Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 681 to 700 of 777

AlliMeadow

MegaBeedrill wrote:

AlliMeadow wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I'm pretty sure the 3ds and wii families are dead now that we're moving to the NX

It makes more sense for them to make Z on the NX, as how else would any pre gen 6 pokemon make it to gen 7? etc. It'd be an entirely new console unrelated or linked to the 3ds family.. no pokebank or transfer, or anything DS related to link the DS/3DS/GBA games. Atleast maybe we'd be able to trade between x/y/or/as and Z through their servers and bring over stuff to Z so we can transfer stuff from Z to gen 7 games on the NX.

There's no reason to believe that the Pokébank won't function on the new system, whatever it may be. They stated when Pokébank was released that they planned on using it for further generations as well. There is still no reason to think that Pokémon Z won't appear on the 3DS. GameFreak has never had a console leap within a generation of Pokémon, and there is no reason to think they will.

TPC said that it would work for future generations, nintendo on the other hand didn't say that they were on the same page. TPC and Nintendo don't have the same marketing plan.

Remember TPC said "pokebank will work for future gens" before nintendo even mentioned plans on the NX (patents and what not, it was just beginning development). TPC probably expected two generations on the 3ds console like gen 4 and 5, but that's not happening it seems. Unless nintendo keeps the 3ds alive as-is for many many more years and keeps new titles coming.

Also I highly doubt your pattern of "no generation console leap" is relavant, they have been breaking patterns all year. By the pattern logic, Z should have been guaranteed out right now since, by pattern says, we get a game yearly.

Someone breaking a pattern is not proof that they will continue to do so. I'm not saying it's impossible for Pokémon Z to be released on a new console, I'm saying it's improbable. There is nothing to go on that supports the idea of Pokémon Z releasing on a new platform. The only thing we have to go on are past events, and those point to Pokémon Z being released on the 3DS.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

-Juice-

MegaBeedrill wrote:

AlliMeadow wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I'm pretty sure the 3ds and wii families are dead now that we're moving to the NX

It makes more sense for them to make Z on the NX, as how else would any pre gen 6 pokemon make it to gen 7? etc. It'd be an entirely new console unrelated or linked to the 3ds family.. no pokebank or transfer, or anything DS related to link the DS/3DS/GBA games. Atleast maybe we'd be able to trade between x/y/or/as and Z through their servers and bring over stuff to Z so we can transfer stuff from Z to gen 7 games on the NX.

There's no reason to believe that the Pokébank won't function on the new system, whatever it may be. They stated when Pokébank was released that they planned on using it for further generations as well. There is still no reason to think that Pokémon Z won't appear on the 3DS. GameFreak has never had a console leap within a generation of Pokémon, and there is no reason to think they will.

TPC said that it would work for future generations, nintendo on the other hand didn't say that they were on the same page. TPC and Nintendo don't have the same marketing plan.

Remember TPC said "pokebank will work for future gens" before nintendo even mentioned plans on the NX (patents and what not, it was just beginning development). TPC probably expected two generations on the 3ds console like gen 4 and 5, but that's not happening it seems. Unless nintendo keeps the 3ds alive as-is for many many more years and keeps new titles coming.

Also I highly doubt your pattern of "no generation console leap" is relavant, they have been breaking patterns all year. By the pattern logic, Z should have been guaranteed out right now since, by pattern says, we get a game yearly.

For several past generations, the final game in each generation came out during the spring, with a year devoid of a main game release preceding it. Anyone who WASN'T expecting not to get a Pokemon game for 2015 really needs to look back at what happens historically with the "expansion version".

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Pokemon has only been yearly in the West because they narrowed the release gap towards a unified release. The Japanese schedule (which is more reflective of Game Freak's actual development schedule) had a break in 2011 between BW1 and BW2. So really they've held to the pattern of making 3 games in a row and taking a break, so the 2015 break was not unexpected at all.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Kylo_Ren

Do you think we will get an explanation of the mysterious ghost girl? Maybe post-game.

Kylo_Ren

Tyranexx

Aarod_Kong wrote:

@Kylo_Ren: We might. After all, Game Freak did give us a rather dark explanation for the ghost girl in the 5th gen games.

