Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,041 to 3,060 of 5,084

TeeJay

Online Smash Run would have been nice but it's not a deal-breaker for me. However, I do hope regular online matches are at least playable this time around. Any word on how well it works since Japan got the game? Other than the Peach banning oversight?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Ralizah

TeeJay wrote:

Online Smash Run would have been nice but it's not a deal-breaker for me. However, I do hope regular online matches are at least playable this time around. Any word on how well it works since Japan got the game? Other than the Peach banning oversight?

Kotaku has reported that the online is laggy as hell, unfortunately.

Hope the Wii U one is better in this regard.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CapeSmash

Smash 3DS looks like an N64 game. Bad character models (i.e. Ganon, Bowser Jr.) and horribly pixelated textures. Melee looks a million times better, which is sad because Melee is a 13 year old game and I believe the 3DS is more powerful than the GameCube.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CapeSmash

Ralizah wrote:

Get a Wii LAN adapter.

Smash Mains:

TuVictus

Ralizah wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Kotaku has reported that the online is laggy as hell, unfortunately.

Were the kotaku people playing in the US? Maybe that would explain the lag. I've heard it's not too bad in other places on the Internet

TuVictus

Undead_terror

SockoMario wrote:

Smash 3DS looks like an N64 game. Bad character models (i.e. Ganon, Bowser Jr.) and horribly pixelated textures. Melee looks a million times better, which is sad because Melee is a 13 year old game and I believe the 3DS is more powerful than the GameCube.

So the game looks like this
Untitled
Talking about 2 smashs ago, a game on a less powerful device looks a MILLION TIMES BETTER (remember that people!)...can't satisfy no one you can't, the game looks really good to me and look at the difference in content!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Jazzer94

Ralizah wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

So, anyone else disappointed that Smash Run doesn't support online play? Doesn't bode well for the online mode in this game.

I'm more upset even local play suffers from lag.

In Smash Run? That sucks. At least the normal local matches I've played with the demo have been relatively lag-free.

Haven't watched Smash Run but regular matches suffer from it at times so I'd assume Smash Run with all the extra stuff happening will too.

SockoMario wrote:

Utter nonsense it in no way looks like an N64 game.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TuVictus

SockoMario wrote:

You either have bad eyesight or have never seen smash 64/melee. This game looks about as graphically good as Brawl if not a bit under it

TuVictus

Storytime7

SockoMario wrote:

You might want to get your eyes checked.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Joeynator3000

lol, here we go again with over exaggerating the graphics quality. xD
This game looks nothing like the N64 game, like everyone else has said, it's more in between Melee in Brawl.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CapeSmash

Undead_terror wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled
Talking about 2 smashs ago, a game on a less powerful device looks a MILLION TIMES BETTER (remember that people!)...can't satisfy no one you can't, the game looks really good to me and look at the difference in content!

The textures look better than Smash 3DS in that screenshot.

Operative wrote:

You either have bad eyesight or have never seen smash 64/melee. This game looks about as graphically good as Brawl if not a bit under it

Smash 3DS looks like Brawl running on Windows XP. Plus Melee does look better.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

Tasuki

How does it feel gameplay wise? Does it feel more balanced like Melee or more like Brawl?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Undead_terror

Tasuki wrote:

How does it feel gameplay wise? Does it feel more balanced like Melee or more like Brawl?

Oh the gameplay is amazing! I might have a spare code I can give you on backlog so you can try it out! can't say it will work, if not then you got to wait for the 19th.
But ya I will be enjoying this when the full game comes out!

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

CapeSmash

Tasuki wrote:

The game is extremely fast, and fast falling is like Melee. It feels great!

Smash Mains:

TuVictus

SockoMario wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled

The textures look better than Smash 3DS in that screenshot.

Operative wrote:

Smash 3DS looks like Brawl running on Windows XP. Plus Melee does look better.

I disagree about melee looking better because those textures were very simple. This game has definite better looking well everything. Even if it is a portable version

TuVictus

DefHalan

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Also, where's mah stage builder Sakurai?! TwT
Surprised they took it out in this version, maybe it'll happen in an update. If not it better be in Wii U's game.

I am thinking/hoping the Stage builder will be in the Wii U version. It might not have made it to the 3DS version for memory issues, or that we will be able to share levels over Miiverse and without 3DS Smash Miiverse they figured it was pointless.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Action4jackson

Can every1 plz add me on the wii u and 3DS

fc: 2148-8408-0661 ID:gamer 4047 Get ready to smash

3DS Friend Code: 2148-8408-0661 | Nintendo Network ID: gamer4047

Tasuki

Undead_terror wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Oh the gameplay is amazing! I might have a spare code I can give you on backlog so you can try it out! can't say it will work, if not then you got to wait for the 19th.
But ya I will be enjoying this when the full game comes out!

No worries if you don't, I can wait till the 19th. Honestly I have only read things on Melee and Brawl the only Smash Bros game I have played is on the N64 and I wasn't impressed with it, but after hearing all the stuff about this one I want to give the series another chance so I am really looking forward to this game. (I just hope I have enough for it on launch day or I might have to end up waiting until Christmas to get it.)

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

retropunky

That's what has me thinking. The special mode (forgot what it's called) is exclusive to the 3DS. I really hope the stage builder makes it on the Wii U version, as a sort of exclusive mode.

Speaking of which, it's only a matter of days before the demo comes out!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Joeynator3000

PKpunky wrote:

That's what has me thinking. The special mode (forgot what it's called) is exclusive to the 3DS. I really hope the stage builder makes it on the Wii U version, as a sort of exclusive mode.

Speaking of which, it's only a matter of days before the demo comes out!

Smash Run, and yeah I'm sure Wii U is going to get some epic exclusive mode. I'm sure Amiibo can only be used on that version for the time being too. (think the 3DS version has to wait until next year or something)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.