Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,461 to 4,480 of 5,084

DreamyViridi

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

@DreamyViridi I'm on right now, you can sign on to Clay's Chatzy if you want to talk.

Sorry, dude. I was out all day today. I'm available all day tomorrow though.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TeeJay

MetalK9 wrote:

derek_combatir wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

derek_combatir wrote:

Has anyone seen this? it's about sakurai and clones...

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-clone-characters...

basically saying those who complain are mostly kids XD

Yeah, I guessed as much. They weren't originally planned but Sakurai wanted to make them somewhat unique.

I can see a lot of people getting mad by his arguments, but he's right... still.. their comments make me laugh XD

So they're basically Alt Costumes with kinks and quirks. Still don't see why it was a bother just to take up 4 costume slots for an alt, but whatever. The more the merrier. Pretty sure people wanted to know what Marth was like without Tip Bonus. Works out well for some. And I just can't get over the fact that Sakurai said "Leave it to me."

When Link joins the battle, Sakurai is in charge of the hype train!

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

OCTAGON

NoUsernameHere wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

NoUsernameHere wrote:

Is there a way to turn off items in Classic? They ruin an otherwise perfect mode imo.

No. Where have you been since the dawn of smash?

Ah, okay.

I've been rave-partying in @3DSfan134's basement. It's actually quite comfortable down there.

Indeed you are with us!

An octagon has 8 fantastic sides and 8 awesome angles.
Backlog
Smash 4 Batlle Card
R.I.P. Satoru Iwata....

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother | Twitter:

MrGameluvr

Does anyone know of an easy way to get Mii outfits? I only have one challenge left to do (Collect 3 custom outfits), have run through Classic and Smash Run multiple times, and I have only been able to obtain one outfit. Please help!

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

Yoshi

MrGameluvr wrote:

Does anyone know of an easy way to get Mii outfits? I only have one challenge left to do (Collect 3 custom outfits), have run through Classic and Smash Run multiple times, and I have only been able to obtain one outfit. Please help!

I've found that playing on higher intensities and completing other challenges will give you outfits.

EDIT: I'm not sure on the intensities, but other challenges should give you some outfits.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

CapeSmash

My Smash Run addiction is extremely unhealthy.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MrGameluvr

brewsky wrote:

MrGameluvr wrote:

I've found that playing on higher intensities and completing other challenges will give you outfits.

EDIT: I'm not sure on the intensities, but other challenges should give you some outfits.

I've already beaten the other challenges (34/35) but I will try higher intensities. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

NintendoFan64

SockoMario wrote:

My Smash Run addiction is extremely unhealthy.

Same here. And I'm probably not going to stop anytime soon, thanks to the challenge of getting in first as every character.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Undead_terror

I played smash run and beaten it with all characters...now I got to see which character I didn't get first with...

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

LzWinky

Pro-tip on Smash Run: Use the highest level spinning blades for those tough enemies like Reaper, Mimicutie (spelling?), etc.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Yoshi

Mimicutie is correct. And I hate those things so much.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

mystman12

Maybe I need to take a break... After playing lots of Smash today I decided to play Ice Climbers (I don't really know why ) and I was trying to use "X" to jump and I was also trying to use "R" to shield and sidestep. Now I'm in my bed trying to go to sleep and I keep feeling this weird sensation, similar to when you spend the day out in a boat and feel like your bed is rocking, that's like I need to sidestep or something..? I dunno, it's really weird! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play more Smash... Probably in my dreams.

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

UGXwolf

I played a number of online matches. I think 8? 6 against a guy using Samus and 2 against a guy using Falco, and I lost every single one of them using any number of my mains. This is why I say competitive Smash is no fun unless you're already one of the best. I left and looked at the menu and my first thought was "Smash Run will be fun!" then I got to the character select screen and was just like "On second thought, I'm sick of Smash." @__@

I don't hate other players for being good. This is the thing that people don't seem to get. I don't hate other people for being better than me. I hate them for expecting me to enjoy it when I very clearly don't even stand a chance. IMO, the FGC ruins games for people like me that are casual-competitive. I'd LOVE to play this game for hours and hours and hours a day and get good and be one of the best, but I just can't. I don't have that kind of time or attention span.

Normally my next thought would be to go "For Fun" but the item frequency makes that feel more like a roulette than a fight. I have a chance, but it's no better than anyone else's. It just annoys me, I guess. I've always felt I have this problem where either I'm playing against someone that doesn't stand a chance or I don't stand a chance and either way, it just stops being fun for me. Anyone else ever get that feeling?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

May_Nyan

Does anyone else find the Sword part of Master Core hardest?
The Human shaped one is actually easiest to me also... I thought that the forms which appear on harder difficulties would be harder...
I don't know if it's intentionally set so the hardest one always appears...

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

TeeJay

UGXwolf wrote:

I played a number of online matches. I think 8? 6 against a guy using Samus and 2 against a guy using Falco, and I lost every single one of them using any number of my mains. This is why I say competitive Smash is no fun unless you're already one of the best. I left and looked at the menu and my first thought was "Smash Run will be fun!" then I got to the character select screen and was just like "On second thought, I'm sick of Smash." @__@

I don't hate other players for being good. This is the thing that people don't seem to get. I don't hate other people for being better than me. I hate them for expecting me to enjoy it when I very clearly don't even stand a chance. IMO, the FGC ruins games for people like me that are casual-competitive. I'd LOVE to play this game for hours and hours and hours a day and get good and be one of the best, but I just can't. I don't have that kind of time or attention span.

Normally my next thought would be to go "For Fun" but the item frequency makes that feel more like a roulette than a fight. I have a chance, but it's no better than anyone else's. It just annoys me, I guess. I've always felt I have this problem where either I'm playing against someone that doesn't stand a chance or I don't stand a chance and either way, it just stops being fun for me. Anyone else ever get that feeling?

Well, I thought I was casual-competitive until you posted this. I mean, I win most of my matches in For Glory with my two mains so...guess that means I'm competitive?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

May_Nyan

I've still been too scared to try a "For Glory" match
I guess I should soon
Most of my playtime is single player though

May_Nyan

Grumblevolcano

brewsky wrote:

Mimicutie is correct. And I hate those things so much.

I definitely find them more annoying in Smash Run than Kid Icarus Uprising as at least in the latter you can dodge in 3D compared with Smash's 2D..

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.