Forums

Topic: Wii U / 3DS eShop Exclusive Titles

Posts 181 to 200 of 269

Tyranexx

I recently rounded up the last of the 3DS games/apps I wanted: Pokè Transporter and Mole Mania on the VC. I'm currently playing the latter on occasion and am enjoying it! Just need to round up a handful of Wii U VC titles yet over the next couple of months.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tounushi

Got this month's batch bought.
3DS:
ATTACK OF THE FRIDAY MONSTERS! A TOKYO TALE, Chase: Cold Case Investigations ~Distant Memories~, CRIMSON SHROUD, Hogan's Alley, Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven, Little Ninja Brothers, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Weapon Shop de Omasse, Adventure Island II, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Wii U:
Adventure Island, New Adventure Island, Bomberman ’93, Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll, Flying Warriors, Kirby: Power Paintbrush, Shockman

Went through the list on PSPrices to see if there was anything else that interests me, and it looks like I'll have a final batch in March. After that, it's done. A whole year of monthly purchases to get the library ready before shutdown. After March, I'll either have to wait for ports or rely on the sea.

Tounushi

Nintendo Network ID: Tounushi

Guile

@Dogorilla Until late March e shop closure I will buy all three Denpa men games! These are unique games that utilizes 3ds capabilities, so I don't want to regret it later. If you liked the third a lot why do not try the other 2?

Guile

Dogorilla

@Guile Well, having read reviews I think the three games are probably similar enough to each other that I can just get the third one, given that I've still got a lot of eShop games to buy in the next two months so I don't want to add too much more to my list. But you may be right, it's possible I'll regret it if I end up really liking the game and wanting more...

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Guile

@Dogorilla These last 2 months are absolutely a nightmare. I have a ton of digital games still to buy-some lovely 3ds themes, and dlc of games likes final fantasy curtain call,fire emblem echoes,etrian odyssey etc- So I shall add a lot of funds on my European 3DS via Switch. Thankfully I have already 100$ on my USA 3DS to buy all these North American exclusive games like Dragon Fantasy 1-2, Gotta Protectors,Kokuga and some Dsi games that had been delisted from European eshop. The next 2 months propably I will not buy anything for the Switch just for the mentioned reasons.
Where is one SALE of Level 5-GUILT 01 02 games all these years???WHERE??

Guile

Dogorilla

@Guile Yeah, it's really frustrating and sad that all these games will be gone soon. I should probably have spaced out my purchases better over the last year, I started off buying a few games each month but got sidetracked before long. And after March I'm planning to buy a lot of physical 3DS and Wii U games that I don't have yet in case they shoot up in price once the eShop is down, so I'll be spending quite a bit there as well. But on the bright side it is exciting to be buying all these games, they should keep me busy for years to come.

Funky Kong

Guile

@Dogorilla I have completed my physical 3ds collection (except-4-5 jap games)the previous year. I had almost 70 titles until 2019. And since covid 19 era (at late 2020-early 2022) I had made a big boost collectivity with another 70 titles! Thankfully I bought most of them at reasonable price and prior the big price explosion of 3ds games! Wii U games are still fairly cheap here in Europe so I hadn't a problem to complete my collection with some more games that I wanted. These years it's a good time for a Wii U collecting, so act soon to buy them very cheap. As for 3ds collecting, you have right! It's an exciting journey for the next couple years, and I believe you will enjoy it a lot (as I did on 2020-2022- propably my best and most exciting years of collectivity, and I 'm a gamer since 1993)!

Guile

Dogorilla

@Guile That's good going, getting 70 physical games in such a short space of time! There are quite a few 3DS games I still want to get, most of them are still fairly affordable thankfully but I'm sure at least some of them will be pricey before long so I'd better be quick. I think I've got most of the Wii U physical games I want, just got a few left to get such as Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, Paper Mario Color Splash and Art Academy Atelier (several paint-based games, oddly) and they're all quite reasonably priced at the moment. The only exception is Game & Wario which I think I'll have to get on the eShop, no idea why the physical version is so expensive now.

Funky Kong

Guile

@Dogorilla I bought Game & Wario used (but mint contition) 20Euros in 2020. I was very lucky. I think that they printed the game in very limited numbers and there was a big demand after pandemic due to Gamepad Use and no possible Switch port. Also It was in many Youtubers hidden gem videos and it's a Wario Fun game. Maybe all these factors raised the price of the game! I was also thinking to buy Art Academy Atelier the last 2 week. You are in my mind hahaha. But I don't know If I want it eventually. I still find it 20Euros sealed in my country. Maybe a game for my kids hahaha

Edited on by Guile

Guile

Dogorilla

@Guile That would make sense, G&W is the kind of game that wouldn't work on any other console so I suppose it's become a must-play for Wii U owners for that reason. Art Academy Atelier is one I could probably live without getting if I wasn't able to (I have the DS version and haven't played it in years) but it seems like it would work well on Wii U so I probably will pick it up as it's still relatively cheap.

