Forums

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Posts 661 to 669 of 669

Ralizah

@El_Scorpio Yeah, don't worry too much about stats and levels in this game. This isn't Final Fantasy. To emphasize what Spoony said, skills are what's important in this game. Well, having the right combination of skills, and knowing how to use them.

Honestly, you should be fusing demons throughout the game.

I know it's hard, but don't get attached to your demons. Your party should be shifting constantly throughout the game. In fact, it'll have to, because sometimes you have to build entire teams in order to be able to counter the threat posed by a particularly tough boss.

Your demon capacity will increase throughout the game and require less active juggling of demons at any one time later on, but never get complacent. The moment you let your guard down, this game will knock your teeth out.

I'm assuming you're still in Naraku, right? Haven't fought any bosses yet?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah Thanks for adding. I was hoping someone would add to what I said as it's been a while since I've played these games. Now seeing this topic gives me the urge to play them again lol. Where's V at!!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech The wait for SMT V is endless, my friend. I've been on pins and needles waiting for it for three years now, and, knowing how early in development it was announced (it wasn't, basically; they only REALLY started full development in 2018, lol), I'll probably be on pins and needles for at least a couple more.

Thankfully, I own a PS2 and 3DS, so I have access to a lot of old SMT games that I still need to play.

Edited on by Ralizah

El_Scorpio

Yes, I am still in Naraku and boss...? I don't know. I slained some two-headed lion as a quest from K's Tavern but it it was a boss I am not sure. How to know when fusion is profitable for me? Or every fusion is good? Can't I make weaker demon by fusing two others?

A strong man doesn't need to read the future... He makes his own.

Laoak

When was this game announced? Was it in 2018?

{funny quote here}

Spoony_Tech

@LetsGoSwitch It was announced before the Switch was even out lol.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

@El_Scorpio Yeah, don't just fuse randomly. But worry less about the levels and more about new varieties of demons, demons with access to new skills, etc.

With that said, as mentioned, you can usually get pretty close to your current level, or higher, with new fusions.

Want a non-spoilery tip that'll make your life a LOT easier in the VERY near future?
Try to get bufu on all of your active demons ASAP. And buffs. Ideally, accuracy reduction and attack reduction buffs. But you're going to NEED bufu very soon.

Once you're out of Naraku, your options for team building will grow tremendously. Please know that the game is at its most challenging at this stage, and that it massively opens up before long.

Edited on by Ralizah

El_Scorpio

Alright, I was forced to change the difficulty. I was not enjoying the game at default one at all and was thinking about switching rather to some other game. Now it's better.

A strong man doesn't need to read the future... He makes his own.

JoeDiddley

@El_Scorpio it’s really worth sticking with but the beginning of the game is really hard, then it eases off. It can be quite off putting I’m sure.

I played Apocalypse first which is the wrong way around but made it much easier for me.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic