Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

Posts 421 to 440 of 480

empsolo

@Operative: Yeah. It took me roughly 15 hours to beat the final stage alone. So you aren't alone.

empsolo

Yoshi

If you're having trouble getting to the boss in Sky Temple, then Hammerwear is your best friend. If you're having trouble on the boss, the Queen of Hearts works well.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

BigBabyPeach

Everyone - literally everyone - leaves the session as soon as they see that they have to start at the Fortress level of the Den of Trials because of me. This is so effing stupid.

Edited on by BigBabyPeach

BigBabyPeach

LinkSword

It seems many folks have trouble with the last floor of the Den. In our case we were two sword masters and one knight - or whatever that outfit is called - and they didn't last long at all, and did minimal damage. I'd recommend those outfits for any who are stuck there.

I was also lucky in the sense that those two were pretty legit people. Clearly they were further in the Den than I was by their reactions to later checkpoints not being activated, but still didn't mind repeating the previous areas with me. And it was all smooth sailing from there on.

Edited on by LinkSword

LinkSword

BigBabyPeach

Does anyone know how you can obtain Friendly Tokens after the update? The street merchant sold me 1 token on the first day, but on the 2nd and 3rd day he started offering me regular items again, so now I'm stuck here with 1 measly token :/

BigBabyPeach

gokev13

I picked this game up over a week ago and I really enjoy it. For the most part the online players I have been paired with are good players that seem eager to finish a level and have fun doing it. Unfortunately there are a few times when I get paired with someone and I cannot tell whether they are incompetent or trolling or both. I was wondering if anyone has any humorous or frustrating encounters they would want to share. Who knows, maybe you were paired with me at one point and found me frustrating to play with.

gokev13

ultraraichu

gokev13 wrote:

I picked this game up over a week ago and I really enjoy it. For the most part the online players I have been paired with are good players that seem eager to finish a level and have fun doing it. Unfortunately there are a few times when I get paired with someone and I cannot tell whether they are incompetent or trolling or both. I was wondering if anyone has any humorous or frustrating encounters they would want to share. Who knows, maybe you were paired with me at one point and found me frustrating to play with.

As long as you're not the type to control and dominate what your teammates do, especially when the teammates got more experience with the stages than the control freak, I don't mind. I like playing with new people and watching how they would solve a puzzle. I wouldn't emoji how to solve it but I'll be at the right spot with my item ready as a hint.

My most interesting encounter is a few post up (444).
In all my team-ups, the best one is the ones that trust their teammates (unless they are trolls). When one person takes the role of "leader", that's when it gets harder to complete.

Edited on by ultraraichu

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

DreamyViridi

gokev13 wrote:

Well, one time I was paired with a Red Link named Lucas. He randomly refused to co-operate with us in stage 3 of a Ruins level we were in; maybe because the game didn't pick his choice. He kept throwing us off and making us lose fairies. Eventually, with 3 hearts and no fairies left; the other Link picked him up to light a torch but he refused to do so. 2 minutes later, I shrugged, picked up the totem and walked off the ledge to end that stupidity. Afterwards, he left before I did so me and the other player waited for a 3rd random and finished the Ruins together. I currently only have one individual on the Blacklist right now.

The rest of my main adventure was pleasant, and all of the players I was paired with were OK or better.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

gokev13

@ultraraichu: You are right in saying that it goes better when you are not trying to control and dominate. It is interesting because a lot of the puzzles seem to have multiple ways to reach the same conclusion. I think it is the first level where there are two poles with switches on them and a Chu on each. The way my team first did it was to have a totem of three and throw the top person on the highest pole in a way so he can defeat the Chu without getting hit off. Then you do that with the medium sized pole and everyone steps on their switch, problem solved. For the timed challenge it can be quick but risky to do it this way if the chus keep knocking the Links off the poles.

One team I was paired with taught me that it is safer and effective to totem three high and kill the chu on the medium pole and then throw a two Link totem on the medium pole and have the top Link shoot the Chu on the Highest pole with arrows. It is then easier to get everyone on the proper switch. After learning that, every time I try to do the timed challenge for the level I find that a lot of time the other two teammates are fighting over how to get everyone safely on the switches and we evidently run out of time. I think I was forced to complete that one single player.

gokev13

gokev13

@DreamyViridi: That's kind of funny because I seem to remember having the same kind of experience and even though I don't quite remember the name of the Link, Lucas did ring a bell, but that would probably be a pretty big coincidence. We were doing one of the "protect the orb" challenges and this guy would not let go of the orb even though we either needed him to shoot something with an arrow or pick both of us up and point us in the right direction. He then seemed to be getting frustrated with us and started throwing my teammate of the cliff over and over. It was in the 3 area in my case as well. I tried to blacklist him but there was some kind of error and it didn't go through so maybe I will see him again someday.

