Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

Posts 101 to 120 of 480

Peek-a-boo

Just cancelled my pre-order for three reasons, but mainly the third and final reason:

a) The newest trailer that was posted on Nintendo YouTube page is thoroughly uninspiring. It's like Four Swords Adventure without the fun.
b) I still cannot get over the three player system, which goes into my next point ...
c) The online side of things is actually region-locked by the region you buy the game!

I have a couple of friends in New York, New Zealand, Fiji and South America and this BAFFLING decision means I cannot play online with my friends! I don't know anybody in my home country who has a 3DS, let alone someone who is interested in buying this game.

Poor show Nintendo, and they are still (unsurprisingly) stuck in the past too.

Peek-a-boo

-Godot

This game looks like it could be really short... Does anyone know anything about the length?
I'm hoping it's AT LEAST six or seven hours long (already quite short), but it looks like it's not even going to be close... No length, no buy, Nintendo. Don't expect me to have fun playing the same levels over and over again...
@Luffymcduck: Yep! And given all the negativity about the game on the site, you'll probably have to play download play quite a lot!

Currently bored (while change when I stop being bored)

AceDefective

@-Godot: Probably the same length as the FS (Four Sword) games, which apparently FSA was... 15 hours?!
That... can't be right. Granted, I've never marathon the game (or any Zelda game) but 15 hours? Huh.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Blast

How many times do I need to say this? Stick to Hyrule Warriors before Zelda U comes. This game is coming at a bad time... Huge Zelda oversaturation going on.

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

cookiex

Blast wrote:

How many times do I need to say this? Stick to Hyrule Warriors before Zelda U comes. This game is coming at a bad time... Huge Zelda oversaturation going on.

Who are you to decide on what people should play or not?

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

TuVictus

I dunno, I'm still excited by the concept. I just wish I had local friends to play with.

TuVictus

LzWinky

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Just cancelled my pre-order for three reasons, but mainly the third and final reason:

a) The newest trailer that was posted on Nintendo YouTube page is thoroughly uninspiring. It's like Four Swords Adventure without the fun.
b) I still cannot get over the three player system, which goes into my next point ...
c) The online side of things is actually region-locked by the region you buy the game!

I have a couple of friends in New York, New Zealand, Fiji and South America and this BAFFLING decision means I cannot play online with my friends! I don't know anybody in my home country who has a 3DS, let alone someone who is interested in buying this game.

Poor show Nintendo, and they are still (unsurprisingly) stuck in the past too.

You must really want to play a very laggy game of Tri Force Heroes

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Yoshi

We know for certain that the game has 32 dungeons, and from what I've picked up from Treehouse Live, each dungeon has four segments: three for dungeon crawling, one for the boss. There's also challenge mode where you go through the dungeons using a different, more challenging set of items.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Seacliff

-Godot wrote:

This game looks like it could be really short... Does anyone know anything about the length?
I'm hoping it's AT LEAST six or seven hours long (already quite short), but it looks like it's not even going to be close... No length, no buy, Nintendo. Don't expect me to have fun playing the same levels over and over again...
@Luffymcduck: Yep! And given all the negativity about the game on the site, you'll probably have to play download play quite a lot!

They confirmed that their are 8 areas, each with four levels. That means this game has 32 levels (compared to FSA which had 24). If we assume that each level in Tri Force Heroes is fifteen minutes, then the game is already 8 hours WITHOUT replaying levels. I say this because going by the item and clothing system, it's also safe to assume some stages will have multiple paths, increasing repeatability.

These are just guesses, I have no idea how long each level will take. But I can see it being like this.

And yes, FSA is around fifteen hours... maybe a little less come to think of it. Maybe a better guess is 10-15 hours. Some of the stages in that game can take some time, a few were over a half-hour for me.

Seacliff

Blast

cookiex wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'm just a gamer whose been seeing people say they're getting burn out on Zelda.

Master of the Hype Train

cookiex

Blast wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'm just a gamer whose been seeing people say they're getting burn out on Zelda.

So you're saying people should avoid this game because some other random people say they are getting burnt out on the franchise? That makes sense.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

cookiex wrote:

Blast wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Blast wrote:

So you're saying people should avoid this game because some other random people say they are getting burnt out on the franchise? That makes sense.

You're being very defensive about someone's opinion. Relax. I can tell anybody whatever I want. Just like you. Jeez.

Master of the Hype Train

Luffymcduck

@-Godot

Hahaha, yes, that's what I'm planning to do. I can actually communicate them, unlike in online mode which only has icons for communication.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

Whydoievenbother

Am I the only one who notices a problem with the new princess's dilema being that she's stuck in a dress that she doesn't like and that she locks herself away?

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Yoshi

MrMario02 wrote:

Am I the only one who notices a problem with the new princess's dilema being that she's stuck in a dress that she doesn't like and that she locks herself away?

It's a Nintendo game. When is plot ever the main focus?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Iggly

Here's some good news for the online mode, you can fill the third spot with a random person if you only have one friend playing with you which is pretty convenient for those times where you don't have a second friend willing to play. There's also proof of friendship tokens you can get if you play with friends locally (Either regular or download play works fine) to get a few costumes which is pretty cool. http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/12/zelda-tri-force-heroes-w...

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Pokefanmum82

On the official website it says you can play with friends on your friends list and players around the world. It says nothing about it being locked to your region.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

kkslider5552000

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

On the official website it says you can play with friends on your friends list and players around the world. It says nothing about it being locked to your region.

plz tell me the region locking was a lie. That would be hilarious.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

veeflames

Wow. I watched some Triforce Heroes gameplay on NLIfe, and I must say, I'm really looking forward to play this game now. Still not sold on the stupid costume thing, though... this is coming from someone who loves the variety in Splatoon gear. At least that game did it right... :S
The promotional art for the game is just adorable; how can anyone say no to it? And the in-game picture chat is very effective in showing how you feel after something has happened, IMO.
Yep, I sure do want this game. NOW.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Tiefseemiez

@VeeFlamesNL: Lol, I mainly want this game, because I like how stupid those costumes are.
And because of the promotional art. And because of it's Zelda.
Also I happen to know exactly two other people who own a 3DS. Now I only have to get them to gather around one table with me. <3

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.