If memory serves, was this the girl on the bridge east of Nimbasa? I don't believe I've ever heard/read an explanation.

Now this is making me wonder about the ghosts in the Old Chateau from D/P/Pt.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SCRAPPER392

I've been playing Pokemon Y. I never even went to go get any legendary Pokemon, though. I ran into Moltres for the first time in Y a few days ago and don't really want to change my team. I haven't played it since a few months after it came out.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Tyranexx

@Aarod_Kong: I went ahead and looked up the Strange House on Bulbapedia and found some bits of her dialogue. I recall that section of the game now, it's been a few years though. XD It's still pretty vague, but at least it explains what she was doing on the bridge.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

Kylo_Ren

New year, maybe time for an announcement for Pokemon Z!

Kylo_Ren

Bolt_Strike

Kylo_Ren wrote:

Maybe in a few weeks. There is supposed to be major news in next month's CoroCoro.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx

Kylo_Ren wrote:

It would make sense for them to announce it at this point, especially since the anime is now called XY & Z. Pokemon Z is coming in some form or another (Just plain Z, XZ or YZ, or some other interesting name(s)).

Blast

If I was President K, I would suggest to Gamefreak to have Pokemon Z ready for NX launch day. I wanna see a Pokemon main game on better hardware than the 3DS.

But what's probably gonna happen is Pokemon Z revealed in either a Nintendo Direct OR at E3 and released late 2016 for 3DS.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Bolt_Strike

Blast wrote:

If I was President K, I would suggest to Gamefreak to have Pokemon Z ready for NX launch day. I wanna see a Pokemon main game on better hardware than the 3DS.

But what's probably gonna happen is Pokemon Z revealed in either a Nintendo Direct OR at E3 and released late 2016 for 3DS.

Pokemon games are rarely announced through Nintendo's channels, most of the news is released through Japanese gaming magazines like CoroCoro. We'll probably get a trailer at E3 and that's about all we'll see of it through Directs.

Bolt_Strike

Blast

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Blast wrote:

Pokemon games are rarely announced through Nintendo's channels, most of the news is released through Japanese gaming magazines like CoroCoro. We'll probably get a trailer at E3 and that's about all we'll see of it through Directs.

...? Wasn't Pokemon X and Y announced in a Nintendo Direct? Maybe I'm wrong...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Bolt_Strike

Blast wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Blast wrote:

...? Wasn't Pokemon X and Y announced in a Nintendo Direct? Maybe I'm wrong...

It was, but XY were also the beginning of a new generation so the fanfare was warranted. I wouldn't expect the same of a mid generation game like Z. Beyond that, the only times the main series has even been acknowledged through Nintendo Directs were at E3 or when they were announcing companion apps like Dream Radar and Bank.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Kylo_Ren

They could announce Z 4 months in advance like they did with B2W2, so if we are looking at a October release, maybe a spring announcement.

Kylo_Ren

Bolt_Strike

I doubt it's releasing any later than Q2. The gears are already in motion and we're seeing a ton of promotions over the Spring, it's not likely we'll be waiting much longer for an announcement. I'm saying February announcement and June/July release.

Bolt_Strike

Kylo_Ren

A bit early, but would make sense to release it before the NX comes in.

Kylo_Ren

Bolt_Strike

Kylo_Ren wrote:

A bit early, but would make sense to release it before the NX comes in.

Right, I don't think they want to make the same mistake they made last gen where Pokemon dragged its feet transitioning to next gen and end up supporting dead hardware for too long. If they release it around the time the NX does everyone will be wondering why they're still stuck on 3DS and might end up ignoring it.

Bolt_Strike

Pokefanmum82

it wouldn't be the first time nintendo released a third version on old hardware. They did with the DS so get over it already and there's no guarantee that the NX is a new handheld.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Luna_110

I think Pokemon Z will be released on the 3DS. Thry already have all the assets and the graphixs engine, It doesn't make sense to release it on another Console where they will have to develop a completely new engine. The third versions has never been released on a different system. Let's only hope they release it soon, I sold my copy of X to my brother after he erased my file with my darling Blastoise....

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.