likely put you off.

As for RPGs, if you're just looking for DS RPGs, I can recommend these:

The Dark Spire
Disgaea DS
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest IX
Etrian Odyssey III
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Grimoire of the Rift
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Lunar Knights
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren The Wanderer
Nostalgia
Phantasy Star Zero
Radiant Historia
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

Bold = Highly Recommended

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

FonistofCruxis

iPancakez wrote:

I highly recommend The world ends with you for DS RPGs. IMO its the best game on the console.

I was thinking of importing Sands of destruction but after reading more about it, I'm not sure if it will be worth it as it doesn't sound as good as it could've been, especially the story, the soundtrack is still really good though from what I've heard. I might be more willing to try it out if it had been released in Europe but it hasn't so I would have to import it. If you've played this game, do you think it would be worth importing it?

ThePirateCaptain

mariofanatic128 wrote:

iPancakez wrote:

I highly recommend The world ends with you for DS RPGs. IMO its the best game on the console.

I was thinking of importing Sands of destruction but after reading more about it, I'm not sure if it will be worth it as it doesn't sound as good as it could've been, especially the story, the soundtrack is still really good though from what I've heard. I might be more willing to try it out if it had been released in Europe but it hasn't so I would have to import it. If you've played this game, do you think it would be worth importing it?

I know TWEWY is supposed to good but the combat looks kinda funky so i'm a little unsure whether i'd like it or not but i'll probably pick it up eventually. Also I know that Nintendo Power gave sands of destruction a fairly good review but i'd have to read it again to say anything more.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

FonistofCruxis

Isn't there anyone here that can give me their opinions on Sands of destruction or isn't there anyone here who has played that?

ThePirateCaptain

I'll probably pick it up because it's supposed to have good combat and great dungeon design.

ThePirateCaptain

RevolverLink

GundamMac wrote:

iPancakez wrote:

I'd recommend Advanced Wars everytime, but in this case, Dual Strike has some rather unbalanced CO skills, so it can make things more frustrating. Basically, if you're an Advanced Wars Beginner, I'd suggest you stay away from it. As for Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, it's good if you're a beginniner. The story isn't very important, and the tutorial at the beginning does a great job of teaching you how to play the game, better than any other Fire Emblem, in fact. If you're a Fire Emblem veteran, though, the crumby story and ease of difficulty will likely put you off.

As for RPGs, if you're just looking for DS RPGs, I can recommend these:

The Dark Spire
Disgaea DS
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest IX
Etrian Odyssey III
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Grimoire of the Rift
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Lunar Knights
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren The Wanderer
Nostalgia
Phantasy Star Zero
Radiant Historia
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

Bold = Highly Recommended

I'd like to second Dragon Quest V and Radiant Historia, and add Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Pokemon White/Black, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver and Suikoden Tierkreis to the recommend list.

And although much of its gameplay has more in common with Zelda than its source series, I'd also recommend Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, if you can find a copy. It's more fun than a spin-off has any right to be.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

FonistofCruxis

iPancakez wrote:

I'll probably pick it up because it's supposed to have good combat and great dungeon design.

I could give it a go then at some point, hopefully it is a really good game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic