Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 4,155

Haru17

@Tsurii They could be playing coy. The movie trailer doesn't even show Magearna itself outside of a silhouetted scene.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

IceClimbers

@Haru17 The movie is already out in Japan though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Araquanid

Yea... the leak is most likely fake. Either its being missread and its a mega for something different, or its completely fake, the movie came out and there was no mega magearna anywhere.

The chances of magearna getting a mega are about as likely as mega flygon.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Eel

<next week>

"Introducing two new mega Pokemon! Mega Magearna and Mega Flygon!"

"And Alola Dunsparce, the Bodybuilder Pokemon"

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

roy130390

@Meowpheel You should work at gamefreak, good sir.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

-Juice-

@MegaBeedrill You might want to rephrase that, since Gamefreak likes to focus on giving Mega Evolutions to popular Pokemon, and the fanbase was pretty loud about their discontent with Gamefreak for not adding Mega Flygon. Going by what you said, since Flygon is pretty popular, it'd be just as fairly likely that Magaerna would get a Mega using your little "when pigs fly" adaptation.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

roy130390

@BlatantlyHeroic Exactly. As far as I know, the only reason Flygon hasn't received a mega is just because they couldn't figure out how to upgrade the design, but they really want to do it. Let's hope it receives one in this game, I'm pretty sure the fanbase will go nuts.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

DefHalan

They must have misread it, it is actually Mega Meganium

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Pokefanmum82

according to Japanese V Jump magazine, there is a sidequest where you find a load of Pyukumuku on the beach and you are paid to throw them back into the ocean.
via serebii.net

sounds like fun lol

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Tyranexx

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

according to Japanese V Jump magazine, there is a sidequest where you find a load of Pyukumuku on the beach and you are paid to throw them back into the ocean.
via serebii.net

sounds like fun lol

Here's the trailer that goes along with that info:

I agree, looks like a fun, quirky sidequest!

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, XC2: Torna - The Golden Country

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

LzWinky

More like they added Megas for the already powerful Pokemon to further imbalance the series

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Araquanid

Lzeon wrote:

More like they added Megas for the already powerful Pokemon to further imbalance the series

With the introduction of Z moves,

even magikarp can be an unstoppable monster.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

Meh, looks like a boring and tedious sidequest. Why do they keep having us do chores in Pokemon games? Are video games not supposed to be fun anymore?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haru17

@Bolt_Strike Well, it's more than Pokemon games usually have...

Bolt_Strike

Haru17 wrote:

No, it's not. It's a throwaway sidequest that takes all of 2 minutes. Why is Game Freak making such a big deal about this anyway?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DarthNocturnal

Isn't it the magazine V-Jump that posted that video? If so, Game Freak AREN'T making a big deal out of it.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Eel

It's less of a side quest and more of a (completely optional) daily activity you can (decide to) to for some (completely optional) money.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

No, it's not. It's a throwaway sidequest that takes all of 2 minutes. Why is Game Freak making such a big deal about this anyway?

Which is more than Pokemon games usually have. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I did something in a Pokemon game that wasn't A: walking, B: battling, or C: some tedious minigame mode like Super Training or Pokemon Contests. If there's a few of these side quests actually involving the new pokemon, that'll do wonders to develop Alola as a setting. The best Pokemon game I can imagine is one that has a side quest for each new pokemon it introduces, developing their pokedex lore, but in real time. This is ever-so-slightly closer to that.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.