I know I have been a bonehead at times as well where the other 2 Links seemed to know exactly what they were doing and I wasn't seeing the solution right away but I don't turn into a troll because I want to actually finish the level but I have had guys sit out of reach after defeating a boss and refusing to come to the triforce for a considerable amount of time.

I have had someone grab me right when we connected in the lobby and then just stand there holding me while we waited forever for a third person to connect. Eventually we got to play a level with someone but they left right after and the person grabbed me again and just stood there and we waited for a long time again (it was the middle of the night for me). I eventually just hit the power button.

I had someone seemingly know exactly what they were doing until the boss fight and then sit back and watch both of us struggle trying to kill Arrghus which is a whole lot easier when the Link with the water rod actually uses the water rod. Eventually after a bunch of wasted time and lives the third Link actually helped and we defeated Arrghus by a hair. I half expected them to disconnect at that point but it didn't happen. I am not sure if this person was actually trying to troll us or suddenly had something come up in real life that they were dealing with while trying to play. I guess I will never know. It is a fun game though.

gokev13

LadyCharlie

Are a lot of people still playing this game?
I spend a bit more time waiting to connect to online players now, than I did a month ago.
Which is scary because I haven't finished the game yet.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

TuVictus

I pretty much just gave up. I can't get a group that's able to finish the final dungeon, and it's become nothing short of a chore to go through each battle arena just to die a bunch before we even get to the boss.

TuVictus

DreamyViridi

I've stopped for now as well but I imagine that online will be a bit more populated during and after Christmas.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

ultraraichu

I'm taking a little break from it for now. I love playing with and helping out people even when I completed everything in the game (I normally pick I can't decide), but sometimes you just get the bossy know it all lone wolf "leader" types that spam commands like crazy like everyone else is dumb but they make it harder for the team, even when they're new to the game. I got a huge headache for 2 days last week because of the consent SFX from the emojis people spam. Wish I can turn the volume for that off and keep the rest on.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

crimsontadpoles

I had great fun playing this earlier with some good random players. I played levels 5-2, 5-3 and 5-4 with them, and it was so good because the other players had a similar skill level to me and they also hadn't played 5-3 or 5-4 before (they probably both played 5-2 just before I joined them, but I vaguely remembered it from the demo). A lot of the puzzles stumped all of us for a while, so it was really enjoyable that we all took a lot of time to interact with everything and work out what to do at a slow, relaxed pace. If I didn't know how to something, then they also didn't know meaning we had to experiment together.

The 5-4 boss was great with them, even though we used the remaining fairies there. It took a long time to figure out how to do each of the three parts. We eventually found a good rhythm and in our final life we did the first two parts very quickly with little damage, allowing us to defeat stage 3 of the boss and win.

Whether I love this game or get frustrated depends completely on the other players. When playing a new level, this game is insanely fun if the other players cooperate, also don't know what to do, and are similarly skilled to me.

It's not as fun if the other players aren't anywhere near as good as me, but I don't mind if they at least give it their best shot. If I know the solution of a puzzle but other players don't know what to do and are experimenting, then I try not to reveal the answer straight away but instead help them do what they want and only gradually start to hint at the solution. It can be annoying if I'm with a player that has done the level before and instantly says exactly what to do since I enjoy trying to workout the puzzles for myself.

I had a bad player yesterday who was very uncooperative after the third player picked up the bombs leaving me and the bad player with gust items (that's unusual since I find players usually prefer to have the same item as another player, leaving me with the unique item, but I guess bombs are cool). The bad player kept picking the player with the bombs up and chucking him to the last gust item wanting him to switch so he could have bombs. Eventually the bad player picked up the last gust item but he soon left.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

ultraraichu

Seems like they released an update for the game today. This one introduce Hero points which are points given when a hero finish a level in Online Play that they didn't vote for (or voted "I can't decide!") and heroes who play levels to completion in Local Play. They can be used to get materials for outfits or to power up the Bear Minimum.

I guess this is a way to counter people who d/c from a team when they don't get the stage/mission they want and are salty about helping others. I hear (not 100% sure on this) that you can lose hero points if you d/c during a stage. I wonder if you also lose points if someone deems you as a false hero?

In any case I wouldn't be able to try for myself until after 9 tonight when I get home so I'll have to wait. This is a nice patch for all the new players that are going to pop up this week.

LzWinky

I hope not. I keep getting d/c ed a lot

But I do like the hero points system. It will make getting materials in challenges a lot easier

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

Yeah I just got a spotpass notification about the update, which is surprising as I'm used to hearing news from Spotpass notifications literally days or even weeks late.

I hope this helps to curb the disconnects. And the power up costumes things gives me an excuse to pick up this game again.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Sorry, this topic has been locked.