Funky Kong

NintendoByNature

It's almost time. I have $48 in credit to blow on 3ds or wii u. I have most first party games I want, but still can't decide what else to grab. DQ VII, bowsers inside story, or a some bigger on wii u.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Tyranexx wrote:

I recently rounded up the last of the 3DS games/apps I wanted: Pokè Transporter and Mole Mania on the VC. I'm currently playing the latter on occasion and am enjoying it! Just need to round up a handful of Wii U VC titles yet over the next couple of months.

This aged somewhat poorly.

Thanks to the Capcom sales, I'm about ready to pull the trigger on Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney, Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, and Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice...after I rearrange some SD card storage.

Edit: Pulled the trigger. I now own all main series Ace Attorney games.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

skywake

I've probably said it before but I'm not super keen on the idea of rewarding Nintendo for shutting down the store by rushing to buy it before it closes down. If I didn't buy it then I'm not buying it now. Done is done, especially on a dead end platform

However, I did take this opportunity to copy my Wii U library from the janky old 250GB HDD to a spare 128GB SSD. A bit safer having the games in two spots, also a bit more convenient if I want to dig out the Wii U later to not have to deal with additional power for a HDD. The SSD is happy with the lower level of power the Wii U's USB ports deliver. Probably not going to be that much faster given USB 2.0 though

...... it might take a while to finish copying

Edit: seems it has enough power to run both drives but not both at the same time for large transfers. So the only way I can do it for the 10GB+ titles is to use the internal storage as an intermediate. Fun times

Probably would have been quicker to re-download them

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Buizel

skywake wrote:

Done is done, especially on a dead end platform

This is more-or-less my attitude, although I couldn't care less about if I'm "rewarding" Nintendo or not. They've already had plenty of money from me.

I'm playing my 3DS less than ever, so I've just accepted at this point that if I've not played a game on the console, I'll probably never get around to it anyway.

The Wii U? I realised I'm only keeping this around for the HD ports of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. The second those release on Switch I might just sell the console.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Dogorilla

I don't really agree with the concept of 'dead' consoles personally. Every console has its own unique features and exclusive games (and that's especially true of modern Nintendo consoles) so it's a shame they're treated as obsolete and have their services shut down once their successors release, even though I understand the necessity of it. I still use my 3DS and Wii U almost as much as my Switch, so I'm confident I'll eventually play all the games I've bought for them over the last year.

Funky Kong

1UP_MARIO

@skywake I have 2 Wii U’s. Can you tell me which ssd your using. I’m using a 500gb hdd which is usb powered with a y cable. It works but usually gets corrupted within 2 years to 3 years and I have to redownload. Externally powered hard drives always best from the mains and shouldn’t give you any problems but I don’t want the Wii U taking up 2 plugs. I like the clean look. The other and I think is the best solution I and others have found is 256gb sandisk high endurance cards. 256gb is the highest they do with these cards but they work perfect with the Wii U along with usb sd card reader plugged at the back with no additional power needed. Pics below

Untitled

Untitledpost image

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Tounushi

I've been dumping hundreds of euros in the past year to get exclusives before the shop closure, to the point Nintendo's started declining my credit card despite there being well enough coverage. It's just that every game has to be purchased separately on the UK/EU site, rather than putting them in a cart. At least I get to use funds through cards and Paypal usually cooperates with this quasi-addiction...

Anyway, I've been trying to keep track of discounts through PSPrices, and my last batch of games are those that have previously had discounts and the Super Mario Advance and Game and Watch Gallery series. Once that batch is done, that's it for getting games for those platforms and then it's the grind to beat them. I've bought a few that've gotten NSO or Switch ports afterwards, but oh well. It's either this way or the high seas if I want to play them.

Tounushi

Nintendo Network ID: Tounushi

Eel

I’ve been generously rewarding Nintendo over the past year. Simply because the 2DS is my favorite console, and I want to stuff it with goodies before it’s too late.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Matt_Barber

Just in case you're wondering what it would entail, The Completionist bought every single Wii U and 3DS eShop game, so there'll be at least one of each with a complete set for posterity's sake.

And yes, credit card companies, retail stores selling gift cards and Nintendo themselves will throw all manner of roadbloacks in front of people who try to do this.

Matt_Barber

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic