Forums

Topic: Wii U / 3DS eShop Exclusive Titles

Posts 161 to 180 of 269

NintendoByNature

Not to jinx it, but I just tried to use my credit card for a purchase on the website, to get megman V and it worked. Wasn't it supposed to stop taking Cc payments last week or something?

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Haven't checked wii u sales in forever but they had some capcom stuff for sale on the eshop. So I grabbed RE4 Wii edition. Why not have ANOTHER version of RE4 I guess lol. It was only 5 bucks and I never played the wii version so I might as well.

NintendoByNature

ralphdibny

@NintendoByNature noice! Should be worth a playthrough. We've had a few 3DS capcom sales in the UK but it's mainly been resi mercenaries and SF4, both of which I already own. Nothing on Wii U that I've spotted.

I love the turtles profile pic by the way! I played through shredders revenge with a friend the other day, it was brill!

I think I've pretty much bought everything I want across the two consoles now. I'm somewhat considering the various Ace Attorney games if they get put on sale. I may pick up the DSi Game&Watch ports and the separated Electroplankton softwares too.

I've already put £200 in to this mission so I'm not mega keen on spending more. Regarding the fire emblem malarkey, I might try and get physical copies and not bother with the DLC. They'd be for a rainy day anyway, I suspect I don't have enough life left to live to add 3 fire emblem games plus their DLC to my backlog.

I'm still plugging away at Fullblox (Stretchmo) too. I'm on the final world that unlocks after completing the other 4 paid worlds. I have actually kinda grown to hate the late game. The NES themed ones were so hard toward the end and I normally solved them by putting the DS down in frustration and coming back later only for the solution to be really obvious/finding it accidentally. I can't say they were satisfying solutions either. I like puzzle games that give you that Eureka moment but these later puzzles in Fullblox feel a bit more like simple solutions hidden from my tired and confused brain so when I solve them in seconds when I come back to a puzzle I've put down after spending half an hour wracking my brain, I jus kind of feel like, bleh.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Tyranexx

I still need to pick up a few titles. I've gradually been adding them to my library over time. I should be finished by the time both eShops close down. 3DS especially.

@ralphdibny Would you recommend the full Fullblox/Stretchmo suite? I do have the game DLed but admittedly haven't fired it up to try the tutorial puzzles out yet. Mainly since I just finished a Layton title a couple weeks back and didn't want to experience puzzle burnout lol.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@ralphdibny yea for sure. Figured at 5 bucks it was a steal. Thanks man! I opted for the physical so I'm patiently waiting on that to arrive from LRG.

NintendoByNature

ralphdibny

@NintendoByNature I played on game pass, I'll definitely get the physical too, both of Shredders revenge and the cowabunga collection. I got a real bug for turtles after playing Shredders revenge so I picked up that Mutants in Manhattan game this weekend(Xbox version because it turns out it is much cheaper to buy than the PS4 version)

@Tyranexx I'd say so yeah, just because it is fairly inexpensive and you get a lot of bang for your buck! I think I am being overly negative about the late game tbh, just a bit frustrated that it's taken me months to find the time to actually beat the game. Overall, I am definitely pleased that I bought it and in some ways I can't wait to go back and play Pullblox, Fallblox and Pullblox World.

Layton is another series I've never played, I think I may have to look into that at some point!

See ya!

NintendoByNature

@ralphdibny nice! I'm a huge turtles fan. I never played MiM though. Turtles games seem to be hit or miss over the years. Let me know how that is.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@ralphdibny I probably will pick up the whole lot then! Though it'll likely be a little bit yet lol. I can't speak for the other 'mo/'blox games besides Pushmo/Pullblox, which is indeed excellent.

I highly recommend the Layton series. Some are harder to get a hold of than others, but all the titles have a nice mix of puzzles.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

Big haul.

-Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U
-Batman Arkham Origins Wii U
-Dragon Quest VIII 3ds

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature In terms of hours, that's a massive haul. But a very good one.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea thanks. Batman might be one I Start before the other Two. Just wanted to make sure I grabbed them before the closure.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I don't blame you. I can't speak for Arkham Origins, but I can assure you that the other two are solid (albeit long) RPGs. XCX is a more sci-fi take on the Xenoblade series that focuses more on world building and exploration over its central plot (which is decent overall). Dragon Quest VIII is my favorite DQ to date in terms of everything but story...though I've only played three main series titles so far. Even though I have three other DQs waiting....

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I figured as much. I actually recall you saying VIII was your favorite and that played a part in deciding between VII and VIII! For what it's worth I guess lol.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature VIII is amazing! A very good plot, characters, music, and some QoL improvements over the original, such as no random encounters and new playable characters. I also have VII (3DS), IX, and XI S (Switch) waiting in the wings. Not sure which of those I'll get to next...or when.

HeavyMetalWario64DS

NintendoByNature wrote:

Not to jinx it, but I just tried to use my credit card for a purchase on the website, to get megman V and it worked. Wasn't it supposed to stop taking Cc payments last week or something?

Credit cards will always work on the website, as Switch is the main system the website is for. Funds added to either 3DS/Wii U or Switch work for all as long as the 3DS/Wii U is linked to a Nintendo Account.

What stopped working with the CCs is the ability to use them on 3DS/Wii U, not the website or Switch. Unfortunately this means that you can no longer add the remaining funds needed for a purchase on 3DS/Wii U, and have to add them in $5 increments on Switch or the website. This means that to buy your $4.99 game (starting from $0 E-Shop funds), you have to add $10 since the tax will put it over $5.

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Tounushi

HeavyMetalWario64DS wrote:

NintendoByNature wrote:

Credit cards will always work on the website, as Switch is the main system the website is for. Funds added to either 3DS/Wii U or Switch work for all as long as the 3DS/Wii U is linked to a Nintendo Account.

I use the UK website for purchases, since I'm in the EU area. I haven't even used the consoles' own eShop apps for purchases for a long time, instead I buy them from the Nintendo site directly. I find it's easiest to do purchases that way.
Especially since I've lined up a monthly purchase plan to nab as many 3DS and Wii U exclusive titles as I can (including the TurboGrafx, GBA, DS, Wii, etc. Virtual Console titles) until March. I just have a spreadsheet with a set money value's worth of games per month and links to the site.

I wonder, though, are there any good games that were only available on the eShop and not the site? And I'm talking exclusives or Virtual Console titles, not indie games I could play on my phone or get through Steam.

Tounushi

Nintendo Network ID: Tounushi

Dogorilla

I've just bought Go Go Kokopolo 3D while it's 50% off (that's a game that should be added to the list of exclusives along with its DSiWare predecessor). I was thinking I would pass on this as I'm mainly focusing on buying games that are built around the 3DS and Wii U hardware features, which I don't think this one is particularly, but as it's on offer and it's apparently very good I might as well get it.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Dogorilla

I want to check out the Denpa Men games as there's almost no chance of them coming to Switch in the future. I'm thinking I'll just get the third one as it's the newest and each game in the series seems to be more or less an improved version of the one before. Anyone who's played these games ( @Eel maybe?) do you think that's a good idea or are the games different enough to justify playing all three?

Funky Kong

Eel

@Dogorilla the third one is definitely the best one. So if you only have time for one, that’s my definite recommendation.

You don’t really need to play them all in order, but doing so lets you carry over your main denpa man through the three stories. Since the games follow a single continuity, it’s nice but not super necessary.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dogorilla

@Eel Thanks, I'll stick with the third game then. I've got so many 3DS RPGs I haven't played yet it's probably best that I don't add all three games to my backlog 😅

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic